Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2020, 01:43 AM   #1

Jay Flight slx8 224bh Bed Size

Hello!

We are new to the world of travel trailers - we just purchased out new Jay Flight SLX8 224BH model and are waiting for it to arrive on the dealer lot - we are super excited!

One thing I have been wondering is about the size of the queen bed inside this particular model - does anyone know if it is a residential queen or a camp queen? I'm having a hard time finding any information on the dimensions of the bed, so I thought I would ask here.

Also, do the mattrssses that come with these models (I believe ours is a Serta) okay for those with bad backs? I have degenerative disc disease and my home mattress is an incredibly firm one. I'm wondering if I will need to replace it with a new mattress right off the bat.

Thanks so much!
frozenromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 05:01 AM   #2

Most of the beds appear to be "Camper" sizes.... slightly smaller than regular domestic sizes. This makes it very awkward, or expensive, to buy bedding that fits, or replacement mattresses.

Our 19XUD is a hybrid, which adds the complication that mattresses have to fold up, so a sprung mattress is not an option.

We recently got some custom-made to fit. A costly process, but at least we could choose the density/firmness, and get rid of the nasty "Teddy Bear" ones that were original equipment. (I'm like you, I prefer a very firm mattress, but the Lady From Little Rock is more into "drowning in marshmallow")

Nothing worse than getting up more tired than you started, so I'd recommend that you bite the bullet and get a mattress that works for you, right away.
We spent far too long fooling with foam toppers and air beds and not sleeping well, when we should have got the custom replacements right away.

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:28 PM   #3

I just looked at Jayco’s website. Our model states it has a 80 inch Queen bed, your model does not say anything. That leads me to believe that you will be getting a “short queen” mattress. Why not email Jayco? I have never done it, but from what I have read here, the company is very responsive. As to how firm our mattress is, I think it is made of concrete! We put a topper on and it works great! Ours is a Sealy also. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
224bh, bed, slx8