Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2014, 06:05 PM   #1

Is there a fan in the fuse box?

Hi guys. I just got my 2011 Jayco Jayflight out of the storage lot. Got it home and plugged it in. Now, there is, what sounds like, a fan running inside the fuse box. The fuse box right beneath the stove. It is about 106 degrees here now, and it has been sitting in the sun for a long time. Is there a fan? and is it going to run until the fuse box cools down? I can't find a off switch for it. I noticed it after I turned the environmental panel to "fan" to test it, then I turned it off. That's when I heard the "fan" running in the fuse box. Does anyone know what this is and should I worry?
usmcar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:22 PM   #2

Yes you do have a fan in the converter box. It has a internal thermostat and will keep things nice and cool. So kick back and enjoy a cool one[emoji481]. You have nothing to worry about.
lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #3

I have a WFCO Converter. The fan cycles on every power-up. It would also run when the 12V amp draw was high (i.e. = after turning on most of the inside lights. Rigging up your exterior running lights to be on when disconnected from the Travel Vehicle also puts a high amp draw on the converter when plugged up.

Since installing LEDs....over a year ago....my converter fan has not come on.
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 02:44 PM   #4

I have my trailer plugged in at my house through usual shore power plug to keep my battery charged, and we will go out in the trailer at least once a week to have some alone time. My question is: It's so hot, every time I go out - I hear the fan constantly going in the fuse box. I keep everything unplugged (microwave, etc.) when not in use. So what is drawing power to make the fan blow? It concerns me because, what if it goes out from running all the time - and if it does - what does that effect? And is keeping my trailer plugged in through shore power plug a good idea?
Momma's trailer is offline   Reply With Quote