Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #1

Jay Flight 33RLDS

Was wondering if anyone has some comments on the Jayco Jay Flight Trailers. Are you satisfied with the aluminum sides? How about the noise level inside and insulation qualities??
Many thanks,
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #2

Re: Jay Flight 33RLDS

We have a 2011 model year and so far all is good. My list of upgrades for it would be a light switch in the bedroom and a third set of jacks installed near the door to reduce the movement when climving the steps. We now have ours parjed seasonally so that is no longer an issue lol. Other than that all is good . enjoy

2011 Ford F150 S/Crew Ecoboost HD
2012 Jayco 33RLDS
2013 Four winns h180 ss
RaveOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #3

Although not a 33RLDS, we have a Jay Flight that's three and half years old.

We are good about checking window/roof caulking, etc, at least twice a year, and 'Dicoring' where need be on the roof. We keep the aluminum exterior washed twice a year and waxed once a year (we're told it still looks new when it's clean).

We don't have dual paned windows, so can hear conversations outside (can't really make out what's being said unless the person is talking really loud), but don't notice it if tv or radio is on.

Insulation seems to keep the tt kewl when it's warm, but not warm when it's cold (not sure if that makes sense but when traveling through heat of day, our tt doesn't seem to heat up if the doors stays closed, however, when it's cold outside, the tt is also cold inside).

Do you have specific questions? Ask away. There are many Jay FLight owners active in this forum
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #4

We just got ours a few weeks ago. Been snowing alot so have not done much with it. Ours has the hood and vent above the stove. It kinda makes the counter area behind the burners useless but I guess we would rather have the vent to the outside.
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #5
Site Team

Well satisfied with mine after 3 1/2 years. Never had a problem heating or cooling it. Aluminum sides clean up easy if kept waxed. Jayflights are not Eagles but are a good all around value in a trailer. You can also order them now with the thermal package which should add some additional R values and comfort.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #6

We have had ours for about 9 months and have been very happy with our purchase so far. As mentioned earlier, the AC had no problems keeping it cool inside during the hot Carolina summer. We took four trips last summer while the kids were out of school and used up all my vacation so we have not camped much since then (except at Camp Backyard).
Power247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #7

I finally got some time to check out our new 33RLDS and made a few changes. The video cable form the radio/dvd player was to short and made swiveling the tv to the right impossible without stretching the cables. Replaced with a longer one. Also felt and heard to much water pump noise with the mount location. Moved it to the floor and much quieter. Now just have to deal with a few other problems before our first trip...
Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #8

Had our 33rlds for 27 months. Problems, brake spring broke, changed out the thermostat to digital, air conditioner replaced, there was also a bad window, dealer replaced besides those problems we love the trailer. I wash and wax the outside twice a year, including the roof. This trailer is everything the wife and I wanted and it serves our purpose great. When we get back from a trip I make sure that the trailer is restocked, everything is clean inside, and if dirty clean the outside, if something needs fixed I fix it or turn it back to the dealer for fixing. All inalll I don't think we will be going to any other manufacter.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #9

We just got ours and have not camped a day yet. We traded in our first camper, a hybrid, after a couple of season. The hybrid was nice but the tents proved to be to much a hassle for us and the noise of fellow campers when camping at some parks was a deal breaker. We like the bathroom next to our bedroom and of course the living space the 2 slides give you. We hope to have it for a while.