Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-13-2022, 07:38 AM   #1

Jayco Brand New 264BH Jay Flight SLX with leaking

Hello guys,

I bought around 4 weeks ago a brand new Jayco 264BH Jay Flight SLX and after it being used for the first time, I noticed a leaking coming from under the sink, refrigerator and bathroom sink (on the floor). Another detail is that after the tank being filled with freshwater, when the camper arrived at the destination there was only 1/3 left. Maybe that's where the leaking is coming from?

I left my camper at the store where I bought it, today is turning 8 days that my camper is there and they said they haven’t found any leak, they fill it up the water tank and it still full. I’m afraid to get my camper back and keep leaking.

Maybe the water pressure was too high at the camping where he was?

That’s my first camper so I don’t have a lot of experience. If you guys know what it could be, I’ll appreciate the help. Thank you!!
raphaelnpires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 07:51 AM   #2

If you hook up to a city water connection with a hose, you should always use a water pressure regulator.

The tank being partially drained after driving with full tanks is common and normal, due to siphoning. You can plug the overflow tube(s) underneath the trailer for the drive, just make sure to unplug them once you arrive at destination.

The leak could be coming from a loose connection to the kitchen faucets, or the water pump itself. Check to make sure the threaded connections are tight. Inside the connections there is a nose cone washer which acts as the seal... check to make sure they are actually there and not damaged or twisted.

The plumbing on that trailer is pretty simple with not a whole lot of connections in that area to check.

Also, make sure you don't travel with the water pump on.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:23 AM   #3

That was really helpful, thank you very much, I appreciate it. I’ll follow your advices. ����
Old 10-13-2022, 08:28 AM   #4

By any chance do you have a recommendation for a water pressure regulator?
Old 10-13-2022, 09:34 AM   #5

Check the RV section at your local Walmart or Hardware store and you should be able to find a Camco brand regulator or in-line pressure reducing valve. They're really simple and just screw on between the hose bib and the hose going to your camper. This info page on Camco's website gives more details:
https://www.camco.net/water-pressure...ead-free-40055

Another popular one you may find is the Valterra brand regulator like shown here on e-trailer's site: https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Water-Pr...01-1120VP.html

I bought my 29BHS used and the previous owner had one of these included with the camper. Works like a charm for us.
85vf500rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 09:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vf500rr View Post
Check the RV section at your local Walmart or Hardware store and you should be able to find a Camco brand regulator or in-line pressure reducing valve. They're really simple and just screw on between the hose bib and the hose going to your camper. This info page on Camco's website gives more details:
https://www.camco.net/water-pressure...ead-free-40055

Another popular one you may find is the Valterra brand regulator like shown here on e-trailer's site: https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Water-Pr...01-1120VP.html

I bought my 29BHS used and the previous owner had one of these included with the camper. Works like a charm for us.
I’m going to Walmart to check this out . Thank you very much!
Old 10-13-2022, 11:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelnpires View Post
By any chance do you have a recommendation for a water pressure regulator?
Many times people forget about them and leave attached to the faucet
Old 10-13-2022, 03:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMTEX View Post
Many times people forget about them and leave attached to the faucet
Just to make sure, I’ll need to connect this to the camping water exit, right?
Old 10-13-2022, 03:55 PM   #9

Yes, where you would normally connect the hose to the water faucet at the campsite, connect this first, then connect the hose. Just make sure to take it with you when you leave like TMTEX said!
85vf500rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 07:17 AM   #10

Ok, I’ll. Thank you
Old 11-02-2022, 01:38 PM   #11

I prefer this regulator. Slightly higher pressure and much better flow rate.

Valterra RV Hi-Flow Water Regulator, Lead-Free Brass Hi-Flow Water Regulator for Camper, Trailer, RV Plumbing System, 50-55 psi https://a.co/d/dxIfaTOClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221102-143827_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	85018

Jayflight 34RSBS
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 05:29 PM   #12

When we bought our brand new 2019 264BHW, we discovered 2 pretty good water leaks under our bathroom sink during our first camping trip. I was worried at first that it was a big problem but as it turned out, all I needed to do was tighten the waterline connections. It appears that the connections were not tightened properly at the factory.

When our freshwater tanks were full, we would lose anywhere from 1/4 to 1/3 of our fresh water out of the overflow tubes every time we traveled due to the "siphon effect". To stop the problem, I put a couple of cheap plastic irrigation valves on the tubes and close them when traveling and open when parked. This stopped all water loss.

Tags
2022, 264 bh slx, fresh water tank, leaking, new here