Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #61

Going to put in an attaboy for Dave (GM) and April Ann (SW) at Campingworld of Davenport Iowa. As full timers; At PDI he swiftly got our unit in to the shop for corrections (minor). Gave both the DW and I gift cards for our trouble. First Class act.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
We have to put this into perspective.
Even with a "heated underbelly" I would be most of the peeps using their RV in cold weather would still be unhappy. It's again different expectations and different interpretations of "standards".
Finally some commonsense in all of this!

Really no difference if heated or not. Your pipes will still freeze if you try camping year round in the north.
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:48 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
You have a good dealer.
I have to agree.

Just picked up the replacement 267BHSW today, has completely enclosed underbelly now, plus a ladder, a bumper grill, and a sofa upgrade that I didn't have on the first one, all at no extra charge. So I'm feeling very well treated by my dealer in resolving the missing Thermal Package issue. Many thanks to Joe and crew at Camping World of Longmont, Colorado.
GL243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:31 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
We understand your frustration wait until you try and get warranted items repaired!Our experience has been no Jayco dealer is required to do your warranty work!Our final repair list submitted to Little Dealer Little Prices in Phoenix Arizona September 2017.Replace plastic bushings,stain cabinets door where no stain was applied,floor ripples by entry door,one kitchen slide roller broken,water leak roof dinning slide,bowed awning supports,delamination material by king pin,replace axles, replace recliners.Of those items dealer only submitted axles,and recliners!JAYCO says they have no recourse towards dealers. 2 year warranty hog wash.
Hmm.. Not my experience at all. My 2 year warranty has been excellent, as has my selling dealer.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:09 PM   #65

Don't forget a PDI check lists.Just finished a letter to Trailer Life about frustrations with Jaycos two year joke of a warranty! Good Luck
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Don't forget a PDI check lists.Just finished a letter to Trailer Life about frustrations with Jaycos two year joke of a warranty! Good Luck
Because your not happy with your dealer, whom others have had no issues, your going to write about Jayco...yea...makes sense.

Who does Jayco get to write to ? All those that have expressed how well they were treated by Jayco?

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:43 PM   #67

Quote:
Because your not happy with your dealer, whom others have had no issues, your going to write about Jayco...yea...makes sense.

Who does Jayco get to write to ? All those that have expressed how well they were treated by Jayco?
Just because some people (or even a lot of people) haven't had problems with their dealers doesn't mean there aren't others who have had problems with their dealers (and Jayco refused to help them). Btw, I've seen other complaints about Little Dealer, Little Prices, especially the one in Mesa.

Your second paragraph makes no sense.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #68
Site Team

This thread and subject is getting long in the tooth.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:24 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
This thread and subject is getting long in the tooth.
Yes. But kudos to our local dealer. Service and advice given promptly. You can bet we will go back to Call of the Wild in Oxford ME for our next unit
They went to bat for us and our bent axle was fixed in a day. Under warranty
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:27 PM   #70
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
Yes. But kudos to our local dealer. Service and advice given promptly. You can bet we will go back to Call of the Wild in Oxford ME for our next unit
They went to bat for us and our bent axle was fixed in a day. Under warranty
Let every one know here:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...oll-25639.html
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:22 PM   #71

Quote:

I agree. Not sure where the trailer was purchased or whom it's being brought to for repairs, but I can say that Jayco and my dealer have always done right by me and many others here. Even authorizing warranty repairs by non jayco independent RV shops.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:31 PM   #72

Don't know if it's been stated yet but heated floors simply means that the heat vents are on the floor & the ducting runs under the floor.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:19 PM   #73

Not to highjack your thread but I am dealing with similar issue but with tires. I am suppose to close on my 2017 325BHQS tomorrow after inspection but when I did a driveby Thursday while they were state inspecting it I noticed something off. It had Rainier tires on it. The 2017 brochure STATES "Goodyear Mandatory Option." I didn't notice this due when looking at it orginally due to the slide out were out on both sides covering the tires. But Hey when a dealer gives you a brochure from the manufacturer you trust its true. Well the dealer looked dumbfounded when I said something to him and he stated all Eagles from with Goodyear at a minimum. Then I showed him... Now his tune has changed and said they won't do anything but they are calling Jayco to get approval to change them. Something about Jayco can change specs anytime they want. Leaves me little upset but same time dealer promised an answer today. Since I didn't hear from sales I called their service department which I have experience with. The service manager didn't know what I was talking about. Quickly the sales guy called me back saying he was handling it (Even tho the day before he told me the service department was). I am wondering if he even called. I am hoping I can call Jayco when they open Monday to confirm they even heard from the dealer.
Chiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:45 AM   #74

Look at your sales papers. Do they include the "mandatory option" for tires? If so, you should have the Endurance tires.

Another thing to ask about. When was this 2017 trailer built. Has it been on the lot a long time? It was in the middle of the 2017 model year that Jayco began installing Endurance tires. Any early build 2017 trailer would probably have the old Rainier tires on it.

My 2017 23RB was built in January of 2017 and came with the Endurance tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggins View Post
Not to highjack your thread but I am dealing with similar issue but with tires. I am suppose to close on my 2017 325BHQS tomorrow after inspection but when I did a driveby Thursday while they were state inspecting it I noticed something off. It had Rainier tires on it. The 2017 brochure STATES "Goodyear Mandatory Option." I didn't notice this due when looking at it orginally due to the slide out were out on both sides covering the tires. But Hey when a dealer gives you a brochure from the manufacturer you trust its true. Well the dealer looked dumbfounded when I said something to him and he stated all Eagles from with Goodyear at a minimum. Then I showed him... Now his tune has changed and said they won't do anything but they are calling Jayco to get approval to change them. Something about Jayco can change specs anytime they want. Leaves me little upset but same time dealer promised an answer today. Since I didn't hear from sales I called their service department which I have experience with. The service manager didn't know what I was talking about. Quickly the sales guy called me back saying he was handling it (Even tho the day before he told me the service department was). I am wondering if he even called. I am hoping I can call Jayco when they open Monday to confirm they even heard from the dealer.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:19 AM   #75

They started putting Rainer tires on in August 2016. My point wasn't the tires as much as misrepresenting. I shouldn't of been handed paperwork saying they were on it to find out they were. I go today for inspection and hoping dealer will make it right
Old 02-24-2018, 09:45 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggins View Post
This is what they do my Eagle 321 RSTS clearly stated battery boxes and group 27 battery29 months later still fighting for them.Not to speak of two bad axles and on and on.I really believe its takes about 3 years to get everything fixed. Hang in there!
Attached Thumbnails
100_0357.1584.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:59 AM   #77

Happy to report... Jayco didn't answer about my tires before my inspection today but the dealer said that he wouldn't want Rainier tires on his own 5th. So they said it will be taken care of whether jayco will fix it or not by them. So they are replacing with brand new maxxis. This is why I love dealing local. Inspection went well... got a page long punch list of very small stuff and should be able to pick up my new 5er next weekend!
Old 02-24-2018, 11:25 PM   #78

I’m not sure but when I think of “Thermal Package” I wouldn’t think of a heated under belly. Thermal being heat I would assume the trailer has extra insulation in the roof and walls with a covered belly to keep the heat down in the trailer. Now when I think of “Glacier Package” I would assume it’s for the winter which it is because it does have duct work going to the tank cavities.

You can’t believe anything a dealer tells you EVER!! They screwed me over so bad but that’s a conversation for another thread. Anywho why would they have a thermal and a Glacier Package if they were one in the same?? As I read these threads I see most peeps think thermal has something to do with cold weather but it’s not. Get the Glacier Package if you want to camp in the winter.

Right now I’m camping on a ski resort in 12 degree weather with a full water tank. I just got done taking a hot shower all I do is put some house nipples on the drain spouts and I wrapped all the pipes I could see in the trailer just to be extra careful. Work great!!

I don’t know if other models are different but here is what a Glacier Package is in a white hawk.

When you select the Glacier Package option on a White Hawk travel trailer, you get:

· Two layers of R-7 fiberglass insulation in the roof (versus one without the package)
· One layer of R-14 Astrofoil (bubble-wrap) insulation in the main roof (not in the slideout roof)
· One layer of R-7 fiberglass insulation under the holding tanks
· One layer of R-14 Astrofoil in the underbelly (they lay it in the underbelly cavity)
· One layer of R-14 Astrofoil in the floor of the flush-floor slideout rooms
· 2-inch heat ducts from the furnace to each holding tank cavity
· A Glacier Package decal on the exterior sidewall
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:30 PM   #79

Heated floors is not just because you have floor vents. Does it help yes but if you have the Glacier Package it actual ducts going to the tanks. I have opened mine up before and the duct work going to my front bedroom splits off to the tanks. It works good but it does reduce the air pressure so very little heat blows in the bedroom.
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:43 AM   #80

Trailers with Thermal packages have heated underbellies, except for a hand full that do not have duct work in the floor.

My Jay Flight 23RB doesn't have a heated underbelly, because it doesn't have duct work in the floor. Other larger Jay Flights do have heated underbelly.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote