Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2022, 08:30 AM   #1

iRV36 Radio

I have the iRV36 radio. Other than being extremely overpriced for no features, I am having one problem.

It has a HDMI port to connect to a television HDMI port to play the tv's audio through the radio's inside or outside speakers.

I have a Visio tv.

The user manual doesn't say how to do this.

I've put the radio into AUX mode and I've switched the tv to external speaker and internal speakers off. (I've tried various configurations of this.)

I've made sure the radio is not in MUTE and the Zones are active.

I'm using the HDMI/ARC port on the tv and I tried all the other HDMI ports, yet no tv audio through the iRV36.

Am I doing anything wrong?
66lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 09:26 AM   #2

My irv has to have HDMI ARC in it's display to play TV audio. There is a few second lag before it produces sound.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 01:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
My irv has to have HDMI ARC in it's display to play TV audio. There is a few second lag before it produces sound.
I spent over a full hour going over it. So, lag isn't the problem.
Old 02-25-2022, 03:20 PM   #4

Also, FWIW, upon delivery mine had no sound and had the input wires on the back of the irv unit connected incorrectly from the factory. May be something to check.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 04:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Also, FWIW, upon delivery mine had no sound and had the input wires on the back of the irv unit connected incorrectly from the factory. May be something to check.

The am/fm radio play perfectly through Zone 1 and 2. So I don't believe there is speaker miswire.

Is this iRV36 compatible with all televisions?
Old 03-05-2022, 11:43 AM   #6

I have the same issue. Plugged a Roku into the IRV unit and used the supplied HDMI coming from the IRV to connect to a Tv. Getting picture but no sound so it appears to be connected properly. I hear a click type sound when I connect so it’s like it wants to send sound but not bad enough to actually do it. Tried everything I could think of with no luck. Very disappointing.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 10:08 AM   #7

IRV connections

The HDMI connector is just a convenience throughput. It does not have connections TO the headunit. You will need to connect the audio Output FROM the TV TO the AUX INPUT on the IRV headunit. Also your TV might have 2 different audio out modes. 1 is Fixed or 2 is Variable.
We set ours to Variable to allow volume adjustment of the ceiling speakers with the TV remote. You might have to change this in your TV audio settings.
We also got a set of powered computer speakers from BestBuy with a Sub that was small enough to fit behind the TV and connected them to the IRV36. It adds a "center" channel and some depth to the sound. So you could say we now have a 5.1 system BUT it is only 1/2 stereo as the IRV36 is left/right out only (x2).
So if you have the Roku plugged in to the IRV36 AND its HDMI is connected to the TV, you ALSO need to have the TV audio OUTPUT sent to the IRV36 AUX in. Set the IRV36 to the AUX channel and it will play the TV audio to the ceiling.
Buster Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 11:15 AM   #8

I have no knowledge of the iRV systems, but am savvy on sound systems. Quick fix for me was to run stereo wire from the TV audio out (used for headphones) to iRV audio input on the front. Works for me.
Momma's trailer is offline   Reply With Quote