Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2016, 05:36 PM   #1

Jayco 1997 262 fk eagle break drum kit

Ok I have searched the Net with no luck, and some sites online showing wiper blades for my camper. Yeah wiper blades. Lmao. Can someone please tell me where I can get the hardware to rebuild my breaks on my Jayco 1997 262 fk eagle travel trailer?

Thanks in advance.
Todd
toddbmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:47 PM   #2

I've used etrailer and trailerpartssuperstore for various things with great success. You will need to figure out what axle you have and what size brakes it is equipped with. There should be a tag on the axle that gives mfr info, though it may have fallen off long ago. Another option would be to contact Jayco with your VIN. They should be able to look up a record of the trailer build. With that size trailer I would expect it to be a 10" brake, but 12" may possibly be on there. I would be shocked if it was smaller than a 10. Could always pull a backing plate and take it a dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jenoble99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:59 PM   #3

I did a total rebuild of my brakes and bearings using etrailer.com. Had some bearings damaged in shipping replaced quickly. Great customer service. However they could pack things better when shipping. Along with the damaged bearings, the springs and other parts on the brake assemblies on their backer plates were bounced all out of position. I had align the brake assembly parts before I attached them to the axles. Still, I recommend them.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote