Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #1

Jayco 184 bh question

Well I went to myrtle beach and half way through our trip we traded our 1006 pop up for a 2014 184 bh. Perfect size for our family and tow vehicle. A 2012 jeep liberty. it does good, not great but not bad. We love a lot of the features it has but My question is it only has jacks in the rear and the front only has the crank. Should I try to get 2 more stabilizer jack for the front or is this normal and un nessasary. Thanks
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #2

Congratulations!

Our 154BH is now rock solid since we started using aluminum jackstands. We have the best results placing them under the main frame about (3) feet in front of the axle.

I chose them over additional BAL stab jacks because I didn't know if they would work (they do - well worth your money).... and they are a fraction of the cost and weight.
Attached Thumbnails
$(KGrHqRHJFUFBh)GQSEsBQjPm7egng~~60_12.jpg  
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #3

I bought something like these when I had my small trailer. They worked great. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000V9...&robot_redir=1
TakeItEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:16 PM   #4

agree w/threebuthchers...go to wally world...less $$ and are the same quality and manufacturer as dealers have...three reasons I use them instead of permanent aftermarket
are, no screw tapping the frame, one less thing to get hung up or dragged on an already low frame trailer, and three which wasn't/isn't an issue, cost...no installation fee and less expensive...congratulations on your purchase of the 184bh...it's a nice unit...
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #5

We also did the 2 aluminum Jack stands. Keep a few blocks of 4x4s to reduce the length the Jack screw is out to reduce wobble.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBL 1206 View Post
agree w/threebuthchers...go to wally world...less $$ and are the same quality and manufacturer as dealers have...three reasons I use them instead of permanent aftermarket
are, no screw tapping the frame, one less thing to get hung up or dragged on an already low frame trailer, and three which wasn't/isn't an issue, cost...no installation fee and less expensive...congratulations on your purchase of the 184bh...it's a nice unit...
Thanks, we really like it. We traded it half way through our week at myrtle beach. Seems like a good unit. Anything to look out for, pro's con's. Im happy.I really liked the pop up for short weekends but this will sure be nicer for cold spring fall camping
Old 06-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #7

Well....I just started a "community" here for Jayflight SLX Owners....

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/group.php?groupid=37

I don't know if it will go anywhere...but by design it could be a place we could discuss the likes and challenges of our specific breed.

Join in....See ya around the campfire
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:33 PM   #8

Congratulations on your new trailer! My first trailer was an 18-footer (SOB) and only had rear stab jacks. At the time, it seemed fairly stable. Now that I have the Eagle - with front & rear stab jacks - the difference is night and day! Butchers' recommendation seems like a good investment to me.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
Congratulations on your new trailer! My first trailer was an 18-footer (SOB) and only had rear stab jacks. At the time, it seemed fairly stable. Now that I have the Eagle - with front & rear stab jacks - the difference is night and day! Butchers' recommendation seems like a good investment to me.
Thanks bud, We had a pop up and this seems awesome for what we do. I'm gonna check out harbor freight and see what they have.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
Thanks, we really like it. We traded it half way through our week at myrtle beach. Seems like a good unit. Anything to look out for, pro's con's. Im happy.I really liked the pop up for short weekends but this will sure be nicer for cold spring fall camping
No not really, it's pretty much a friendly user unit...always a possibility of some quirk or annoyance, but we've had our two yrs and nothing build issue to complain about...as you can see from my handle, we went from a jayco 1206 to the 184bh...we thought we were done rving and sold our 5th wheel after 8 seasons....not, we bought new a 2k10 1206 and in 2k11 we traded it for a 2012 bh184...the 1206 was very nice but just too much effort and inconvenient.
again, the 184bh is a sound unit. I suspect you will find it to be so and get many hrs of happiness from it...always a few mods to be done for personal conveniences but that's a given...Enjoy!!!!
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:01 AM   #11

Had a 184BH as our first TT for 4 years and loved it. Recently upgraded to a 284BHBE and while the extra room is great, I miss the little 184 for how easy is was to use. But when the Dear Wife says "I want more room".....