Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2018, 11:11 PM   #1

Question IRV 32 Radio Problem

We recently purchased a new 2018 Jayco 285rlsw. We love it. I have one problem though, we cannot pickup any radio stations on the IRV32 stereo system (everything else works great). I thought the antenna became unplugged. I was able to unmount the stereo and the antenna was plugged in. I bought a car antenna so i could test and see if there was a disconnect somewhere, but that one didn't work either. No hint of a station am or fm. My question is i notice there is a blue wire that's not terminated. In the reference is says "Blue ANT POWER OUT", should this one be connected somewhere? Also, does anyone have the support number for IRV Technologies? Any help is appreciated my fellow Jaycodites.
Attached Thumbnails
IRV_1.jpg   IRV_2.jpg  
mixter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:23 AM   #2

Let the dealer work it out it's free service.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:00 AM   #3

That blue wire is probably for a power (retractable) antenna, which you wouldn't have in a trailer. You say "no hint of a station am or fm". That sounds like a bad stereo/radio, since you tried a different antenna.

I have to say the last 2 trailers I've owned had very poor reception on their radios. Both were made by Furrion. Sad to say it's hard to find a good radio anymore. Same goes for portable radios. Guess we're supposed to be streaming to our iPhones and bluetoothing it to our stereos, haha.
NH_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:59 AM   #4

That's what i thought. Not sure its worth the hassle, seeing it true everything seems to be streamed anyway......Thanks for the info.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:18 AM   #5

I've been thinking about replacing my unit with this one. https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Electron.../JHD1130B.html
etrailer doesn't have any reviews on it, but I found some from off-roaders that give it pretty good marks. Nothing fancy, but I like the weatherband.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:54 PM   #6

I have a 2018 White Hawk 28RL. Does anyone know if the Furrion TV is wired to the ceiling speakers?
Scott_Trailer_Newbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:12 AM   #7

Your ceiling and outside speakers are connected to your stereo/radio, not your tv. The audio output of your tv should be connected to an audio input of your stereo/radio. If it's not working, it could be a setting in either the tv or stereo, or the audio cable could be loose or missing.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:31 AM   #8

Ok, I’ll check it out.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #9

Scott TN, our 2017 Jayflight 28RLS has audio in ceiling speakers when we watch DVD movies. Furrion radio and TV, may be the same as your Whitehawk. I only wish the exterior speakers integrated into the awning were of better quality. How do you like the body mounted exterior speakers?
Old 02-04-2018, 12:31 PM   #10

Do you have the booster on the TV antenna turned on?
Moderator on Hi-Lo Trailer Forum
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:03 AM   #11

The radio in my 19RD was junk. It would freeze up when playing a dvd and would not recognize my ipod. After hassling with it for a few days I took it out and replaced it with a great sounding Pioneer dvd/receiver from a local car audio store. I had to make my own faceplate to cover the over sized hole in the cabinet. The audio store had blank black plastic panels for that purpose. Recently I added an XM radio into the system and all is working great.
Redslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:30 PM   #12

Actually, working with dealership on a replacement. After my test, its definitely a bad stereo as far as radio reception, but other than that everything else works.

I hope they can send me a new one i can replace myself in the mail. I'd rather not have to hitch up and take it back to the dealership.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:37 PM   #13

If its anything like my stereo (IRV32), then it's hooked up to the ceiling speakers and outside speakers. The only thing is within the TV you have to enable HDMI-CEC and then have it search for your stereo under the device list. Once it does this it should work. Also, your HDMI cable must be plugged into a HDMI (Arc) port on both sides and set the stereo to AUDIO 2 as the source. Keep in mind the tv speaker will be disabled, but the ceiling ones sound so much better. You get more of that surround sound effect.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:33 PM   #14

Another item that is missed sometimes on the installation of or replacement of a radio is a good ground connection. Especially noticeable if you have no clear signals but seem to pick up the whirring noise associated with running engine ignition. Over the years, Aside from a bad radio or a disconnected antenna, I have found bad grounds due to rust primarily, to be a consistent nuisance. A long test lead and a multi-meter works miracles sometimes ! Good luck!
Cuchulainn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #15

Did your radio issue get fixed we have 2018 jayco bhbe no radio signal anywhere but our driveway our local dealers all charge to diagnose jayco will not cover diagnose under waranty.
Jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:54 PM   #16

Radio Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffy View Post
Did your radio issue get fixed we have 2018 jayco bhbe no radio signal anywhere but our driveway our local dealers all charge to diagnose jayco will not cover diagnose under waranty.

No, it still exists.....someone told me to call the manufacturer, but i never did. We find that we use the Bluetooth/Amazon music more than the radio. The dealership (Camping World) is willing to troubleshoot it if we take it in (over 55 mi. away). I figure it will be more worthwhile if other issues occur. Might as well try and kill 2 birds with one stone if you know what in mean.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:16 PM   #17

I contacted my friends dealership 330km away this afternoon and was told the irv 32 radio is kind I have are junk , but it's the model that comes with trailer. The service rep said check attena connections or get better quality radio
Jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:37 PM   #18

We have the same unit in our 2018 BHDS. Dealer told use once it gives us an issue, call them. Not a matter if it will go bad, but when it will.
He asked his factory rep. why in the heck they put such a piece of crap in the campers. He was more willing to take his chances with Furrion.
racertoms27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
Do you have the booster on the TV antenna turned on?
At the risk of quoting myself I must correct what I said without thinking. The radio has its own antenna and has nothing to do with boosted TV antenna. At least that's how our 21QB is equipped.
Moderator on Hi-Lo Trailer Forum
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixter7 View Post
If its anything like my stereo (IRV32), then it's hooked up to the ceiling speakers and outside speakers. The only thing is within the TV you have to enable HDMI-CEC and then have it search for your stereo under the device list. Once it does this it should work. Also, your HDMI cable must be plugged into a HDMI (Arc) port on both sides and set the stereo to AUDIO 2 as the source. Keep in mind the tv speaker will be disabled, but the ceiling ones sound so much better. You get more of that surround sound effect.
I'm having an issue with my two surround speakers. They both work when playing the radio, but when I play DVDs only one speaker has sound. I can't figure it out. I have the furrion TV and IRV32 stereo. I have a Jayco 28BHS 2019. HDMI cable is hooked up to arc ports on the TV and radio. Any suggestions?
PhillyPhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, irv, radio