Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #11

We went for the Flight over the Swift because of the slight bump in styling/amenities, though the weight savings of the Swift was very attractive.

There is plenty of debate about aluminum vs fiberglass. I got aluminum because it was what the trailer I chose came with. And I'll never have a delamination issue.

Wood vs. Aluminum frame is a non-issue for me, but I could see the appeal of Aluminum; again choose based on floorplan and TV capabilities.

As for slide vs no slide; We looked at both bunkhouse models and for reasons already mentioned (significant increase in space), we went with the slide. We have been cramped into small RVs and have tripped over eachother and the dog enough that the slide was a must for us despite the weight increase. Case in point: Last November, we had 9 people plus our 55 lb mutt visiting for 2 meals in our RV and had plenty of space for everyone, the only thing we lacked was a place for the people on the couch to set down their drink while eating off their plate. I can't express enough how nice it was for the whole family to be together in our trailer and comfortable.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:26 PM   #12

We love our 26BH with no slides.
We use the trailer mostly for sleeping when camping so there is no need for us to live inside of it.
I guess the slides would come in handy if you have more people or if you spend a lot of time inside of it.
For us the weight was the main reason we did not get a slide.
2 Adults 2 grown up children and a small dog fit comfortably in out TT

Chomperoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #13

I am torn between Jayco Jay Fright 26bh or Swift 264bh. It will just be me and the dog. Last kids is almost to High school, She barely have time with her dad. However wanted to get bunk for her in case. I saw how they converted the bunk room to a small office. I plan to do that when she is in college. So I can put a table and put my computer in the bunk room. Don't removed the wood trim on the wall that support the bunk in case you plan to sell in the future. Thought to share....

So let me know if you have 26bh or 264bh. Didnt want the slide. TV is 2013 Ford F150.
Jwunsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #14

I just bought the 267 BHS. The DW really wanted the extra room, and man, am I happy that I listened. We have a three year old little girl, and she has plenty of room to do whatever she wants, and we can still walk around without everyone running into each other. The other thing I liked about the 2014 was the darker wood interior, I am amazed at how much nicer the interior of TT are looking. It is also stick and tin (is that what ya'll call it), and I really can't complain or wish for the fiberglass. Find the layout you like, and you will be happy with the exterior.
H1aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwunsch View Post
I am torn between Jayco Jay Fright 26bh or Swift 264bh. It will just be me and the dog. Last kids is almost to High school, She barely have time with her dad. However wanted to get bunk for her in case. I saw how they converted the bunk room to a small office. I plan to do that when she is in college. So I can put a table and put my computer in the bunk room. Don't removed the wood trim on the wall that support the bunk in case you plan to sell in the future. Thought to share....

So let me know if you have 26bh or 264bh. Didnt want the slide. TV is 2013 Ford F150.
I absolutely love this idea. If I weren't about to expand my family, I would VERY seriously consider doing this or something similar. As it is, we have a bambino/a on the way, so I'll need the bunks

Afterall, that's what I bought them for...

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomperoni View Post
We love our 26BH with no slides.
We use the trailer mostly for sleeping when camping so there is no need for us to live inside of it.
I guess the slides would come in handy if you have more people or if you spend a lot of time inside of it.
For us the weight was the main reason we did not get a slide.
2 Adults 2 grown up children and a small dog fit comfortably in out TT
X2
We just bought the 264BH with the option of the double bunk beds. With two boys one 8 and the other 16 they are comfortable in their bunks and have room to move around.
The dealer had a 267 slide but given the weight and extra cost I did not see the need. We are very active and outside most of the time so moving around the trailer has not been an issue.

Given that we have only been on a couple of trips I can't say if I will or would want a slide. Heading out Friday to Palo Duro Canyon State Park (Canyon TX) this weekend with the mountain bikes...
tanracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanracing View Post
X2
We just bought the 264BH with the option of the double bunk beds. With two boys one 8 and the other 16 they are comfortable in their bunks and have room to move around.
The dealer had a 267 slide but given the weight and extra cost I did not see the need. We are very active and outside most of the time so moving around the trailer has not been an issue.

Given that we have only been on a couple of trips I can't say if I will or would want a slide. Heading out Friday to Palo Duro Canyon State Park (Canyon TX) this weekend with the mountain bikes...
3 kids from 2-6. That's why we moved up to the 287 with a slide. Can't turn the little ones loose outside.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:30 AM   #18

We picked the 264BH over the 26BH for the same reasons as some others have said, less weight and cost. We move up from a hybrid to the 264. Only had it home for a week now and haven't had a chance to make it to a campground yet.

2014 Jayco Swift 264BH
2010 Ford F150 STX
Gerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:10 AM   #19

As tanracing said.. We have 2 boys as well. But we do try to spend as much time outside as possible.. (That's why we are camping).. Would a slide be nice.... Sure... But we have gone out with 2 adults 3 kids and a dog and have had more than enough room... Use a popup for a few years and the 264 is like a McMansion..

You should have no problem turning that back area into a small office. Just remember your water heater is back there so you will have to make sure it is inclosed..

Personal note to tanracing... We looked at the dates for Jellystone and couldn't do it.. Thanks though....

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote