Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2016, 06:13 PM   #1

Jayco 26 BH Optional Fiberglass Sides - Longevity??

Hi all,

Looking to order a 26 BH in the near future and can't decide whether to go with the aluminum or fiberglass option. I've read that the fiberglass sided 26BH is NOT vacuum bonded, but is pinch rolled. I've read everywhere that vacuum bonding is far superior. Are there any fiberglass 26BH owners out there who want to comment on their longevity? Has anyone had delamination issues? Thanks.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:28 PM   #2

See thread below for my journey through the same dilemma. Had a Jayco Rep actually send me some information out of a Powerpoint with photos on how they build the fiberglass sides for the JayFlights… in the end I decided to go with Aluminum and have been very happy so far.

They are not Vacuum Bonded over an Aluminum Frame like the JayFeathers (I had one previously). The fiberglass is pinched rolled with glue to a thin piece of luan then Glued to the wood studs.

As you will see in my thread there are a lot of views on this subject and they are all good and I appreciated all the feedback from everyone.

If you are interested in the Info I was sent, PM me and I can send it to you.

JayFlight Fiberglass Sides
MIFL19H is offline   Reply With Quote