Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2021, 03:58 PM   #1

Inverter Freeze??

We have a Xantrex Freedom HF inverter in a 2015 Jayco Whitehawk. During last weeks Big Texas Freezeout, our trailer, parked across the street in a neighbors drive, was our plan B.

I couldn't get it round in front of the house due to heavy ice. When things got real dicey I went across and checked to see if the heat was working and if the 110 outlets from the converter were also working so we could charge phones and watch TV. Would have been quite comfortable riding it out. Heat was fine but no power from the two 110v outlets and the TV wouldn't power on. We did have lights and the battery level was at 12.4. Normally 13.5 but then the solar panels were covered in snow.

I went to check this afternoon and the voltage was back up but still no 110v power outlets. I hoped maybe it was a severe cold thing but today is warm and they still don't work. Checked the Freedom manual but couldn't find anything answer there. Though they did reference a display which we do not seem to have. There's a plastic plate where the display should be.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be?
StevePowerTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:40 PM   #2

Does the inverter have a GFCI outlet on the front of it? If so, try pressing the reset button on it. I had mine trip causing no output from it.

Also, the output will probably go through a circuit breaker on its way to the outlets if supplies. Try resetting this breaker in the breaker panel.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePowerTX View Post
Though they did reference a display which we do not seem to have. There's a plastic plate where the display should be.
Any thoughts on what the problem might be?
Isn't the display panel also where you turn the inverter on and off? Do you have a separate on/off switch for the inverter somewhere else and if so is it lighted perhaps when switched on?