Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2016, 03:26 PM   #1

Jay Flight 26BH Measurement Help

I just joined this forum and I am very impressed with all the helpful information. I just recently retired and my wife and I are doing lots of homework on purchasing a Jayco TT around Christmas time. Our plan is a few short "learning" trips in the spring with a long trip to Mt Rushmore in the summer. This will be our first time owning an RV. We want to start out carefully (not too big or small) and have a Jay Flight 26BH in-mind. My tow vehicle will be a 2014 Tundra, 4.6L. We are already considering a mod in the double bunk area and it would be very helpful if a 26BH owner could provide a couple of quick measurements from the storage floor space under the double bunkbeds: 1) from the outer wall to the adjoining (bathroom) interior wall... I'm guessing it is somewhere between 45 and 55 inches; 2) from the back of the wooden water heater enclosure to the same interior bathroom wall ... hoping I have at least 30 inches. Thanks in advance! Nice to be here!
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:06 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum javamon! Our floorplan is the same in the bunk area as the 26BH but unfortunately ours is over in the storage lot. If I make it out there tomorrow I'll try to get some numbers for you. We also have the same engine on our TV as your truck. Great set-up for us, I'm sure it will be for you too. Welcome again and have fun!
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:23 PM   #3

Thank you very much. Nice to know about the 4.6L. I was quite surprised at the towing weight difference between the 4.6L and the 5.7L. Must be a torque issue. Have a Happy 4th
Old 07-02-2016, 07:38 PM   #4

Hi! I have a 2016 26BH and pull it with a 2012 Tundra 4.6! Does very well.

I just took some measurements for you.

#1 is 49" to inside of the outside wall.
#2 is 32"

Happy 4th!

Duke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 04:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_26 View Post
Hi! I have a 2016 26BH and pull it with a 2012 Tundra 4.6! Does very well.

I just took some measurements for you.

#1 is 49" to inside of the outside wall.
#2 is 32"

Happy 4th!

Duke

Also just wanted to mention that the optional outside mini fridge under the bunk area takes up the right half of the opening from the outside, if you haven't seen that yet.

Forgot to ask in my last post, what kind of mod are you planning for the bunk area? Are you taking out the bunks and putting in a laundry area?

We love to see pictures of mods around here, so don't forget to take some and post when you do it [emoji4]

We are on our 5th camping trip with our new 26BH this weekend/week (in Old Orchard Beach, Maine) and are loving every bit of it. It does seem to be the perfect size, even for our family of 4. Not too big, not too small and tows great.

All the best with your purchase and future mods!

Duke

Old 07-03-2016, 08:34 AM   #6

Thanks very much! I see you got a very early start this morning. Yes, I am planning on a washer/dryer mod and the measurements are good news. At the very worst, the bunkbeds will be history. At the very best, the bunkbeds (modified) will remain in-place, but only be approx. 25" wide. The mini-fridge will not be an issue from a height issue because it works now with the lower bunk. If it is too deep, then it's coming out and will end up on eBay or Craig's List. The washer/dryer I have in-mind is a Kenmore 81422 compact where the washer and dryer both run on 120 VAC, a must if I want to avoid any major electrical upgrade if possible. The plan is to place it against the back wall and the adjoining bathroom wall. I will have the water lines and drain valves (winterizing valves) to contend with, but these can be boxed-in (not really necessary) which means the W/D will actually be out several inches from the back wall. And with the water lines exposed against the back wall, should be a cinch to tap-into. I plan installing the dryer vent straight out the back. Not sure on the specifics for the drain yet. The total weight of the unit with a full load will be around 370 lbs. The unit is 24" wide X 27" inches deep so the weight will be distributed well. Plan on visiting a local RV collision repair shop next week to see how much the mod would cost. Actually I may do a lot of the work myself. The plan is when the TT is delivered (Jan 2017 timeframe), it's heading to the mod shop the next day. As this gets moving, I will definitely start a thread and provide info/pictures/parts list, etc. Thanks again for the help...have a Happy 4th!
Old 07-03-2016, 09:03 AM   #7

No problem at all. Glad to help. Sounds good with your plan. I can see where a W/D unit would definately be useful.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:26 AM   #8

Washer and Dryer

Good Morning! I live full time in a 2017 North Point rear living/bunkhouse 5th wheel. The unit says is it will take a stack able W/D. I was wondering if anybody has added them to their 5th wheel. If so, can you please let me know what kind you purchased. TIA MollyB2017
MollyB2017 is offline   Reply With Quote