Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #1

J-CUBES and 2012 32 TSBH and trundle bed option

I visited the Jayco web site and was looking at the pictures of my TT. I noticed that in the pictures they have pillows/wedges called J-CUBES. They look really cool. Mine did not come with these. I called my dealer and he informed me that because I got the trundle bed option, that my unit did not come with the J-CUBES. I took him at his word. Well, the more I thought about it the more I wanted the J-CUBES. I just got through emailing Jayco to find out if my dealer was honest with me, and if he was, could I possibly order the cubes. My question is this to anyone who may own a similar TT to mine with the trundle bed option. Did they come with yours? As always, thanks in advance.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #2

I have not seen the trundle bed option. Ours came with the J Cubes and we love them. Practical, easy to use and really quite comfortable.
Da Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #3

We just bought a 314bds with the trundle bed option (j cubes are standard). We went with the trundle bed due to the age of our kids (8,5,1) and knowing not everyone would want a top bunk. We are happy with it so far. If the kids were older the j cubes may have been a better option for us.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #4

so my dealer was straight up with me...it is one or the other?
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #5

Yes, your dealer was correct. I have a 32BHDS. The j-cube is standard while the trundle and bunk option was a $71 add-on. Best $71 bucks I've spent in a long time as we have 3 kids and the j-cube wouldn't have worked for us.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #6

With 4 kids in the bunk house we went with the J-Cubes. You can not get the cubes with the trundle bed option. With the cubes you can put both side by side and create a queen bed, very comfortable I may add. We had SIL and BIL camp with us and they loved the J-Cube queen bed.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #7

We have the J-Cubes and love them. As a few people mentioned before they're surprisingly comfortable. My daughter and her cousins have built numerous forts out of them. Oddly enough there was something that came to mind right away after I saw them. They can be entirely removed if you want and you have this big open space you can do whatever with. That big open space measures around 14'x8'
Equalizer 12K
Forgvn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #8

We have the J-cubes and I would prefer to of had the trundle bed! The trundle doesn't come out as far and I can never seem to get my kids to put the J-cubes back in order so they are constantly stepping on them. They love the J-cubes while watching tv and texting (lol!). My 71 year old mom camped with us & said the J-cube was "surprisingly comfortable."
Old 08-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #9

We've got 6 kids and love the J-Cubes. They all can sleep in the back BH with no problems at all, heck, they could just about all sleep on the ground with all 4 J-Cubes folded out - excepth for my 15YO boy - he stays in his bunk.

My younger kids love standing them on their sides in the BH and making "forts" - great way to pass a rainy day or some games before bedtime. You can fold them 90 degrees and use the backs an a blanket or two for the roofs. Also with the entertainment center back there it's very easy for them all to lounge around and watch a movie or TV if they want.