Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #1

Installing Programable or WIFI Thermostat in Jayco Eagle Eagle HT 324BHTS

I keep my camper at a seasonal site where we have Wifi and I would like to install a new thermostat either a Smart Wifi model or at least a digital programable one to be able to cool it down prior to arriving on the weekends. Everyone points to the Coleman Mach but the thing looks like it was built in the 1960's and does not look programable. Any suggestions on models or install would be helpful
CT Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #2

I've been looking for the same thing. All the thermostats I've found haven't included the option to run the gas side of the RV. A wi-fi thermostat that would run an AC/heat pump and gas furnace just isn't available as far as I can tell.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:43 PM   #3

There is a Bluetooth one available.
russellrhinesmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:46 PM   #4

Install a residential style . There's plenty of schematics on the web. Your options are endless . I highly recommend the honeywell stats.
o2silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2silverado View Post
Install a residential style . There's plenty of schematics on the web. Your options are endless . I highly recommend the honeywell stats.
I have a Honeywell wi-fi thermostat installed in the house and really like the option of turning on the heat an hour before getting home. This particular thermostat has a 24VAC requirement which is easy enough. However, I haven't found any thermostats that will support the gas furnace side of the RV. There's plenty out there that will work the AC/ heat pump side or the gas side, but none that would cover both. I'm sure I could horse something together with an additional switch, but would rather not.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:50 PM   #6

It is the same as a home with a heat pump & a auxiliary heat source. You need one that supports at least 2 heat 1 cool heat pump. There's no need for switches . Only catch is it has to be battery powered not 24v. You could add a 12- 24v transformer to get around that though.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2silverado View Post
It is the same as a home with a heat pump & a auxiliary heat source. You need one that supports at least 2 heat 1 cool heat pump. There's no need for switches . Only catch is it has to be battery powered not 24v. You could add a 12- 24v transformer to get around that though.
I haven't been able to find a wi-fi thermostat that supports AC, heat pump, and auxiliary heat. I'm not really concerned about the input power requirements.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #8

Honeywell TH6210U2001 will give you 2 heat 1 cool in a 7 day programmable that is battery powered.
TH6220WF2006 gives you 2 heat 1 cool heat pump wifi and programmable but you will need a 24v power source to power the stat. Not sure how you get back to switching the 12v through the stat for the hvac.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:25 PM   #9

https://forwardthinking.honeywell.com/lyricpro/lyric-t6
Old 06-19-2018, 08:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
I have a Honeywell wi-fi thermostat installed in the house

There's plenty out there that will work the AC/ heat pump side or the gas side, but none that would cover both. I'm sure I could horse something together with an additional switch, but would rather not.
I recently installed a Honeywell RTH9585 in my home, which will run either a AC/Heat pump or a central air/furnace option (see the system selection process at 6:45 ). It gives you three heat stages and 2 cooling stages. There may be some special things you need to do with the wiring because each separate device has it's own 24 volt supply. It does require 24 volts and it is WIFI enabled.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:03 PM   #11

OK, thanks guys. I'll take a close look at those options.

Tags
324bhts, smart thermostat, thermostat, wifi