Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-20-2015, 03:10 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
mike837go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Campbell Hall
Posts: 2,837
The cooling unit is functioning within specs. The non-adjustable AC thermostat is faulty. It is deliberately keeping the box too warm.


Consider replacing it.


Other than that, you'll be on propane when camping?
__________________

__________________
TT 2015 19RD "TheJayco"
TV 2003 F-350 "Montblanc" - Housebroken chore truck


Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:29 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
The cooling unit is functioning within specs. The non-adjustable AC thermostat is faulty. It is deliberately keeping the box too warm.


Consider replacing it.


Other than that, you'll be on propane when camping?
Yes, correct-only propane for now. I'm positive you're correct with replacing the AC thermostat.
Can I disconnect AC thermostat to see if the fridge temperature would drop more than I was getting with it?
Thank you.
__________________

darekj24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:41 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
mike837go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Campbell Hall
Posts: 2,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by darekj24 View Post
Can I disconnect AC thermostat to see if the fridge temperature would drop more than I was getting with it?
Not so much "disconnect" as "bypass". If you can read the electrical diagram, short circuit across the two wires going to the thermostat.

BE CAREFUL!
1) Disconnect the AC supply while working on the electrical parts.
2) Check the temp hourly-or so. With the electric heater on 100% you could start to boil the water portion of the ammonia/water mix - NOT GOOD. Confirm that the box gets below 0C on 110V then re-enable the thermostat.
__________________
TT 2015 19RD "TheJayco"
TV 2003 F-350 "Montblanc" - Housebroken chore truck


Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:46 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
Not so much "disconnect" as "bypass". If you can read the electrical diagram, short circuit across the two wires going to the thermostat.

BE CAREFUL!
1) Disconnect the AC supply while working on the electrical parts.
2) Check the temp hourly-or so. With the electric heater on 100% you could start to boil the water portion of the ammonia/water mix - NOT GOOD. Confirm that the box gets below 0C on 110V then re-enable the thermostat.
Thank you.
I was looking for a new thermostat - couldn't find it...will do the bypass in 3 weeks when camping - my trailer sitting inside of garage with kayaks and canoe on the top of it.
__________________

darekj24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fridge, jayco, norcold

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.