Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-20-2018, 04:46 PM   #21

Just got home from our 7/th trip and the TT has been great!

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:16 PM   #22

I'm happy with ours. It's had some issues, but nothing that would stop a trip. Some user induced, some mmanufacturer. I fly a 27 million dollar plane and it has issues too. Anything that moves and has multiple systems is going to need some work from time to time.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:30 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
I still think it would be a crap shoot these days but the odds are in your favor. Just think of the hundreds of trailers built today that you never hear about. Only the bad ones complain and rightly so. As stated above a good dealer and an extensive PDI are the key.
Don't get me wrong. I was not bad mouthing Jayco. I think they build as good as anybody and better than most. Any camper will have some issues. I love my 377 and think I got a good unit. I've only been on three trips so far and 4 or 5 minor problems which I fixed myself. My comment was about Camping World. I do have slide problem that's been to CW three times. They have done damage to my camper ea time and slide still not right. three broke bolts, six missing bolts. hole knocked in wall. stood on sofa with greasy feet. I could keep going.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:30 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
I'm happy with ours. It's had some issues, but nothing that would stop a trip. Some user induced, some mmanufacturer. I fly a 27 million dollar plane and it has issues too. Anything that moves and has multiple systems is going to need some work from time to time.
Amen....
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:50 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
Don't get me wrong. I was not bad mouthing Jayco. I think they build as good as anybody and better than most. Any camper will have some issues. I love my 377 and think I got a good unit. I've only been on three trips so far and 4 or 5 minor problems which I fixed myself. My comment was about Camping World. I do have slide problem that's been to CW three times. They have done damage to my camper ea time and slide still not right. three broke bolts, six missing bolts. hole knocked in wall. stood on sofa with greasy feet. I could keep going.
Same experience here with camping world in florida. I Will never step foot in another no matter what. Came out the last time with more damage than repairs as you describe.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:40 AM   #26

we bought a 2018 29RKS last August and have been pleased with it, had to have 1 of the struts replaced on the awning and 1 of the stabilizer jacks was replaced, I built a support to firm up the bed, other than that it has been great
Old 05-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #27

Gosh I thought our RV dealers were bad! Did anyone take pictures at drop off?Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:29 PM   #28

If you plan on spending any time inside the trailer relaxing watching television, make sure that what you will be sitting on is comfortable and in the best position to do this. I have an older 25rks with a single slide out but unfortunately the sleeper sofa is very uncomfortable for sitting on while watching television.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:32 PM   #29

A good dealer is a must, Mine is a 65% precenter
Unfortunately. i am on my 4th trip into have the auto levers
Function properly. Anyone know a procedure to have warranty
Extended for repeat isdues?
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:58 PM   #30

Camping World Service is BAADD!

Maybe Mr. Limonis (The Profit) should concentrate on fixing his own business.
Idaho Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:22 PM   #31

If you have all of the bugs worked out of the one you have keep it. I would have to think long and hard before I put us through another huge head ache like buying another new one. Good dealers are hard to find.
rvtinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:32 PM   #32

Prayer never hurts..
baja10y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:50 PM   #33

No, full timers, move around yearly. Hard to constantly leave it in a repair facility for any length of time.
Old 05-30-2018, 03:52 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja10y View Post
Prayer never hurts..
Understand. Thanks
Old 05-30-2018, 06:44 PM   #35

We took delivery of a Jayco Jay Flight Bungalow 40BHQS - the "park" model (actually called a Destination trailer) in January. Ordered it in August, 2017. Did not use it much this spring, winter would not leave. Found 11 issues so far - One window leaks, toilet in back bathroom appears to not have any seal between the floor and the toilet, black tank flush water line on the front black tank leaks, black tape falls off the underside, 2 of the 4 slides out of adjustment (lean in at the top, top wall seal does not meet the wall), etc, etc. Not very impressed. We did a LOT of research (a couple of years worth), really liked the Jayco warranty and perceived quality. Could have bought a Coachmen park trailer for $10k less, but really liked the build quality of the model we looked at. Had to drive to Indiana to see it, up here in Michigan most dealers do not stock the park trailers. Our trailer was one of the first built at one of their new plants at Middlebury (Bungalows are built on the Eagle 5th wheel line I was told - they are wide body like a 5th). I think the workers were less experienced, but figured the trailers would be inspected prior to shipment. The dealer - Terrytown in Grand Rapids, MI is USELESS!!!!!!!!!! They were all smiles at delivery, ever since they have said "I'm sorry, we don't do that". My warranty states that due to the type of trailer this is, Jayco covers up to three trips to perform warranty work. That is great, but Terrytown does not do that. They wanted me to sign a sublet agreement, I would agree to pay for a tech to come out. I asked them if I really looked that stupid, i am not signing that. The warranty clearly states Jayco pays that cost.
I am currently talking to Jayco to get the items fixed. Sounds like a mobile tech will be dispatched. I told them I really don't want anyone from Terrytown touching the trailer again.

I talked to the regional rep throughout this process (Micah Hicks) - he set up our factory tour back at the start of this process. He has been quite helpful, but has made some commitments that he has not lived up to. He was going to take pictures of the trailer on the assembly line, oh, wait, he was traveling and the person he asked to do it forgot. I got a Jayco sweatshirt, a flashlight, and some other trinkets for that oversight. He told me the trailer was built, which was technically correct, but it was missing holding tanks for 2 weeks, a fact he finally admitted after i asked why it was taking so long for the trailer to get to the dealer. It has not been the best experience. Darn frustrating many times.

We bought a brand new Shasta bunkhouse trailer in 2000, NEVER had a major issue. That was not a high end brand, more on the low end. 17 years of use, only one time the AC fan did not start, went up, spun the fan, sprayed some WD40, and it was good again. Sold that trailer last summer. We outgrew that trailer. I could not justify the price of a replacement truck, so we decided to go seasonal. I hope Jayco will take care of all the issues. I agree a good dealer would make it so much easier. I will never set foot in Terrytown again. Completely incompetent.

Not sure if Jayco has gotten worse, better or somewhere in between. I hope my experience is unique. I have people at the campground we are at that have had similar problems with other brands. Terrible service from the dealer in most cases too. The industry is super busy right now, so I think that is not helping this situation. They build these things on piece rate. Go take a tour, those people are busting their rumps. But at the end of the day, they need to keep an eye on the quality. I spent a bunch of money, so far it has not been that much fun.

Hopefully your experience will be different. I will not order a trailer again, I will buy out of stock in the summer, test, kick, use all systems. We are 15-20 years from the next purchase, but I will be much smarter next time. I will find a dealer that cares too.
DutchBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:17 PM   #36

We have a 2018 RKS. Let’s keep in touch and compare notes, findings and experiences.
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:53 PM   #37

Update on my trailer. I have been exchanging emails with Jayco, sent them all the background emails on my journey since January. I just got an update, they are calling Terrytown, the dealer I bought this trailer from. The wheels appear to finally be turning. Jayco agreed with me that I get three trips to fix warranty issues. To my knowledge, this is unique to the Bungalow model. Hopefully they can motivate the dealer to come out, or I guess they will hire a mobile tech.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:26 PM   #38

Update #2 - Mobile tech came out yesterday, spent 6 hours fixing all the issues. Has a few parts to order. I was not happy that the trailer was delivered this way, but this tech is his own business, so at least he cared. He told me Jayco is a pretty good unit, but has been slipping, he was not sure if it was due to Thor buying them or not. Older units were better built in his opinion. We will see how it goes from here. I agree with others that a great dealer is the key. I did not have that, and it only added to the stress.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:53 AM   #39

Update #3 - the rest of the parts were installed today, I was still having trouble with the AC. The tech pulls the front AC apart - the unit that was optional. This is a 13.5btu up in the front bedroom, the main unit is 15k. The trailer had been losing temp in the daytime heating. He pulled the inside cover down, took a look and asked me "was this AC installed at Jayco or at the dealer?" I told him it was a factory option - so it was installed at Jayco. He shook his head. He said the divider between the return air and the air conditioned air was not secure. So the air was basically circling around in the unit. That unit was having the compressor freeze up. He spent the better part of 45 minutes rebuilding the inside of that AC unit. He did admit that since Thor bought Jayco, the number of issues he has seen has gone up. He said the dealers have been overwhelmed as well. They are not used to this level of quality. Most of it is stupid stuff that should have been built better. With the two visits by the tech, I am guessing that Jayco has spent around $1000 to fix the trailer. I have been pretty frustrated, did not expect this. I bought the myth that they are built better. Thankfully I don't plan on buying another for a LONG time. We will have this one 15-20 years. I hope the issues are resolved. We will see. Spent a lot of money, had more than a few headaches.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #40

Your lucky our 16 Eagle 321 RSTS with complete roof replacement maybe approaching 10K. Many many problems entire living area vinal replaced and on and on!Final warranty items all 4 wheel seals blown, replacing entire braking system August 31! Yes almost 3 years to get all warranted items completed.You cannot wait to get warranty repairs done,in one month we will be 3 years!
Attached Thumbnails
DTOP7.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote