Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-15-2022, 10:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgale View Post
Maybe give Pan Pacific in French Camp a call, there are also RVs of Sac in Sacramento and RV country in Fresno. You could also call Jayco directly.
Sac RV...Run, don't walk. I bought my TT there, hands down worst experience, worst treatment, worst service from any retailer in my life. Sales, service, finance all zero stars. I cannot recommend you stay away any more strongly.
2 kids
1 dog
jb7706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 09:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmago View Post
We have it on our 2020 Jay Feather and after first winter in storage worked on and off. Couldn't figure out why until I finally discovered the s.m.a.r.t. control module (also hidden behind micro wave) needs 12V power to work (duh). I thought it had stopped working and now I know not to travel with 12V kill switch in the off position.
The Trailer towing lights along with the breakaway switch should be on the battery side of the 12V Kill Switch. The trailer lights and breakaway switch will always work independent of the 12V Kill switch ON/OFF position. The 12V Kill switch only disconnects the 12V loads that are wired from the Fuse Panel.

Another FYI... If you are powered from shore power (120V) and the 12V kill switch is OFF, the battery will still be charged from the converter.

BTW, my S.M.A.R.T controller has single blink error (Left Rear LT Output Shutdown). I found the S.M.A.R.T controller along with the Lippert slide controllers today behind the 12V Kill switch panel. I was looking for the slide controllers. I will hook up my truck to the trailer tomorrow, and test out the trailer light operation. The last time I towed it all worked correctly.

This picture is from a 2019 Jayco Eagle HT wiring diagram next to kill switch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3734D.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	84889

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3732.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	84890
David_ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 07:26 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_ski View Post

... BTW, my S.M.A.R.T controller has single blink error (Left Rear LT Output Shutdown). ... I will hook up my truck to the trailer tomorrow, and test out the trailer light operation. ...
Today I hooked up the truck to my trailer. There ended up not being any errors. When the TV is connected to the trailer the LED on the S.M.A.R.T Controller is solid Green. All trailer towing lights seemed to work correctly. After TV disconnect the solid Green LED will go out and have an occasional single Blink. I think the slow single blink when the TV is disconnected is just a 'heartbeat' message and not an actual error message.

David

2019 Jayco Eagle HT 24.5CKTS (new to me 9/2022)
2016 F250 6.7L CCSB 4x4 - AirLift 5000
Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch
David_ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 04:21 PM   #24

Wanted to thank you all for all the info you posted, Last night my wife asked me why the red clearance light were on, they were dim and flashing. We were at our hunting camp and it was raining. But something was not right. I was first thinking that maybe it was a “code” for a electrical problem. I turned off everything and tripped the battery breakers. So I went to this forum and learned about the SMART controller. What had happen was: I took the gas’s bottle to refill and when i put them back in i knocked a wire off the SMART controller. in our Pinnacle the controller is on the left side, between the master cutoff switch and the top of the gas bottle. If it has not been for this forum i would have not found the problem..

SO THANK YOU
Terry Green

Sot
TMGreen is offline   Reply With Quote