Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2014, 12:00 AM   #11

I do not think the Whitehawk's bunks are bigger than the 28BHBE either..... it's almost exactly the same layout, as noted. We went with 28BHBE but in part that was due to pricing. I will say however that I have small kids (5yo, 2yo and 1yo) and I actually LOVE the shower. I managed to put all of them in and still get in there to bathe them; I just had the small ones sit down like it was a tub. I love the giant shower so much.

kodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:36 AM   #12
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodes View Post
I do not think the Whitehawk's bunks are bigger than the 28BHBE either.....
the bunks in the whitehawk are 6 inches wider. that is why the bathroom is smaller

nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:53 AM   #13

Ah, I get it! I honestly didn't notice a difference in "feel" when I climbed into both. Interesting!
Old 09-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #14

The other thing i like about the 28BHBE is that the slide has windows on the short sides, not just the long sides. They don't open but it's nice to have more natural light.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
the bunks in the whitehawk are 6 inches wider. that is why the bathroom is smaller
True, but, speaking from experience, that bigger bathroom is worth every inch. We use our shower at least every night when we're out and it's absolutely wonderful to have PLENTY of room in the shower stall.

Also, the WH bunks are 6" shorter (74" as opposed to 80") And I can tell you that I'm 5'10" and my feet hang off the end of the 74" short queen bed up front, I would have to curl up, sleep diagonally, or let my feet hang out of/off the end if I were sleeping in the bunks in the WH. My brother and his DW slept in the bottom bunk of our 28 BHBE one night and there were no complaints, but that could be just because they were glad not to be outside on the ground...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodes View Post
The other thing i like about the 28BHBE is that the slide has windows on the short sides, not just the long sides. They don't open but it's nice to have more natural light.
+1 This is actually a big benefit IMHO. It doesn't seem like much, but they do let in a lot of light. And there's the added benefit of the increased view. They're nice to have.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote