Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-05-2018, 02:23 PM   #1

Jay flight slx267 bhs

We are looking to purchase our first travel trailer. Like the Jay flight xls267 bhs, then saw online a Jay flight slx267 bhsw online. What is the difference between the two? Thanks for all your help. I love this forum.
Dodgerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:55 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and happy trailer shopping.

Does the information on the Jayco site leave out information you want/need?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:40 PM   #3

The specs seem the same for both.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:33 PM   #4

Should be the same camper, possibly different year model? Mine is a 2017 Jayflight SLX 267bhsw. The W denoted Wide, for 8ft wide. They have since been renamed to Jayflight SLX 8 267bhs. No W on the end but has an 8 after the SLX. I hope that helps! We love our 267bhs. It is the perfect floor plan for our family of 5, plus 2 others that accompany us on occasion. It also tows pretty well behind our 2010 F-150 5.4L. I wouldn't want anything bigger without a 3/4 ton.
sasiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:34 PM   #5

The 267BHSW is the "Western" version. It has 500 lbs more gross vehicle weight rating capacity. I have the 2018 model year, and when I was looking around and pricing models, the BHS could be found cheaper back east, and I think I recall that the western version had some additional options available that you can't get on the BHS models. It might have been the Thermal Package and heated and enclosed underbelly, but I don't remember for sure on that. Anyway, I think you could research the differences at the Jayco site by clicking on a western state on the selection tool's map to see what options you can get on the BHSW, and then run it again clicking on an eastern state. Hope this helps.
GL243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:50 AM   #6

Thanks for the information, I used Colorado in my search on the Jayco site
Old 11-07-2018, 04:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasiki View Post
The W denoted Wide, for 8ft wide. They have since been renamed to Jayflight SLX 8 267bhs. No W on the end but has an 8 after the SLX.

This was also my understanding when I purchased mine in early 2017, based on what the sales person explained.
K2tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2tiger View Post
This was also my understanding when I purchased mine in early 2017, based on what the sales person explained.
Interesting. That's not what several RV wholesalers and dealerships told me when I was trying to figure out this same question, i.e., they said it was for "western". And the current Jayco site shows both versions are still available depending on whether you're looking to buy in a western vs. an eastern state. Both the BHS and BHSW versions are 8 feet wide, so width did not appear to be a distinction. With the BHSW version having 500 lbs more gross weight capacity, I have presumed it must have higher rated axles at least, but didn't check into that.

Just found this, after checking out of curiosity:

"Jayco, for example, offers a Jay Flight – Jay Flight SLX 8 – and a Jay Flight SLX 7. These three trailer lines combine to offer 27 floor plans, a Customer Value Package – Elite Package - Baja Edition - and a Rocky Mountain Edition giving us by my math roughly eighty-five bazillion different configurations. My math may be a bit fuzzy but you understand what I mean. The Jay Flight SLX is a lighter weight version of the Jay Flight and the 7 or 8 tell us the vehicles width in feet. So if we see a Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 212QBW, you have a 21-foot living quarter light weight Jay Flight that is 8-feet wide and has a queen bed (the W stands for Western edition and means the unit was built in Idaho)."
Old 12-18-2018, 10:17 PM   #9

Dodgerod did you make the purchase? I’m going to pick up my 2019 Jay Flight SLX 267BHSW at the end of the week. Please let us know what’s up.

2018 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.4L
TonyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:10 AM   #10

When we bought our 154bh it was listed on the dealers website as 'western edition' but I couldn't find any mention of a western edition on the Jayco website. I thought maybe it had some unique option(s) or possibly a different paint job/interior color scheme...?

When we went to buy it I asked and the salesman said it just means that the trailer was built in Idaho but was otherwise the same as any non-western-edition would be.
Jc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:26 AM   #11

That is my understanding. They build the Jay Flight Series out of Twin Falls for the Western US and Western Canada. I’m pretty sure they are exactly the same except Idaho can give you a few more options. I’m not positive, but just playing around on the Jayco website during these last few months it looks like Rocky Mountain, Baja, and Thermal options are not available from Indiana on the Jay Flight Series.

2018 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.4L
TonyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:45 PM   #12

We purchased the 267BHS. Like the floorplan and build of the trailer. The only difference from the BHSW was it had a TV. So for the money difference it was a no brainer.
Old 12-21-2018, 06:12 AM   #13

We have the 267BHSW. We were told the code was
BH = bunkhouse (although, I'm not sure 2 bunks constitutes a bunkhouse)
S = Slide
W = Wide (as there was a 7' or 8' width as offered that year
That said, we like our TT. We went to an RV show and looked at a mind-numbing number of Mfrs/ floor plans and kept coming back to the 267BHSW (both literally and figuratively).
After 2 years of RVing, we're still pleased with it.
We dragged it 1000 miles to disney and camped in it with 2 grandgirls last fall. Almost worth the price right there.
deewaltguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:07 AM   #14

Again, in case it might matter to someone considering this model who has some tight numbers to stay under for towing capacity and GCWR, the BHSW western series has 500 lbs more cargo capacity than the BHS. You can verify this by pulling up the specs for each version on the Jayco web site. And again, both versions are 8 feet wide, so I think the dealers or sales people who say the "W" is for "wide" are mistaken.