Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-05-2020, 10:53 AM   #1

Jay Flight SLX 7 184BS Measurements

Hello,

We're looking at the Jay Flight SLX 7 184BS to upgrade our beloved pop-up camper and to be towed by our Toyota 4Runner V6. One thing I cannot find information on are various measurements. Since the closest trailer for sale is at least 1-2 hours away I kinda want to verify measurements before traveling to look.

If you have one or know where this information is found (I've searched Jayco.com, manuals, brochures, listings, etc, etc) please let me know. I'm looking for actual size of the bunk beds (width x length), the dinette and the "queen" bed (width x length). We've seen some bunks as narrow and short as 26x68" which will not work for us (son is 6' tall) and some "queen" beds are actually 54" wide (which is actually a full size bed, not queen). This is why I want to know ACTUAL measurements.

We've seen a Forest River (similar floor plan) that has bunks 30x73 and queen bed 60x78 which works, but is also 4900 GVWR (near our max tow capacity). Hence, we like the lighter SLX7 at 4200 GVWR for our V6 4Runner, but the beds need to work!

Thanks in advance.
4runnercamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:52 AM   #2

Most of what you are looking for is in the link below. What isn't there is the size of the dinette used as a bed. From my experience it will be smaller than a double, bigger than a twin size.

https://www.jayco.com/products/trave...t-slx-7/184bs/
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Most of what you are looking for is in the link below. What isn't there is the size of the dinette used as a bed. From my experience it will be smaller than a double, bigger than a twin size.

https://www.jayco.com/products/trave...t-slx-7/184bs/
Thanks. I'm not sure how I missed that. . .
Old 10-06-2020, 07:30 AM   #4

I have the Baja version of this trailer, let me know if you need a particular measurement.

Queen bed is a regular queen size, twin bunks are a little narrow but nice and long, dinette bed seems short and wide (as wide as a full) but I can measure that for you if you like.
omgjoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgjoz View Post
I have the Baja version of this trailer, let me know if you need a particular measurement.

Queen bed is a regular queen size, twin bunks are a little narrow but nice and long, dinette bed seems short and wide (as wide as a full) but I can measure that for you if you like.
Thanks! If you could let me know the size of the dinette that would be helpful. We like to sit 4 adult-sized people at the table for meals and games and so having a decent sized dinette is also important.

Thank you.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:26 AM   #6

We have the 195 and the dinette seats are three feet wide. Probably not suited to four adults. Two and two kids maybe. The good news for you is with the slide you can put a chair or two on the end. The table and seat themselves seem to be the same dimensions. Ie not big. Bring a little folding table and chairs and you are all set.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnercamper View Post
Thanks! If you could let me know the size of the dinette that would be helpful. We like to sit 4 adult-sized people at the table for meals and games and so having a decent sized dinette is also important.

Thank you.

The dinette seat cushions on the 184bs are 45” wide, I’m 6’1 175lbs and my wife is 5’10 and slim, and we sit comfortably on the same side. If you are any bigger than that you may be a little cramped. The dinette slide is the reason we went with the 184bs over the 174bh. I couldn’t stand the low ceiling and tiny dinette on the 174bh.

The twin bunks are 30x76”
Again, I’m 6”1 and I sleep on the bottom one from time to time, comfortably.

Queen bed is 60x80” (the mattress is awful, either replace it or get a nice topper)

Hope that helps! Good luck! We looked at the 174bh in person and took a gamble on the 184bs, had to drive 3 hours one way to pick it up and glad that we did! Granted our kids are 5 and 2 years old, it fits us perfectly. If 4 adults are looking to be inside the trailer all the time, it could feel cramped. Otherwise it’s a great 3 season trailer for four adults that tend to hangout outside at the camp or doing things.
omgjoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:18 PM   #8

Quote:
The dinette seat cushions on the 184bs are 45” wide, I’m 6’1 175lbs and my wife is 5’10 and slim, and we sit comfortably on the same side. If you are any bigger than that you may be a little cramped. The dinette slide is the reason we went with the 184bs over the 174bh. I couldn’t stand the low ceiling and tiny dinette on the 174bh.

Queen bed is 60x80” (the mattress is awful, either replace it or get a nice topper)

Hope that helps! Good luck! We looked at the 174bh in person and took a gamble on the 184bs, had to drive 3 hours one way to pick it up and glad that we did! Granted our kids are 5 and 2 years old, it fits us perfectly. If 4 adults are looking to be inside the trailer all the time, it could feel cramped. Otherwise it’s a great 3 season trailer for four adults that tend to hangout outside at the camp or doing things.
Just the information I was looking for, thank you!
Old 03-01-2021, 11:01 AM   #9

Quote:

Hello, I know this is an old post but was wondering if omgjoz could help with a question? We just purchased a 184bs (pick up in a week) and getting ready for a trip, what is the height of the bunk beds? We have 3 (5, 3 and almost 2 yrs), trying to decide to make them work as is or try to modify in some way for 3. Do you have any tips for sleeping or storage for the little ones? since you have 2 little ones I'd thought I would ask.... This is our first rv. Thank you.
KrisLann is offline   Reply With Quote