Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2015, 01:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwyatt View Post
We are considering trading in our 2007 314BHDS for the 2016 324BHTS...and are liking the party sofa. Would love some pics when you guys get delivery! Or when Jayco gets around to posting the online brochure
Welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:23 PM   #22

Quote:
We are considering trading in our 2007 314BHDS for the 2016 324BHTS...and are liking the party sofa. Would love some pics when you guys get delivery! Or when Jayco gets around to posting the online brochure
We ordered the party couch, but I have yet to see actual pictures of one. Our rig is supposed to ship to dealer next week and I'm anxious to see pictures. I will share as soon as I can. It will be another week or so before we get a chance to see it in person.
Lessmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Welcome to the forum.
thanks! I wish I had found this forum when we bought our 2007 Jayco! It's awesome!!
lwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:48 PM   #24

Here are the pictures my dealer sent me of our new 324 BHTS with the party sofa. I can't wait to go pick her up!!http://http://s862.photobucket.com/user/girv-km/library/Eagles/2016%20Eagle%20324BHTS%20Moore?sort=3&page=1
Old 07-10-2015, 05:55 AM   #25

My wife and I looked at this model also. The only two things we did not like was the table seemed to take allot of room. And WHY does Jayco put the breaker box in the kids bedroom. That was the first thing my five year old went for in the room. He is very curious as most kids are.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:23 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessmore View Post
Here are the pictures my dealer sent me of our new 324 BHTS with the party sofa. I can't wait to go pick her up!!http://http://s862.photobucket.com/user/girv-km/library/Eagles/2016%20Eagle%20324BHTS%20Moore?sort=3&page=1
Wow - looks sharp! That party sofa is nice, but wish that they would offer a couch or J Cube option in the bunkhouse instead of the "gaming chairs." Very, very good looking trailer!!

Thanks for sharing pics
lwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:02 PM   #27

Hope I'm mistaken. OP has a 6 cylinder Dakota, year unknown. I'm seeing a TT dry weight of 8240#, and we know what that means. I'm seeing different tow capacities for the Dakotas of 4450, probably the six cylinder, to a max of 7250 for V8.

Maybe I should re-reread this thread. Or maybe he's listening to an RV salesman.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:49 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Hope I'm mistaken. OP has a 6 cylinder Dakota, year unknown. I'm seeing a TT dry weight of 8240#, and we know what that means. I'm seeing different tow capacities for the Dakotas of 4450, probably the six cylinder, to a max of 7250 for V8.

Maybe I should re-reread this thread. Or maybe he's listening to an RV salesman.
H
I thought the Dakota post was a crack trying to be funny
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:06 AM   #29

Quote:
Wow - looks sharp! That party sofa is nice, but wish that they would offer a couch or J Cube option in the bunkhouse instead of the "gaming chairs." Very, very good looking trailer!!

Thanks for sharing pics

Thanks! We are super anxious to see it in person and take possession next week. We would rather have a HAB sofa in the bunk room, but the kids like the game chairs and the party sofa has a HAB. I'm hoping we can remove them and have room for an inflatable mattress if needed.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:43 AM   #30

LOVE the upgrades coming to newer models of this camper!! Having camped in ours for three trips, some are necessary. We still LOVE our camper and hope to see more families enjoying this layout as well.
2 Golden Retrievers, Cooper & Claude
:campfire: :campfire:
Ewingfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:25 AM   #31

Quote:
Thanks! We are super anxious to see it in person and take possession next week. We would rather have a HAB sofa in the bunk room, but the kids like the game chairs and the party sofa has a HAB. I'm hoping we can remove them and have room for an inflatable mattress if needed.
Did you end up picking it up? I'm very curious about the gaming chairs. A Jayco rep told me they don't convert to a bed, but based on some photos online, it looks like they could possibly fold out into 2 small beds (2 cushions stacked on each other). If that is not the case, I'm going to be disappointed, as I was 99% set on upgrading to this model. With 3 kids, there's no way I'd purchase a BH with only 2 bunks.
jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:54 PM   #32

We picked up on Monday and absolutely LOVE it!!! The gaming chairs do in fact flip out to make 2 twin beds 1 cushion thick. The cup holders come out of the center console and you could just remove the uppers and a single twin, but twice as thick and higher off the floor. If I could make changes, #1- add HAB sofa option to bunk room, #2- move light switch in master bedroom closer to the door (it's on the far side if the bed, on the side of the closet), and #3- add a drawer to the outside kitchen.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:05 PM   #33

Thanks for the reply. And I totally agree on the drawer on the outside kitchen. They had it in 2015, too bad they got rid of it in 2016. We have one in our current TT and use it frequently.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:13 AM   #34

Still like it? How is the Party sofa after some use?

Hello,
I am curious how you like the unit layout now that you have had it a little while?
We are considering ordering a 324BHTS with the Party Sofa but have not found any comments, aside from yours, regarding it. As far as it's layout, does it have a flip out bed on the larger side and recliners on the other end?
Also curious about what the HAB option you mention is....

We noted that the awning size/placement might be an issue given that it goes over the kitchen slide, seems being further forward would be more useful....

Thanks,
Don

Quote:
We picked up on Monday and absolutely LOVE it!!! The gaming chairs do in fact flip out to make 2 twin beds 1 cushion thick. The cup holders come out of the center console and you could just remove the uppers and a single twin, but twice as thick and higher off the floor. If I could make changes, #1- add HAB sofa option to bunk room, #2- move light switch in master bedroom closer to the door (it's on the far side if the bed, on the side of the closet), and #3- add a drawer to the outside kitchen.
knhd976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:02 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by knhd976 View Post
Hello,
I am curious how you like the unit layout now that you have had it a little while?
We are considering ordering a 324BHTS with the Party Sofa but have not found any comments, aside from yours, regarding it. As far as it's layout, does it have a flip out bed on the larger side and recliners on the other end?
Also curious about what the HAB option you mention is....

We noted that the awning size/placement might be an issue given that it goes over the kitchen slide, seems being further forward would be more useful....

Thanks,
Don
Don,

HAB = hide-a-bed

I have the same questions as you. In addition, where and how easy are the tables stored? We pick ours up toward the end of the month, and I also ordered the party sofa. My main concern with this unit is outside storage, but at least inside storage is plentiful.

Jason

Old 09-01-2015, 07:34 AM   #36

Thanks for clarifying the HAB, I should have Googled it first lol

Hopefully Lessmore is still monitoring the page, can't wait to hear their thoughts on it...

Enjoy the day,
Don
knhd976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:55 PM   #37

We LOVE the party couch!! Two recliners on the short end (closest to bathroom) and the HAB on the longer end. There is plenty of room for my family of 4 to pile up and watch movies on a rainy day. The table are kind of heavy and a pain to have to pull out, and are a little wobbly after set up, but our previous dinette table was wobbly as well. We almost always eat outside at the picnic table, and if we do choose to eat inside I'll just have the boys sit on the linoleum with their little stools so that any messes are easy to clean. Tables are stored behind the couch and recliners, however, our HAB didn't have room to pull out without hitting the bar, so we had them to move that section back about a 1/2 inch, and I moved the larger table under the queen bed so that it doesn't rub against the wall or back of couch during transit. BE SURE YOU TEST THE HAB TO BE CERTAIN IT HAS ROOM TO FULLY OPEN BEFORE YOU TAKE POSSESSION!! Also, with the HAB pulled out, the bunk room door will not fully open. But, there was enough room for an average sized adult to squeeze through the door and go between sink and stove to get to the bathroom at night. The kitchen slide does take up some awning space, but the extra kitchen space is worth the compromise. I guess there is no such thing as the PERFECT set-up, as they can't please everybody all the time!

Also, the updates stated the queen bed would be a full 60x80, but ours is not!! My husband is 6'4" and his feet still hang off the bed when his head is at the wall. Not a deal breaker for us, but thought I would mention it to you all.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #38

Thanks again for your time to post some info! You've been very helpful.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:26 PM   #39

We just bought a 314 TSBH, great trailer except the black tank valve never held water (stinky) from what I gather they use a cable operated black tank valve and from day one ours was hard as heck to open, now its easy to open but I don't think its closing all the way. Check the black tank valve operation before taking it off the lot.
ewaltseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #40

Quote:
Also, the updates stated the queen bed would be a full 60x80, but ours is not!! My husband is 6'4" and his feet still hang off the bed when his head is at the wall. Not a deal breaker for us, but thought I would mention it to you all.
This is interesting. We just looked at a 2016 324bhts this weekend at a local dealer and it DID have the 60x80 bed. Overall we really liked this camper but there were a couple things we didn't.

1. No fireplace and apparently it isn't even an option. In this floor plan, it is very common for them to have it and I want it for cold nights so I don't have to run the furnace as much.
2. Not thrilled about the self contained A/C with no interior panel. We enjoy coming inside on a hot day and opening the vents for a quick cool off under it.
3. Outdoor kitchen has less storage and is more focused on being able to mount a tv (I could care less about an outdoor tv).
4. Front cap is gelcoat and not painted. Hopefully though with the light color it wouldn't have oxidation issues but this is unknown.
5. It had a rear cargo shelf/bike storage rack. Would rather see a factory trailer hitch like the Grand Design we looked at as I already have a bike rack and it would weigh less and be less cumbersome to use.

Other than that, loved it. Did any of you consider the Grand Design Reflection 308bhts? I think we are leaning towards it at this time.

Also, would anyone mind sharing what you were able to get the Jayco for out the door?

Thanks!
Campfire79 is offline   Reply With Quote