Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
Would be nice to know the wall width to figure out what size TV to buy. rkresge, is this a new virtual tour on the website? I never looked at it before.
I'm with you, I don't remember ever seeing this option before. It's kinda nice.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:34 PM   #22

Give Jayco a call. I had an exterior measurement question prior to ordering my unit. I called Jayco and they put me in touch with the NE regional sales manager who in turn sent me a drawing with measurements.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:58 PM   #23

How about colors? We ordered our 36REQS with the Cabernet interior. All was good until we walked Iinto the bedroom and the 3 valences and bed cover were a ungodly white silver color. Not even the same pattern. Needless to say we were not happy. Still waiting to see if they'll swap them out. I may be recovering them myself
Spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:58 PM   #24

FWIW, our 23RLSW came with a TV, plus an extra KeBloc mounting bracket; the mounting block to put on the wall would have to come from the manufacturer; I've requested pricing.

Regards

Roger[/QUOTE]

Roger, FWIW if you look at the kitchen electrical outlet that's to the right of the sink and located in that panel above the drawer well there's nothing behind that panel. So what I did is remove that outlet and put it just under the sink and added a silver wear drawer in that location. This was a real easy mod and added 25% more drawer space.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 01-27-2016, 12:16 AM   #25

A front view
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 01-27-2016, 08:21 AM   #26

Tunce the traveler, I see your TV is a Touareg. I came very close to buying a used 2014 thru CarMax. Then the stuff hit the fan about the VW emissions scandal and I decided to back off of the deal.

It's a very nice vehicle. I ended up buying a new 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 3.0 liter diesel. A little less tow cap. (7700 vs 7200 JGC ) a little more torque (406 vs 420 JGC ) but it should haul the 23RLSW with no problem.

I'm very happy with it so far. I rented a TT for a day with similar specs to the unit I'm buying. Towed it for a couple hundred miles over elevations close to 4000' and was impressed with the towing ability. Ended up averaging 15.8 MPG for the trip.

What are your impressions of the TDI? Wireman
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:36 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky1 View Post
How about colors? We ordered our 36REQS with the Cabernet interior. All was good until we walked Iinto the bedroom and the 3 valences and bed cover were a ungodly white silver color. Not even the same pattern. Needless to say we were not happy. Still waiting to see if they'll swap them out. I may be recovering them myself
We ordered the coffee interior. That came in as ordered/expected. The cushions, and window boxes/valances were all as expected. The only difference was that the bed spread had a pattern on it. All prior ones I saw were solid colors. Not that it matters, because bedding is the first thing the wife will swap out with the high quality bedding she bought for our Sunnybrook.

I also plan on swapping my almost brand new $600 memory foam mattress from my trade in. I put the new Denver mattress in the trade. From what I've been reading here. I don't think I want the denver mattress.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:10 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
Tunce the traveler, I see your TV is a Touareg. I came very close to buying a used 2014 thru CarMax. Then the stuff hit the fan about the VW emissions scandal and I decided to back off of the deal.

It's a very nice vehicle. I ended up buying a new 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 3.0 liter diesel. A little less tow cap. (7700 vs 7200 JGC ) a little more torque (406 vs 420 JGC ) but it should haul the 23RLSW with no problem.

I'm very happy with it so far. I rented a TT for a day with similar specs to the unit I'm buying. Towed it for a couple hundred miles over elevations close to 4000' and was impressed with the towing ability. Ended up averaging 15.8 MPG for the trip.

What are your impressions of the TDI? Wireman
Love this Touareg and as you can see from my dash I get 34 MPG without the TT and I get 23 MPG with the TT. The car turns on a dime it's easy to park in a regular parking space " not like a truck" and I own one a GMC.The cars weight is 5,000 lbs. and rides like a dream both with and without the TT. Trailer weight full of my stuff is 5,600 lbs. The 8 speed automatic transmission is smooth and quiet and I switch to standard mode going down those 6-7% grades and almost never use my brakes. My TDI has the add blu so I'm not affected by this recall, it has been mentioned but it's not part of it.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 01-27-2016, 10:27 AM   #29

I think they call this a "line change". It probably because during production they ran out of something. We ordered our 2016 28RBDS in November and took delivery in December. We noticed that there wasn't any carpet on the kitchen side slide (which is a welcome change!). Also in the bedroom there was supposed to be a headboard but there is none. Not a deal breaker but it would have been nice if we were informed of it...
EPH 461 is offline   Reply With Quote