Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #1

Smile Jay Flight 29rlds

Hi all,
New here and glad to be a prospective new Jayco family member. We are looking at the Jay Flight 29rlds and would like feed back from those that have this unit and likes /dis-likes. Prices are all over the board but the " factory wholesale dealers direct rout" seem to have the best prices
for negotiating with the local dealers. Look forward to posting more .

Thanks again, Doug
tshirtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #2

I don't have that model Jay Flight, but would like to welcome to the JOF Doug. Have you checked the JOF link at the bottom of my signi? Happy shopping
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #3

Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #4

We have a 2012 29 rlds..So far we love it. I think the one thing that bugged me (but easy fix) was all the light that the windows and door let in in the a.m in the bedroom....nothing a little few pieces of a blackout curtain tucked up under the valance won't fix....it's nice and dark in there now! Loved the pantry but it seems to get so much heat off the fridge I don't keep much food in there. Mostly supplies and dishes etc...The outdoor speakers sound horrible but we just haven't taken it back to get looked at yet..With any trailer you will find some must do improvements which is half the fun of making it home-y. I can't wait till easter weekend here in Michigan..The beginning of our camping season! Good luck in your trailer and let us know what ya decide!
huskerdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #5

We have an early 2012 29RLDS and absolutley love it. coming from a truck camper for 10 years, it's like living in a castle. We have not had one problem with this unit in the 1 1/2 years that we have had it. Added an inverter for boondocking and a solar curtain for the back window to block summer sun as needed. Love the bathroom, will get over the bedroom.
mtworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #6

I have a 2013 29rlds model and it has no window in the bedroom door which helps to keep it dark, I got it in July. We used it 4 or 5 times before the end of last years season, I can't wait for this year to get out again

L
firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #7

Thanks for all the reply's. Keep them comming

Hey firefighter-- What options did you get and what did you end up paying for your coach?
I'm trying to get at least 30% off msrp but many of the dealers out west have big heads and tight pockets.

thx
Old 03-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #8

Tshirtman

35900. I have seen it online much cheaper, has the ladder, table and Chairs (would of like the bench seating, more sleeping room if needed), We love it, I can't wait to hit the road again.

L
firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #9

I bought my 2012 29RLDS back in July. love it. I had a couple issues with it but the dealer took care of them. The shower leaked from under the door, the drawer on the bottom of the couch was missing the strap to hold it in, the pull handle for the black tank drain broke and one of the shades would not go up. We have had it out aabout 6 times and it's great. I paaid alittle over $20,000 new from a dealer here in So Cal. it was a floor model so I got a good deaal on it. On the 2013 model jayco put a door under the TV to hide alll the cables and a cabinet on the left side of the TV that goes from floor to roof,

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #10

Is your tow vehicle a Pathfinder or an Armada
Vent-air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #11

Smile Love our 29RLDS

We had an RV Supercenter in Michigan bring up our trailer that we bought in December to the Canadian border and then met them there and brought it home. We paid $21,900. Ours has the technology package, the insulation package, and the customer packages 1 and 2. It's loaded and we love it. I don't find that the pantry gets hot at all. I wonder if it is because of the extra insulation around our bigger fridge. We are coming from a Jayco 1006 popup (1991), which we were very happy with. I must say being able to shower and use the washroom on site is nice as is the ability to come in out of the heat. We camp for 9 weeks straight at an electrical site. We just camped for a week at a full service to learn our plumbing and tank capacities.
Jeepgirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #12

We are looking at an 29rlds but have concerns about the 13000 ac in it. We live in VA. Does anyone have this ac unit in it for advice?

Thanks!
eggs454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:17 PM   #13

From VENTAIR

Is your tow vehicle a Pathfinder or an Armada

Armada. it tows 9100 lbs and haven't had any trouble towing the trailer. I only carry a few gallons of fresh water so I really don't put a lot of stuff in the trailer to add to the weight. I did add Firestone air bags to the rear coil springs and that really helps
A few have said the pantry gets warm from the refrig, I haven't noticed that at all

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote