Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2021, 02:55 PM   #21

It certainly is possible that the freeze control circuit isn't working as it should then. That is the plug thing they had you check to make sure it was in place. I am not sure I would mess with it though being under warranty and instead I would go ahead and have it checked out, or perhaps call Dometic for their advice as taking it back for service (esp at CW imo) can take a while and certainly can be frustrating. ~CA
Old 04-11-2021, 03:00 PM   #22

Update

OK just checked it, 92 outside with 20% humidity, fan on high, still set at 68, 74 inside, coil still completely frozen
firemanst13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 03:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanst13 View Post
OK just checked it, 92 outside with 20% humidity, fan on high, still set at 68, 74 inside, coil still completely frozen
I would still suggest having it checked out, but if CW can't get to it for a long time or you need an alternative for now, set the thermostat a bit higher where you can get some cycle off time to keep the coils from freezing up too much, and as it cycles on and off then slowly back down on the thermostat until you reach the desired temp and the A/C compressor is still cycling off some and the fan continues to run (set the fan on high instead of low or auto), as once the coils start to freeze then the compressor needs to turn off so the coils have time to thaw out (that is what the freeze control circuit is supposed to do automatically). ~CA
Old 04-11-2021, 03:18 PM   #24

Camping World

I will be calling camping world in the morning and believe you me, it will not take long to get my camper in for service, first time used and some other issues need to be fixed, even if I have to get in touch with the CEO of camping world it will be taken care of. Thank you for all the helpful tips but I believe this is out of my hands completely, I believe there is something wrong with the A/C and thermostat, I will update here when I find out what they tell me.
Old 04-11-2021, 03:28 PM   #25

Best of luck and yes, feel free to let us know the outcome as that knowledge certainly can be helpful for anyone else who encounters this type of problem. Not too mention, Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum (JOF) (:>) ~CA
Old 04-11-2021, 03:50 PM   #26

Quote:
I will be calling camping world in the morning and believe you me, it will not take long to get my camper in for service, first time used and some other issues need to be fixed, even if I have to get in touch with the CEO of camping world it will be taken care of. Thank you for all the helpful tips but I believe this is out of my hands completely, I believe there is something wrong with the A/C and thermostat, I will update here when I find out what they tell me.
Here.... This says it all!!
Attached Thumbnails
lemonis.jpg  

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 04:16 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
Here.... This says it all!!
Amen brother, I had already seen this and it will not bother me one bit to get in contact with him
Old 04-11-2021, 04:56 PM   #28

It could be low on gas or the air flow is short cycling / unit is sucking the discharge air right back into the return air. This often happens as the divider gets blown sideways. Make sure this is taped in place and doing the job of separating the feed air from the return air.
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:02 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffur View Post
It could be low on gas or the air flow is short cycling / unit is sucking the discharge air right back into the return air. This often happens as the divider gets blown sideways. Make sure this is taped in place and doing the job of separating the feed air from the return air.
I was hoping that this was my problem, but mine does not have that divider, mine is acutally made to where it can fall out due to it being made od plastic and metal on the inside
Old 04-11-2021, 10:06 PM   #30

My new 287 BHS did the same thing last summer. I found the divider was slightly out of place and leaking. Used the foil tape for sealing AC plenums and that did the trick...
DUX4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:49 PM   #31

Mine was a year old and bedroom unit would freeze and short cycle. The divider they installed was not even taped in place and fell down. Put it back in place and taped all seams. Been fine ever since. A 1500 BTU might not be enough on a hot day but if working correctly should not be freezing up with correct air flow.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:53 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Mine was a year old and bedroom unit would freeze and short cycle. The divider they installed was not even taped in place and fell down. Put it back in place and taped all seams. Been fine ever since. A 1500 BTU might not be enough on a hot day but if working correctly should not be freezing up with correct air flow.
Mine does not have that divider, mine is divided with metal and not that piece I know what you are speaking of.
Old 04-17-2021, 02:55 PM   #33

Since there is an obvious problem, either unit not functioning properly, air handler not pushing enough air to keep unit from freezing or a blockage somewhere....

And.... Since your dealer is probably not going help with the problem either....I would recommend you look around your area for an independent rv repair guy/gal. Someone who is familiar with rv ac's and will come out to your unit and take a look.

I did this with a roof leak I couldn't find. It cost me $110 for about 2 hours of time. But not only did he find leak and repair, he also did some other things for me.

Well worth it to me....
Just a thought...
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:59 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoarizona View Post
Since there is an obvious problem, either unit not functioning properly, air handler not pushing enough air to keep unit from freezing or a blockage somewhere....

And.... Since your dealer is probably not going help with the problem either....I would recommend you look around your area for an independent rv repair guy/gal. Someone who is familiar with rv ac's and will come out to your unit and take a look.

I did this with a roof leak I couldn't find. It cost me $110 for about 2 hours of time. But not only did he find leak and repair, he also did some other things for me.

Well worth it to me....
Just a thought...
Oh trust me, the dealer is going to fix it very free of charge or replace it with a brand new free. I bought it April 1st of this year and I am very capable of ruining there reputation if they dont.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:04 PM   #35

Go right to Dometic. My buddies new unit fridge died. Dealer out 2-3 months. Dometic authorized a mobil tech, he had to pay the initial travel but the rest is being covered by them. His fridge cooling unit is on back order so not happy.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:06 PM   #36

Quote:
Go right to Dometic. My buddies new unit fridge died. Dealer out 2-3 months. Dometic authorized a mobil tech, he had to pay the initial travel but the rest is being covered by them. His fridge cooling unit is on back order so not happy.
I will make them take a A/C unit out of a different travel trailer before I wait that long, I am taking it to them this Monday and they supposed to work on it this Tuesday.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:08 PM   #37

Quote:
Is this a new or used trailer?

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 03:09 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavie View Post
Is this a new or used trailer?
Brand new
Old 04-17-2021, 03:11 PM   #39

Quote:
Oh trust me, the dealer is going to fix it very free of charge or replace it with a brand new free. I bought it April 1st of this year and I am very capable of ruining there reputation if they dont.
Problem is u might loose the summer waiting while your unit sits. Been there done that. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:12 PM   #40

Quote:
Problem is u might loose the summer waiting while your unit sits. Been there done that. Good luck.
Thanks