Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #1

Indiana RV Connection

Good morning all. Looking to see if anyone has anything good or bad to say about Indiana RV connections. My local Jayco dealer hasn't even responded to my requests for a quote. Indiana RV quote I received on a 2017 RLS was the lowest I've seen on the internet. I live in SC and don't mind the 1800 mile roundtrip to save a substantial amount of $. My only concern is warranty work when needed, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Thanks in advance for responses
usmc1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:44 AM   #2

All good, in our experience. We bought our 2015 Jay Flight 27RLS through Indiana RV Connection. Everything went just as advertised. Very smooth transaction. I would buy from them again. BTW, ~3,600 mi round trip for us.

We had a similar problem with trying to get local Jayco dealers to discuss buying a trailer. We tried many dealers between Las Vegas and Phoenix. The one time a salesman seemed OK and willing to work with us, it took him a week to get back to us with a price and that price was the MSRP!

The nearest Jayco dealer is about 60 miles away. They have been great for all warranty and non warranty service.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:11 AM   #3

Definitely some of the cheapest prices, you can search this forum for warranty/dealer issues when you don't purchase locally. Some had huge problems getting a local dealer to help others had no problem at all. We bought from a local dealer but then moved so we had to find another source for maintenance. Dealer in new location has been taking amazing care of us. If we bought again, I would not hesitate to buy from an online dealer to save thousands. You will get lots of opinions on this forum to help you decide. Good luck and enjoy, Jayco makes a phenomenal product.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2016, 03:50 PM   #4

May I recc. that you also try RVOne. I just ordered a Seneca from them and they came in $5k below Indiana RV Connections, who also had a very good price. Also, you can pick it up in Orlando or Tampa. Lots closer than north Indiana
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 04:31 PM   #5

I bought from Indiana RV connection & was very satisfied with them, best $$$ savings I could find & it was worth the 2600 miles to get it. You can camp for free with full hookup right outside the dealership gates, I stayed 2 nights . Jayco factory is 1 mile away. Warranty work can be had by Camping world without the BS ("Oh you didn't buy it here" line) that the local dealers pull. Enjoy your saving & use it to buy all the other stuff you need or want for camping. GL
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 05:22 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I got quotes from both Indiana and RVOne. The reviews for RVOne scared me off.

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 05:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I got quotes from both Indiana and RVOne. The reviews for RVOne scared me off.
Yes I would avoid them
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:40 PM   #8
wwt

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc1976 View Post
Good morning all. Looking to see if anyone has anything good or bad to say about Indiana RV connections. My local Jayco dealer hasn't even responded to my requests for a quote. Indiana RV quote I received on a 2017 RLS was the lowest I've seen on the internet. I live in SC and don't mind the 1800 mile roundtrip to save a substantial amount of $. My only concern is warranty work when needed, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Thanks in advance for responses
If your willing to drive to northern IN I would recommend The RV Center in Columbia City. Bought our first Jay Flight from them. Very good pre inspection and honest sales and service. I also went there to buy a new brake controller when mine was not releasing voltage. They looked at my setup and found the brake pedal was sticking. They lubed it and didn't charge me. Heck they could have sold me a new controller and sent me on my way.
We bought our second Jay Flight from RV Connection which had good sales and pricing but the pre inspection was rushed and still haven't heard from them about a warranty claim after eight months. They also left me alone to hook up the trailer and make sure everything was good to go. It was after closing time and they had no interest in us anymore I guess.

I live about 30-40 miles from both dealers but I will never buy from RV Connection again. The RV Center has a larger inventory to.
wwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:35 PM   #9

We were going to purchase there, all set up to order, but found a local (several hundred miles away but way closer) they just had what we wanted come in on the truck when we got there, as in Dicor sealant still soft and truck just unhitched. Ended up buying that one. That said, my experience TALKING with IRVC was great. Very helpful and you probably won't beat their prices.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:36 AM   #10

Search on forum, there have been at least a couple other threads on Indiana RV. We ended up ordering through them and picking up at our local dealership here on West Coast owned by same company. Everything went smoothly and they negotiated down better than dealership here where I ended up picking up trailer ironically.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Previous TV: 2004 Ford Exedition w/ heavy duty tow package[/COLOR]
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:24 AM   #11

I have found that if you can find a small "Mom and Pop" dealership, they are much more willing to work with you price wise. I got my original quote online and then took it to a couple dealers to see if they would match or get close. The smaller dealers not moving as much inventory seem to be willing to work more with you to close a deal. That is what I found anyway.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:47 PM   #12

They missed the ladder from my order, but fortunately took a ladder from another unit and installed before I left. It cost me 2 hours (and I missed a local appointment to have TPMS installed - I did not do this until today....).

They did not want to install ProPride hitch - that's fine, I understand this is a different design and stuff... They towed the trailer to a hitch shop 25 minutes away. They forgot to give me the trailer keys. The guy towed the trailer to the hitch shop without the keys. Called them. They were saying that they can mail the keys to my home. Trailer closed and I had 2,200 miles to drive... Ended up sending one of the hitch shop guys and paying him to bring the keys.

Generally, I was not impressed.
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:09 PM   #13

Glad you caught the ladder problem before you left. Did you find that during the PDI? How did the rest of the PDI go?

IIRC, after my PDI (I caught a scratched dining table - Indiana RV Connection had a new top sent to my house in AZ!), I received the keys after signing all the paperwork. Too bad that same process wasn't followed for your purchase.

Hopefully the 'polar vortex' etc. is all done for a while and your trip home will be a bit warmer!
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:27 PM   #14

yes, I caught this before I left. I knew I would be relying on solar panels and easy access to the roof was very important.

PDI was ok, I would say that the guy who was assisting with PDI was the most helpful from the whole staff.
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:19 AM   #15

Thanks everyone for your input. I visited my local Jayco dealer and worked out a deal that was a little less than $1K more than Indiana RV and RV One. They are only 5 miles from the house and I shouldn't have any problems with scheduling any warranty work. Same expected delivery date as the other two dealers, that being late March to early April. The dealer I'm using is a family owned business that's been open for 30 years. We opted for the 2017 Jay Flight 29rlds with several of the options. I traded in the F150 for the F250 and we are ready to go!
Old 12-15-2016, 09:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
I have found that if you can find a small "Mom and Pop" dealership, they are much more willing to work with you price wise. I got my original quote online and then took it to a couple dealers to see if they would match or get close. The smaller dealers not moving as much inventory seem to be willing to work more with you to close a deal. That is what I found anyway.
That's exactly what I ended up doing. Semper Fi brother!