Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-06-2018, 08:40 AM   #1

Jayco Jay Flight SLX 145RB corner jacks

Next week I'll be picking up my new trailer. This model comes with the corner jacks/supports/levelers, in the rear end. My question is, since it doesn't come with anything in the front corners, what's the best ones to buy?
Do I screw into the frame? I read that a number of owners have them welded.
Any suggestions/brands/where to buy etc would be greatly appreciated.
Musicman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #2

Great question because I am in the same situation with my SLX 195RB. Currently I use the jacks with the screw top for support. Of course, I have to pack them. I would like to mount new front supports so I don't have to dig them out every trip. Let's hope for some responses.
Kozmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:38 AM   #3

Here is a link to a great deal on Amazon, they are on backorder but for $27 a pair for good quality worth the wait. My stabilizers are just attached with self tapping screws, an easy quick install.

https://www.amazon.com/Eaz-Lift-Stab...bilizing+jacks
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:56 AM   #4

What a fantastic deal and they look excellent! I think they should bolt on to the frame with no problem. I'm going for it. Thanks
Kozmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:02 PM   #5

We have a 145RB we purchased last summer. I say try it out first before adding jacks to the front.

I initially thought I would need jacks installed on the front but after using the unit for 20+ nights camping, we don't feel they are necessary. We do use (yellow) plastic stabilizer pads under the back jacks and instead of using the wheel on the front tongue we use a Detachable Footplate w/ Pin for 2" Diameter Jacks with a stabilizer pad. Our trailer is very solid with this arrangement.

We are going to get the axle flip next month so it will be interesting to see if we feel differently after the modification.
Tiguan Tow r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:17 PM   #6

From my experience stabilizing from four points has always been much better than three.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiguan Tow r View Post
We have a 145RB we purchased last summer. I say try it out first before adding jacks to the front.

I initially thought I would need jacks installed on the front but after using the unit for 20+ nights camping, we don't feel they are necessary. We do use (yellow) plastic stabilizer pads under the back jacks and instead of using the wheel on the front tongue we use a Detachable Footplate w/ Pin for 2" Diameter Jacks with a stabilizer pad. Our trailer is very solid with this arrangement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
From my experience stabilizing from four points has always been much better than three.
Tig, I will see how it goes with my first time out. Yet, as Sundancer330 remarked and I agree, having 4 stable corners is much better/safer.
I just want to stay away from having to "crank" down/up corner jacks. I'd rather get the spring loaded ones, w/adjustable feet pads.
Dave
Musicman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman24 View Post
Tig, I will see how it goes with my first time out. Yet, as Sundancer330 remarked and I agree, having 4 stable corners is much better/safer.
I just want to stay away from having to "crank" down/up corner jacks. I'd rather get the spring loaded ones, w/adjustable feet pads.
Dave
Just use a cordless drill with the supplied socket, takes about 15 seconds per jack to run them up/down, can't get any easier.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:12 PM   #9

just buy the OEM here and go to THE Home store for bolts after drilling holes in frame mounting area.
Doesn't take long and they will be good fit. $20 each but they fit the frame.
DomarProducts - Quality Trailer Parts For Less!

See mine installed in my album.
esunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman24 View Post
Next week I'll be picking up my new trailer. This model comes with the corner jacks/supports/levelers, in the rear end. My question is, since it doesn't come with anything in the front corners, what's the best ones to buy?
Do I screw into the frame? I read that a number of owners have them welded.
Any suggestions/brands/where to buy etc would be greatly appreciated.
We went to the Jayco dealer and had them install the same jacks as on the rear. They are bolted to the front frame.
Astronuts is offline   Reply With Quote