Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #1

Jay Flight 245 RLS or Jay Feather 23RL Owners

Trying to decide between the two.
I understand the differences in construction but I was curious if any of you actually own one. Likes and dislikes? Quality? How does it tow? Any problems you may have had. I'll be towing with a 1/2 ton Chevy rated at 9000lbs. Never owned a TT, just a pop up.
The Critters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Critters View Post
Trying to decide between the two.
I understand the differences in construction but I was curious if any of you actually own one. Likes and dislikes? Quality? How does it tow? Any problems you may have had. I'll be towing with a 1/2 ton Chevy rated at 9000lbs. Never owned a TT, just a pop up.

I own the 23RL. I like it. Been out in it a couple times so far, everything works fine. Spacious enough for me, the DW and our german shepherd.

When I bought it, I had an 2000 F150 but soon traded up for F350 and have never looked back. I'm using an Equalizer WDH. Between it and the truck's towing features, it tows like a dream and I'm very satisfied.

Hope this helps.

2015 F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 6.2L
2018 Jayco 23RL Travel Trailer
Equal-i-zer Sway Control Hitch
PacNWCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 06:20 PM   #3

I have a 245 RLS and really like the layout. For SWMBO and I it is just right. We added a foam mattress topper and the bed is pretty comfortable. I changed out the shower faucet and will swap out the kitchen faucet also.

I pull it with an F150 with a 5.0 liter V8 and a tow package. I get a little over 11 mpg on the Interstate at 65 mph. It tows just fine.