Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #1

IRV30 Radio Replacment

On our 4th trip with our new jayco 26bh and ran into my first issue. The radio will not turn on. I pulled it out and checked the 10amp fuse in the back of the radio and it was good, checked the fuse in the main fuse panel and it was good, then checked the voltage going to the radio in the pin connector. There is 13v dc going to the radio but it will not power so I assume the radio took a dump. Not an issue really this is our last trip of the year. Now here is the million dollar question. Obviously I'm under warrantee but if I can get a replacement myself for cheap enough say $50 or less than it's not worth my trouble taking my trailer back for warrantee. So what should I Do? Are there any good cheap options people normally use to replace these? Cheap as in price but not reliability as much. Let me know what you guys think.

Chevy79bu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:54 PM   #2

If you have a good dealer they should work with you. I had three items that needed to be replaced under warranty over two years. All I did was supply the dealer with pictures and they shipped the items to me. I never had to take the TT in for any service.

Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:42 PM   #3

Honestly that's not a bad idea. I drive by the place I bought it from to and from work every day. I'll give that a shot first and see what they say. Otherwise I'm thinking of replacing it with a radio/DVD player so that the T.V. mounted to the wall right by it can just hook up to it.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy79bu View Post
Honestly that's not a bad idea. I drive by the place I bought it from to and from work every day. I'll give that a shot first and see what they say. Otherwise I'm thinking of replacing it with a radio/DVD player so that the T.V. mounted to the wall right by it can just hook up to it.

I had warranty work where Iíve upgraded the product but i paid the difference for a better part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:46 AM   #5

There is a reset button behind the face plate. have you tried pushing it? Mine would not connect to Bluetooth devices when I first brought it home. Once i reset the radio it worked like a charm.
NOTAHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #6

Did not see the reset button but I just tried it and it did not help. Mine will not power up at all. Like I said before I'm getting 13v dc through the pin connector to the radio but it will not power. I'm assuming the radio it's self is shot.