Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2020, 10:41 AM   #21

I have a 2018 jayco 32bhds does anyone have a good choice for replacement options for the irv32? I still want the ability to control all 3 zones independently..
Bair1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 01:48 PM   #22

Another guy on this forum said he got his dealer and Jayco to replace his with the Soundstream VM-21B and that it works great now, so search this forum for that. I just got one in the mail but haven't installed it yet to see, buy my iRV radio could not get any AM, and very few or no FM, stations, and dealer tried to fix a number of times and finally gave up, plus Jayco refused to deal with it anymore, so I gave up too. Anyway, for what it's worth . . .
GL243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 12:21 PM   #23

So I tried to install the Soundstream VM-21B, got the iRV 32 radio out of the wall housing thing, noticed the wiring harnesses and connectors and, basically, the entire back of both radios look absolutely identical, with identical connectors, wire colors and positions, so I just plugged the Soundstream into the iRV radio connectors, and the Mr. Ho antenna booster thing that the dealer apparently had installed trying to fix my iRV reception issue, but the unit won't even power up or come on at all. I plug the iRV back in and it powers up again OK.

The existing wire harnesses are connected to wires in the trailer that don't match in color at all, so I'm baffled as to how to figure out whether they're connected correctly at all, or if I somehow need to connect things differently for the Soundstream unit.

Also, the blue "antenna" wire is not connected to anything, and I saw on a YouTube video about installing another brand of radio that that is Ok when you have the antenna working through the signal booster thing (if I understood that correctly), so I'm presuming that's not the problem since the iRV radio at least gets some limited FM station reception.

But, the black "ground" wire from the radio's power connector plug is also not connected to anything, SO, could that be part of the problem? It would be strange for that unconnected ground wire to prevent the Soundstream unit from powering up when it doesn't prevent the iRV unit from powering up. Any ideas on what I could/should try next?
GL243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:13 AM   #24

Stereo Issue

Sorry PhillyPhan, I dont have a definate answer. Does it do it on every DVD? I would say there must be a defect. Maybe insure your in stereo mode on the TV?
mixter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 01:04 PM   #25

how did you remove the IRV32 Patrick Industries PAT-101929 iRV

How did you remove your IRV?
OUR IRV32 from
Patrick Industries PAT-101929 iRV

Does not have the side panels on each side to reveal the screws like others.
I'm seeing the Patrick Industries model we have is slightly differant.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixter7 View Post
We recently purchased a new 2018 Jayco 285rlsw. We love it. I have one problem though, we cannot pickup any radio stations on the IRV32 stereo system (everything else works great). I thought the antenna became unplugged. I was able to unmount the stereo and the antenna was plugged in. I bought a car antenna so i could test and see if there was a disconnect somewhere, but that one didn't work either. No hint of a station am or fm. My question is i notice there is a blue wire that's not terminated. In the reference is says "Blue ANT POWER OUT", should this one be connected somewhere? Also, does anyone have the support number for IRV Technologies? Any help is appreciated my fellow Jaycodites.
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, irv, radio