Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #1

Indoor clothesline in a 26bh.

If you have this trailer, you are well aware that you can't fit a rattlesnakes in it if he paid the campsite fees.

I'm trying to determine how to rig up something to hang towels, dishcloths, and possible laundered dry-fit shirts when it is too rainy or humid.

I would really like a hanging rod, but it would need to somehow be fixed to studs to hold any weight.

Has anyone done any such mod? If so, would you share?

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:03 PM   #2

I used 2 expandable home shower curtain rods across the top. (across the long ends of the tub at the top of the shower wall.) No photos, sorry.
Similar to this but don't remember which length we used.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Twist-Eas...n-Rod/47737773

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:12 PM   #3

Our shower on our last cruise had a retractable line in the shower. Made me think about getting one for our camper. Good place to let we clothes drip and dry without taking up any space.
Retractable Clothesline,Stainless Steel Clothing Line Dryer Wall Mounted for Shower Room Bathroom on Amazon for $10
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:37 PM   #4

Did the retractable hold towels up very well?

Old 12-13-2018, 10:38 PM   #5

HOw much weight could they hold? Were the rods on top of the plastic shower surround? Did it affect that at all?

Old 12-14-2018, 04:44 AM   #6

I have the same unit and you are right no storage. I saw one when I was looking that they took out the top bunk and had clothes hanging there.
Mike
mikegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:56 AM   #7

My bathroom is the same as the 26BH. I use an expandable shower curtain rod positioned parallel to the rear wall of the shower, above the tub surround. It stays there all the time, even when traveling. Perfect for hanging towels, bathing suits, etc. I also put command hooks on each wall in the bathroom, including one above the tub surround on the driver's side of the trailer shower wall. If you have to hang anything sopping wet, it drips down into the tub.

I have the Vortex II fan with a MaxAir II cover, and I find it dries things quite well with that airflow. As soon as things are dry, they come off the racks and get put away. Works well. It's a small bathroom but if you make use of the space it's good.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
HOw much weight could they hold? Were the rods on top of the plastic shower surround? Did it affect that at all?
We had 2 of them above the plastic surround.
Didn't affect anything. Towels held very well.
Tried to put them as close to a wall stud as possible.
I did not leave them there all the time, just put them up when we needed them. Takes some of the pressure off the wall.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:52 AM   #9

Quote:
We put two dripping wet suits and rash-guard shirts and there was a little sag but there is a lock mechanism to keep that from happening but I didn't bother. No experience with towels as it was a cruise and we just got fresh ones.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
I used 2 expandable home shower curtain rods across the top. (across the long ends of the tub at the top of the shower wall.) No photos, sorry.
Similar to this but don't remember which length we used.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Twist-Eas...n-Rod/47737773
We use two of these as well. The bathroom in our Bungalow has cabinets on each side of the shower, so we have one go from one cabinet to the corner of the shower stall and the other goes from the other cabinet to the same corner of the shower stall.

We use these to hang hand towels, beach towels and shirts on hangers. The shirts on hangers hang between the cabinet and the shower door, so they aren't inside the shower stall. In the 2 years they've been hanging, they haven't budged.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
We put two dripping wet suits and rash-guard shirts and there was a little sag but there is a lock mechanism to keep that from happening but I didn't bother. No experience with towels as it was a cruise and we just got fresh ones.
I think we may try this first, but I might also like an additional option somewhere for dry fit shirts on hangers, especially when we go to Disney and we're gone all day.

We've been using the extend-a-lind from the roof ladder, but that's a bad idea in an area where it rains everyday. I definitely need an indoor option.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.g View Post
We use two of these as well. The bathroom in our Bungalow has cabinets on each side of the shower, so we have one go from one cabinet to the corner of the shower stall and the other goes from the other cabinet to the same corner of the shower stall.

We use these to hang hand towels, beach towels and shirts on hangers. The shirts on hangers hang between the cabinet and the shower door, so they aren't inside the shower stall. In the 2 years they've been hanging, they haven't budged.

-Michael
Might you have a pic you can share of this set-up?
I'm in no hurry for it. We don't make our Florida trip until the summer. I'm just thinking ahead because I seem to enjoy overthinking things.

Old 12-16-2018, 04:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Might you have a pic you can share of this set-up?
I'm in no hurry for it. We don't make our Florida trip until the summer. I'm just thinking ahead because I seem to enjoy overthinking things.
I will try to remember to take a pic when I visit the camper later this week.

-Michael
Old 12-18-2018, 11:45 AM   #14

Below is the best picture I could get. The TT is closed up for the winter and the electric is off, so the only light available is from the sky light.

We installed the shower current rods shortly after we bought the TT and they haven't slipped once. We really only used them for hand towels, so they are close to the wall and out of the way. They could easily be moved away from the wall and closer to the end of the cabinets to hang larger items like towels. When we hang shirts on hangers on the rods, we do it outside the shower stall. Even with 3 or 4 damp polo shirts, the rods don't move.

I hope that helps.

-Michael

Old 12-19-2018, 11:36 AM   #15

Thanks so much for the picture.
I'm hoping we can get something worked up before our summer trip.

Old 12-26-2018, 02:06 PM   #16

Shower rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.g View Post
Below is the best picture I could get. The TT is closed up for the winter and the electric is off, so the only light available is from the sky light.

We installed the shower current rods shortly after we bought the TT and they haven't slipped once. We really only used them for hand towels, so they are close to the wall and out of the way. They could easily be moved away from the wall and closer to the end of the cabinets to hang larger items like towels. When we hang shirts on hangers on the rods, we do it outside the shower stall. Even with 3 or 4 damp polo shirts, the rods don't move.

I hope that helps.

-Michael

We use expandable rods over our shower too. They work great! If you let them rest on the shower surround, then expand them a little, the weight of everything is resting on the surround, and the walls. I got our at Ollie's, for about $4.00 a piece.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:13 PM   #17

I also have a 2012 26 BH and I use a "STORAGE MANIAC 3-tier Folding Anti-Rust Compact Steel Clothes Drying Rack - 22.44"x14.57"x41.34" from amazon. We just put it inside the tub and it fits fine! It can also be used out doors. - Charlie
charliemac19 is offline   Reply With Quote