Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-29-2018, 03:40 AM   #1

Jayco 264bh----- anybody???

Hi,
Currently, my son & I, and big dogs (GSD, Rotty & Maltese) are traveling in a very cozy--but quite efficient-- Sport165! It has everything we need!!
Except for space!!

I really like the 264bh floorplan. *Seems like lot of space*
The kiddo & the dogs get the bunks, I get the front "bedroom"!
& Love that it still has sofa & dinette!! I know many don't like dinettes but we do!! We really don't have much of a table or seating now, so this looks especially awesome!! We play a lot of board games etc & he has school. We Do need a dedicated table!! (Yes, I make him do HW even on road trips!!

This trailer is at the top of my SUVs towing capacity (6500#), and im wondering, can I really back up such a long Trailer??

Moving on, I tried to do a forum search for this model 264bh, to read people's opinions etc, but the search feature is not working for me.

So---
What can anyone tell me about the 264bh?
*I'm looking at the one w/o the slide, for weight factor.

Pros?
Cons?
How is the Quality holding up to demands of a family?
How is the layout working out?
Adequate food storage?? Room for clothing?
How does it tow? Oh, Guess that depends on the rig...
Has anyone installed a backup camera??
Has anyone attached a bike rack?
Room to store a small inverter generator?
Does it retain heat well? Or block out heat, as the case might be, depending on season?? (We mostly Boondock on BLM or NFS)

Anyways, thank you for thoughts & opinions!!!
Oh!!!! I forgot--- I really like this years new model 244bhs with the "bike storage"!! Reminds me of the Lance 2185, which is unfortunately not in my budget, but love its triple bunk that can be converted to garage space (or a kennel?!) & extra rear entrydoor!!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain

2004 Jayco Jayfeather Sport 165
2004 Lexus GX470
Sport165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport165 View Post
Moving on, I tried to do a forum search for this model 264bh, to read people's opinions etc, but the search feature is not working for me.
Sport, did you try this [search] link from Norty?

https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl...95:_douuy_o5dq

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:55 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
We have the Jayflight 26BH, which is virtually the same with a few upgrades. but structure wise the same. Years back i previously owned a 27BH, which at that time was the #1 Jayflight floorplan. Great for families with kids. Todays 26BH, or 264BH is in my opinion a bit better, because of the size of the bunks. Back than the 27 had a smaller bunk on top so there was a small wardrobe. We just purchased it in November, havn't used it, but, it's just the wife n I, but we need the extra sleeping space because she likes to spread out at night, and i have no desire sleeping on a couch, plus if i want to bring a brother or two, theres room. We don't need a slide, if it had one, cool, but it's not a game changer. We spend our days outside, and our nights sleeping. As for storage, it has tons .... but only two small wardrobes on each side of the queen bed. But hey, u're guys, you don't bring all the extra clothes woman do ( sorry ladies). There is not a ton of moving around space inside, thats what u lose with no slide. But the couch is a nice size, and positioned in the right direction, and the dinette is great for homework (aaaahhhhhh). Personally, i think it's the right length trailer .... not too big, not too small!
Old 01-30-2018, 04:11 AM   #4

Thanks for this link!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from Central Florida View Post
Sport, did you try this [search] link from Norty?

https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl...95:_douuy_o5dq
Thanks so much John from Central Florida!!!
I knew there must be Lots of great 264 info on this forum!! Had no idea this model has been in production for so long!!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain

2004 Lexus GX470
Old 01-30-2018, 04:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojay View Post
We have the Jayflight 26BH, which is virtually the same with a few upgrades.
That's terrific! I haven't seen the 26bh in person, what exactly are the upgrades? I'm not sure but I'm thinking the 26/25bh were to heavy for my TV. I like 2 LP tanks, but good with smaller LP Tanks bc I can actually lift them up

Quote:
But hey, u're guys, you don't bring all the extra clothes woman do ( sorry ladies).
nooo I'm his Momma!! Definitely not a guy, haha thank you very much, but I totally get what you're saying!! BC yes, I do bring more clothes than I need to!! but-- I'm getting better each trip we take!! & Storage is very important to me!! Especially hidden storage, so I like cabinets!! I'm completely bummed they no longer have the OHC over Queen bed, feel the shelf will be useless for most part!!

Quote:
is not a ton of moving around space inside,
we really need more space bc of large dogs

thanks for the great feedback! I'm still worried re TT length... I probably need to rethink this, & go for shorter.... I still can't back up my not quite18' trailer very well-- at least not without lots of room!!! (&Time!!)

2004 Lexus GX470
Old 01-31-2018, 04:04 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
nooo I'm his Momma!! Definitely not a guy, haha thank you very much, but I totally get what you're saying!!

OOPS ..... sorry! and impressed at same time.

thanks for the great feedback! I'm still worried re TT length... I probably need to rethink this, & go for shorter.... I still can't back up my not quite18' trailer very well-- at least not without lots of room!!! (&Time!!)

Well, before you worry too much about this issue, we all have been in the same boat ( or RV), and always remember something, everyone standing or sitting in the campground watching you have also been in the same boat. One thing about campers, they are always first in line to help out another camper in need, especially backing a trailer in.
Second thing to remember, your current Sport165 is a single axle, short wheel base. That alone makes it difficult to back up. Tandem axle trailers are so so much easier, they go where you tell them to go ...... large or small, they do what they are told to do, with a bit of practice and a good spotter.

So, if i was your RV salesman, and i had to recommend a trailer to you, in your situation, i would point you to the Jayfeather 19UXD. It's a hybrid jayco. Whats nice about Hybrids is the beds don't take up floor space, and this one has a small sofa slide, is lightweight, nice size dinette, and for a hybrid, a good deal of storage. Not like the 264BH, but there are ways of making up storage areas. It's not a long trailer, and it does have the dual axles. The 23B is also a great Hybrid, been around for , wow, 17 years. The perfect hybrid floorplan....but more money.