Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2021, 04:05 PM   #1

Issue with spray port on Eagle HT 280RSOK

I am in a campground hooked up to city water with the green and blue valves set to city water connection.

I used the spray port at the docking station and it worked OK however not a lot of water pressure. After use I disconnected it.

Then a water leak started at the hose inlet marked Winterize/Sanitize. This was not a drip but a small stream of water coming out.

Does any one know what could be wrong? What does the spray port have to do with the winterize/sanitize inlet?

The only way to stop the leak is to turn the green handle down to say it is on dry camp. However, I am still hooked to city water and I have water to the faucets, toilet inside even with this change in the valve.

I am on a trip and cannot get into a Jayco certified dealer for weeks and the mobile techs don't even return calls. Jayco has been helpful but is unable to solve the problem unless I can get to a dealer.

Any assistance from this group would be appreciated.

Cimarronkid from Colorado
cimarronkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 07:27 AM   #2

Did you ever get this resolved? I am experiencing this same issue as of this morning, switching from tank/pump back to city water.
KikisDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 03:56 AM   #3

I took the RV to a certified Jayco dealer and they said that it was a cracked valve behind the winterize/sanitize hose inlet. They did not have the correct valve in stock to fix it. I was getting ready to leave for a trip and so they did a temporary fix by putting a plug in the hose inlet so it would not drip. Seems to be working. I have an appointment to take the RV in again when I get home.

I do not like the spray port as it does not seem to have much water pressure and so will probably not use it again.

Be sure the faucets to the spray port are OFF or you will have water go into the hot water heater which will cause the water in the hot water heater to not be as hot as it should be this. This happened to us when we were doing the PDI and it took the dealer over an hour to figure out one of the RV techs had not turned off the cold water faucet when he disconnected the spray hose from the spray port in the docking station.
cimarronkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:39 AM   #4

Okay-- thank you for the info and hope you get it sorted. I will double check the valves and try again. I am pretty remote and an hours drive from a dealership so this is a set back for me. Such is the RV life. Safe travels!
KikisDad is offline   Reply With Quote