Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2020, 12:56 PM   #1

Jayco 32bhds sewer issue

Went to drain my black tank today and went I took the cap off all the grey water came rushing out. The grey tank dump is at the rear and the black tank dump is in between the two slides. Is the rear grey tank dump just for the rear? Is they supposed to be a black leaver and a grey lever is between the two slides? I am wondering if there is supposed to be a black and grey lever side by side between the two slides but with the sealed underbelly it's hard to see. The trailer is a jay flight 32bhds 2019. I just got it from the dealer last week. With both the black tank valve closed and the rear grey tank valve closed, when I run the kitchen sink inside the water just comes out the black tank dump in between the two slides. Any suggestions?
Coghlin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 01:01 PM   #2

Gray and Black often use the same dump outlet. The black will have a dump valve and the gray will have a dump valve. Some rigs have a second gray or black tank and valve on the curb side of the rig. Sometime hard to see. Keep it closed except when dumping. You now know why.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 02:16 PM   #3

On my 2018 32BHDS which I assume is the same, there are 2 gray tanks. The rear value is for the outside kitchen sink tank and has another sewer hose connection near it. The black tank is near the connection between the 2 slides but the main gray tank value is in the stupidest place under the living room slide about half way down. I use an additional value on the sewer connection and then keep that one open so I can drain the gray water without having to crawl under the slide. When I want to dump the black I will close the sewer value fill the gray tank, close the one under the slide (not easy due to all the water, open the sewer connected value and then once I have confirmed the gray tank value is close dump the black.
2003 Ford F250 6.0 Diesel (Sold)
Reese Steadi-Flex (Sold)
DH, SWMBO, DS, & Dog
jpgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:08 PM   #4

I took mine in for warranty work because while camping, I would dump and flush my black tank until it was completely empty. Then I would dump both of my gray tanks until they were completely empty. I would disconnect and when I got home, and opened the dump cap, 3-4 gallons of gray water would come out.

According to the dealer, the gray tank for the inside and outside kitchen has a long distance to the main dump. All of the models like this have plumbing that saggs in the middle which keeps the gray tank from emptying completely and retains gray water in the line. They told me that I can either live with it because Jayco hasn't come up with a solution, or I can rip out the underbelly and try to fix it myself.

I am not a fan of what I'm about to say; however, the best way that I found to get that water out is to open the dump valve cap after I leave the campground. The first hill I come to or first time I hit my brakes, the gray water comes out and it's good to go after that.

I only do this because I'm 100% sure that it is only water coming from the kitchen sink gray water tank. I can say this because I put different colored dyes in all of my holding tanks and the water that wasn't draining completely was the color of the dye that I put in my kitchen gray tank.
co267 is offline   Reply With Quote