Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2018, 10:06 PM   #21

We have used JT's on 2 5ers....now we are back in a TT, I put the SteadyFasts on, along with using the X Chocks. They take out 98% of the wiggle, much better than the JT's for sure.

But a new product I just bought called The Rock is pretty darn legit.

We use it with the Steadyfasts but I don't think we need to. We are doing full testing this weekend as a matter of fact...with and with out the steady fasts to check the front to back vs left and right.

Check out The Rock....
https://www.therockrvstabilizer.com/

X Chocks will do nothing more than isolate the tires...you still have the rubber that bounces, and the shackles...landing gear and jacks flex without Steadyfasts or JT's or similar products...but you can darn near rid all the movement with some of these products.

Cheers

RR .
rollingrockTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:10 AM   #22

It also should be mentioned that the length of the frame has a lot to do with the amout of flex you get.
A 40' frame will flex/bounce way more than a 25' frame which I think is why success of the j. t. strong arms may depend on frame length
Old 11-28-2018, 10:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingrockTX View Post
We have used JT's on 2 5ers....now we are back in a TT, I put the SteadyFasts on, along with using the X Chocks. They take out 98% of the wiggle, much better than the JT's for sure.

But a new product I just bought called The Rock is pretty darn legit.

We use it with the Steadyfasts but I don't think we need to. We are doing full testing this weekend as a matter of fact...with and with out the steady fasts to check the front to back vs left and right.

Check out The Rock....
https://www.therockrvstabilizer.com/

X Chocks will do nothing more than isolate the tires...you still have the rubber that bounces, and the shackles...landing gear and jacks flex without Steadyfasts or JT's or similar products...but you can darn near rid all the movement with some of these products.

Cheers

RR .

Looking forward to the results. No price was listed, How much were they?

Thanks,

Jim
fr8erfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:03 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8erfxr View Post
Looking forward to the results. No price was listed, How much were they?

Thanks,

Jim
Hey Jim, the creator Jim Holes, charges 300.00 for his kit but there are some variables...think of him as a start up. He is trying to save money where he can, like shipping and heavy chains so it is best to call him or send him an email to discuss your rig and some options. His price can vary based on location and if you want to buy your own chains to save money on freight costs.

It may sound a little expensive but its not really when you see the quality of the product and how he ships them. A lot of thought and engineering when in to these and it will be very obvious when you get a set. Jim has taken a very simple engineering approach to his product and every detail including the built in grease zerks, twist handles, milled bolts that perfectly fit the brackets, its really impressive.

Since I have the SteadyFasts at 280.00+ installed, they were better than the JT's but I felt there was something better so I went with these to test out. This weekend will be the real test but in storage, we have been really impressed and that is on loose gravel at our storage unit. I will post up the test results with and without the use with a combo.

Cheers

JP
IG @Pedal_withus
Youtube: Pedal With Us.
This is Jayco Camper #5 for us. 20 years of Jayco's.
rollingrockTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:44 AM   #25

Not a bad price if it works that good. Thanks for the reply and I am definitely looking forward to your review.

Thanks,

Jim
fr8erfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:57 PM   #26

When we first bought our trailer I was not happy with how much movement there was when it was all set up. I replaced the factory stabilizer jacks with a set of BAL jacks which made it better but not great. I bought the X-chocks which helped a little. So I bought slide out jacks which didn't do anything. Then I realized that the movement wasn't up and down or front to back but rather side to side. Not having the desire to spend any more money on this problem I took the slide out jacks and placed them at an angle from the outside in to the frame just behind the back wheels and it was perfect. They act much like the Rock without the chain connecting them and a lot less money.
jlawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:38 AM   #27

Valterra Stabilizers

I just ordered 2 of these for my 26bh flight. Hope they work.
Thanks, Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
I added this to my X-chocks and it has helped a LOT:

https://www.valterra.com/product/rv-...iversal-boxed/

Roger
mikegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:17 AM   #28

On our Eagle 330RSTS (almost 40'), we a combination of the electric stabilizers, Xchocks, JT Strongarms and two scissor jacks placed just in front of the tires. Short of blocking up the frame itself, this combination has made our Eagle about as solid as we could want.

One thing I have discovered as well is that when extending the electric stabilizers and scissor jacks, the less I have to do that, the more solid things feel so I use concrete blocks under all of them to limit their travel as much as possible.

Tags
stabilizer