Jayco RV Owners Forum

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #11
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 1
I have been towing a 25BHS with a 2011 F150 4X4 Ecoboost Screw 3.55 with an Equalizer WDH for a year. In that year we have taken two 800 mile trips and a handful of shorter trips for a total of about 2,500 miles. This is our first TT and when looking for a TV I was only concerned with towing capacity of the TV and GVWR of the TT. I figured that if the GVWR of the TT was less than 80% of the TV towing capacity then I was good. Now that I have found the owners forum, I know that I was not making a fully informed decision.

All that being said, the F150 tows the 25BHS very well and I have never had the feeling that I was overloaded or unsafe. The major factor in the ecoboost decision for me was that I only tow the TT for 15% of the time, a 4,000 pound boat 5%, and not towing anything 80%. I would rather be at the upper limit of weight ratings 15% of the time and try to save some gas dollars for the other 85%. After a full year I can say that I would buy the same combination again.

PaulyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #12
Senior Member
JAMMFAM's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 147
Keep in mind that a supercrew 4x4 can tow a bit more than a 2wd cab.
The 2wd with max towing package has the same GVCW (17100) as a supercrew 4x4 with max towing package as according to Fords charts.

2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3/ 3.73 Tekonsha Primus brake controller
2011 JayFeather Select 29L
Husky Centerline WDH
w/ active anti-sway
JAMMFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #13
Junior Member
geosci's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central MD
Posts: 21
Thanks for all the replies. I used Rustic Eagle's math, and went with PaulyB's reasoning and got the EcoBoost. I LOVE the truck so far. I'll pick up the new trailer on Tuesday. Can't wait to tow with it!
2013 Jay Flight 25BHS
2012 F150 EcoBoost SCrew Max Tow
geosci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #14
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 118
My 2012 ecoboost tows a lot better than my 08 Chevy 6.0 gasser ever did and is the closest thing to my 06 Duramax.
EricRom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #15
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Orange County, N.Y.
Posts: 631
My advice is go for a 3/4 ton truck. As you stated your boys will grow and you may want a larger TT in a few years. I prefer to get a little more truck now and have room for expansion.

Joe, Joyce , 4 Kids and 3 Dogs.
2004 V-10 Excursion with Hellwig sway bar, Roadmaster Active Suspension, Bilstein shocks and steering stabilizer, Super Duty Tow Mirrors,
3.73 Gears, Reese dual cam, Prodigy brake controller.
2010 Jayco Jay Flight G-2 32 BHDS
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.