Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-20-2015, 08:30 AM   #1

Jay Flight 38FDDS

Hi Folks, New member here from central Massachusetts.
I'm in the process of upgrading my 2005 Sunnybrook Solanta 3310 for a newer model. I'm looking at the Jay Flight 38FDDS. Dealers are limited in the new england area and the only dealer in MA does not have a 38FDDS on the lot, so I'd have to order it. Other manufacturers I've looked include the Keystone Springdale 38FL (more like the 38FDDS) and the Crossroads Zinger 39DB (2 queen BR). I was not impressed with the quality of either one compared to my Sunnybrook. From the videos I've seen online, the Jay Flight appears to be a very solid unit.

The trailer will be permanently parked at a seasonal site in Cape Code, so I won't be moving it around. I'm traveling to Florida next week and I did find a dealer down there that has a 38FDDS in stock. I plan on stopping by to check it out.

I plan on ordering the elite and thermal packages. I'm on the fence regarding the fiberglass exterior.

If possible, I'd like to hear some feedback from current 38FDDS owners.

Thanks in advance! jloco
jloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:44 PM   #2

UPDATE:

Hi Folks,
While in Orlando last week, I got a first hand look at a new 38FDDS. It looked pretty good as far as fit and finish goes. I really liked fiberglass exterior. It is BIG!! Wow!
I just wish I could get some feedback by owners of this particular model.

I figure I still have some time to poke around for reviews before ordering.
They told me 8 weeks. Does that sound right? How long have folks on here waited for an ordered unit?
Old 11-05-2015, 07:56 PM   #3

We ordered our Jay Flight 26BH with all the options on 9/14/15. We were also told 6-8 weeks. The RV dealership told me that the unit was released for shipping earlier this week. So I suspect it should be here any day now.
2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_26 View Post
We ordered our Jay Flight 26BH with all the options on 9/14/15. We were also told 6-8 weeks. The RV dealership told me that the unit was released for shipping earlier this week. So I suspect it should be here any day now.
That's good to know Duke. Thanks!