Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2019, 01:36 PM   #1

Jay Flight SLX 8 reviews?

Trying to decide on upgrade. Looking at 224BH, 264BH, 298BH. I find lots of dealer info reviews and videos, but none from owners actually camping in them. any pros, cons, likes and dislikes would be great. I like the size of the 298, the bathroom in 224, and the price of the 264. I just want an honest review, from and owner, not someone trying to sell them. Thank you!
gomerag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:42 PM   #2

We had a 264 bh and loved it. After two years decided that we needed more room and more storage. Upgraded to a 267bh with slide. We love the 267bh. Plenty of room and storage for just a little more money. You may want to consider the room and storage in your decision.
aceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:25 AM   #3

I really like my 245RLS. Huge shower, rear living room with slide. It's easy to tow and just not too big. If I had kids I might want something larger, but it's the perfect size for us.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:15 AM   #4

We have a 2017 284bhsw SLX we have spent over 60 nights in it in 2 years and still love it ! While there are a few things we would change overall we are very happy with it.

2017 Jay Flight 284 BHSW SLX
2014 F150 XLT 4x4 quad cab
2018 Ford F150 XLT Sport 4x4
2020 Ford F-150 Ltd Sport max tow
equalizer wd/sway
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:27 AM   #5

we love our 224bh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomerag View Post
Trying to decide on upgrade. Looking at 224BH, 264BH, 298BH. I find lots of dealer info reviews and videos, but none from owners actually camping in them. any pros, cons, likes and dislikes would be great. I like the size of the 298, the bathroom in 224, and the price of the 264. I just want an honest review, from and owner, not someone trying to sell them. Thank you!
We are about to set out for our second year with the 224BH. If you look at my post history you will see a more detailed review. We LOVE it. We stayed away from the 264 BH because we didn't value the couch, the extra weight.

With three kids the bunks are big enough that they have had friends stay over, also the dinette stays as a bed. We have extra pillows for the queen bed which becomes a couch on bad weather days. Storage for days in this unit. We don't use the shower inside, so that becomes our chest of drawers (2 wide 3 draw units stacked) for kids clothes and towels, dirty laundry bag, etc. As mentioned, had 8 sleeping in it and no issues. Have 2 - 10 year olds and a 5 year old and not fighting, never feel on top of each other. Last year I was on crutches and could move around inside fine. Trailer easy to set up for my wife though she is happy I will do it tonight. We travel with 3 kayaks inside trailer plenty of room on the floor.

If you have any specific questions fire away. We have a friend with the 30ft model with slide and they love it too. We like no slide, its wide enough, and light to tow with SUV or 1/2 truck with no issues (although we tow with 2500)
itsaJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:30 AM   #6

I have a 264BHW and it has been a pretty good unit overall. We are in our 4th year of camping with it. It tows easy and seems to be holding up well.

For me the cons are the bathroom size and the sink outside the bathroom. The main living area is a bit cramped. I would like one with a slide and a bit bigger bathroom. That really would be the only thing I would change about mine.

We are a family of 4 if that gives you some insight.
Jflyboym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:01 AM   #7
Ace

264BH - if you want a no-slide camper with all the stuff this one has, this is the only thing you should buy. The sofa was a MUST for me - that's where i have my morning coffee, and where the dog sleeps. I don't need the bunks most of the time, and even then just one, but they offer a TON of flexibility and a lot of storage in the rear to keep the tongue weight down. The ONLY and I mean ONLY drawback I've found is that the "hallway" is narrow and you really can't have 2 people pass each other, so there's a little coordination. I think this one is really perfect for a couple with a dog who has the occasional guests. The low weight, even with the heavy plywood construction and perfect 'under 30' length' lets this unit do a lot of things with a lot of tow vehicles that are limited on payload.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 03:17 PM   #8

What are the dimensions of the double bunks? 224bh
gomerag is offline   Reply With Quote