Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2022, 07:13 PM   #61

We have the 360 antenna and it gets more channels than our previous tt with a manual rotatable antenna
Shaun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 01:39 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun1 View Post
We have the 360 antenna and it gets more channels than our previous tt with a manual rotatable antenna
Shaun1, Is your TT with the 360 antenna a Jay Feather 25RB?
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 01:46 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp4two View Post
Shaun1, Is your TT with the 360 antenna a Jay Feather 25RB?
Yes it is and we love it. Perfect for us and our 2 pups A 2022 version
Old 04-24-2022, 05:05 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger_Al View Post
Just finished this one up this weekend. Covers the wires and junk we kept on this shelf. I used one of the doors from my earlier fireplace addition mod.
What size and make of fireplace did you use?
Old 04-27-2022, 09:09 AM   #65

Awning Gas Strut Worn Out

Upon getting our 2021 25RB ready for May camping I discovered the right Solera awning arm gas strut was no longer holding up the awning. After fully extending the awning, the arm would slowly drop down.

Still under warranty but I have no time to take trailer to my dealer and wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement. I found a new gas strut, Lippert Components part number 260282 on Amazon. Gas strut will also need two push nut retainers 1/2” inside diameter (ID) x 5/8” outside diameter (OD). YouTube videos show how to replace it.

I may have prematurely worn out the gas strut. See video:

From now on I will pause the awning after extending it 2 feet. I taped a note at the control panel switch as a reminder to do this before extending the awning. I hope this saves another premature replacement.
Old 05-15-2022, 11:26 AM   #66

I have a slide out question. When fully extends does the wood trim inside sit flush with wall all the way around? Ours is flush at the top and part of the side but at the bottom of the sides there is about a 1 to 1 1/2 inch gap. Its like the top is all the way out and the bottom is not.
Old 05-21-2022, 01:55 PM   #67

We had similar head smacking issues during the night. Instead of going smaller, we went bigger and put a 3" memory foam topper (bought at Costco) on top of the mattress. Then we started sleeping with our heads to the front near the door and our feet under the low shelf. Not too hard to get in and out of the bed. Also, the mattress topper helped stop the overhang issue with the factory mattress.
TMullarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 02:04 PM   #68

Gas furnace stopped working?

Not sure why, but we are on a trip now in Yellowstone and went to fire up the heater the other night and nothing. Blower goes on for about 15 seconds, and then system turns off. I am guessing the pilot is not automatically lighting as it should. The owners manual says to turn off the reset button and back on, but I cannot figure out how to get to it since the furnace is pretty well enclosed. I am having no problems with my gas hot water heater, gas fridge or gas stove so I am relatively certain the tanks, regulator, etc are all good. Any ideas?
TMullarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 07:46 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun1 View Post
I have a slide out question. When fully extends does the wood trim inside sit flush with wall all the way around? Ours is flush at the top and part of the side but at the bottom of the sides there is about a 1 to 1 1/2 inch gap. Its like the top is all the way out and the bottom is not.
Our 25RB slide out wood trim on both sides (inside) is flush to the wall from about half-way to the top. The bottom on both sides is about 1/2 inch out from the wall. The top trim it is not flush to the wall across the entire width. There is about a 1 inch gap across the entire width.

I never feel any cold/hot air around the moldings. The outside rubber seals (at the top and sides) seem to do a good job keeping out air and water.
Old 05-22-2022, 07:54 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMullarkey View Post
Not sure why, but we are on a trip now in Yellowstone and went to fire up the heater the other night and nothing. Blower goes on for about 15 seconds, and then system turns off. I am guessing the pilot is not automatically lighting as it should. The owners manual says to turn off the reset button and back on, but I cannot figure out how to get to it since the furnace is pretty well enclosed. I am having no problems with my gas hot water heater, gas fridge or gas stove so I am relatively certain the tanks, regulator, etc are all good. Any ideas?
Are you on full hookups or dry camping in Yellowstone? If dry camping your furnace blower runs on A/C. You would need a generator if not on full hookups to run the furnace blower.
Old 06-08-2022, 03:37 PM   #71

Clear Window in Door?

Hola. I've been thinking of the possibility of swapping out the frosted entrance door window in our 2021, 25RB for clear glass. This is our fourth RV (2 class-Cs and another TT) and the frosted door glass has always been an annoyance. Now, especially in the 25RB since the theater seating faces that wall/door and there is no visual sight line to the outside when the door is closed.

Has anyone done this or had it done successfully? As near as I can tell from my online research, the window frame on the Jayco door isn't compatible with the clear, replacement unit(s) I found on Amazon or Camping World. Specifically, the inside screws described in the window manuals are not present on the Jayco door.

I fully intend to ask my dealer the next time I'm out there, but any insight would be appreciated. Safe travels.
Cookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:14 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiejar View Post
Hola. I've been thinking of the possibility of swapping out the frosted entrance door window in our 2021, 25RB for clear glass. This is our fourth RV (2 class-Cs and another TT) and the frosted door glass has always been an annoyance. Now, especially in the 25RB since the theater seating faces that wall/door and there is no visual sight line to the outside when the door is closed.

Has anyone done this or had it done successfully? As near as I can tell from my online research, the window frame on the Jayco door isn't compatible with the clear, replacement unit(s) I found on Amazon or Camping World. Specifically, the inside screws described in the window manuals are not present on the Jayco door.

I fully intend to ask my dealer the next time I'm out there, but any insight would be appreciated. Safe travels.
Here is an option if you have no luck with a replacement clear glass. We put up a removable tension curtain rod with two dark brown curtain halves covering the window on our 25RB. Also have tie backs for the curtain. Works great to keep the a hot sun out and serve as a cover on cold nights.
Old 06-18-2022, 04:30 PM   #73

Just installed my Camco, screen door cross bar today. Excellent recommendation. Thanks.
Cookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 03:39 PM   #74

We bought a 2022 JAYCO 25RB this year. We had issues with the RV antenna system, the entry steps, a warped entry door that wouldn't latch, the tank sensors, and the door to the refrigerator. During a recent trip it seemed that at every stop my wife found a new mystery screw on the floor or a different piece of failed trip. She stopped using the drawer below the fridge because it would not stay in on the slide. I replaced missing screws on two of the lower metal trim brackets and one on the stabilizer jack. I've owned six JAYCOs over the past 20 years but this one appears to be junk.
charliehemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 08:22 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by StFuz View Post
Well… when I got home my OCD kicked in. Took off the coax faceplate… there were three connections, disconnected the middle one, plugged the outside dish coax to “inside” port then the middle coax to Wally and boom.. it worked. So now I just need to cosmetically make it pretty then work on that shelf or get a better mattress. Shelf removal is free… hmmmmm
We kept the delivered mattress and added this and a down topper. It sleeps so much better now and is much cheaper than the Brooklyn Bedding everyone was pointing us to. Perhaps we go that route eventually but this is a definite improvement.

https://www.campingworld.com/3-gel-m...er-622949.html
nkdenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:36 AM   #76

Bed modification

I extended the bed platform 6 inches by using 2x2 for support and 3/8 plywood cut to fit the end of the bed. We made a bolster from memory foam and added it to the head of the bed and then topped it with a full gueen memory mattress topper. It sleeps a lot better but the lower shelf is a problem. My wife found some stick on corner protector strip which helps to ease the pain but she wants the self removed. It's a fairly solid shelf and I think it may be a significant structural component. I wonder if anyone has removed the lower shelf? Also the closets that extend full length tends to make the head of the bed space restrictive. My other JAYCO has open space below the closets which makes a big difference. I'm looking at modifying the bottom of my 25RB closets. I've ordered a second AC for the bedroom. We really like the overall floor plan but the bedroom is key to comfort, especially for extended trips.
charliehemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:04 PM   #77

We took delivery of our 25RB June 10th, and took our first trip with it the following week. I'm happy to say no issues with the electrical, plumbing, stove or the 8ft/cu refrig. Mechanical all items seem to be working well thus far. Had a small issue with the outside refrig top door support arm not being tightened down.

The Winegard 360 antenna pulled in 22 stations. According to my antenna app we were approximately 51 miles away from the transmitters. Added the screen door cross bar yesterday. Working on adding a slide under the dinette bench seat. Hope to have that completed in the next day or so. I'm hoping our next adventure camping goes this smooth as well.
Sixtyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:07 PM   #78

Dometic fridge venting

I searched and couldn't find anything on this, so I hope this isn't an existing question that I missed, but does anyone know where the fridge vents to? We're having an issue with ours...all power sources are good, no coolant leaks, when running on gas, the burner lights no problem. But, our fridge will not get cold...in fact, it almost seems to produce heat. My thought was that maybe the vent is plugged and it has some sort of safety shut off if it gets too hot. But...I can't figure out where the vent goes? The only vents on the roof are plumbing that I can tell. And the vent on the side seems to only be for the microwave (and no heat comes out when the fridge is running). We're under warranty, but I'm trying to avoid the 30 mile trip to the dealer if I can.
HunnerWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:43 PM   #79

I was told by our Jayco dealer the 8cu/ft 12v refrig is not vented since it doesn’t use gas. Since you have gas as an option I’m assuming you have a 6cu/ft refrig. That is odd you cannot locate a vent. Sorry to hear you’re experiencing a problem. At least it’s under warranty and a new refrig might be in your future.
Sixtyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:03 AM   #80

Our 12volt furrion fridge has an outside vent that looks like its for the gas option.

Shaun
2022 Jayco Jayfeather 25 RB being
Pulled by a 2016 F150 XLT