Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #1

Jayco Jayflight city water hookup

We recently bought a Jayco Jayflight 22FB travel trailer. We have not yet been able to take it on its initial shakedown trip. Reading the trailer manual and looking under the trailer at the tank, it appears the city water hookup hose goes into the freshwater tank. The drift I get from the manual is that the city water hookup is simply one of two ways to fill the freshwater tank, the other being gravity fill (pour out of a container or something). I thought the city water hookup bypassed filling the fresh water tank. Can somebody with a similar model please clarify for me?

Thanks,

Mike
mikefos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #2

Hi Mike,

Your city water should not go directly into your freshwater holding tank. You should either have a seperate input to fill the freshwater tank or have to open a valve to allow water into the tank from the City Water input connection.

Jim

BTW, welcome to the group, glad to have you.

Jim
Priscilla, best friend & navigator.
Hank (5 year old black & tan Dachshund)
Cocoa (3 year old brown & tan dapple Dachshund)
2010 Fleetwood Excursion 30a
Toad is a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X
(We traded in our F250 and Jayco Eagle)
One Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #3

Right, I have to inbound ports, one labeled city water and the other gravity fill. I crawled under the trailer and followed the city water hookup hose behind the connection and it goes into the tank, which sort of baffles me.

Thanks,

Mike
mikefos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #4

Mike, Welcome aboard. The city water line should not go into your fresh water holding tank. I wonder if it has a valve attached behind the tank ( where you can't see it) that routes it into the campers plumbing.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #5

City water

I have a 2008 G2 27BH. I doubt that the city water goes into the tank. I say that because when I hook up city water, I get instant flow to faucets. If the water were to go into the tank first, would that be the case?

I have sent a couple of questions to the customer service e-mail for Jayco and received back responses the next day.
Sheetmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #6

City water definitely does not go into the tank on our Flight 26BH. It comes in to a tee that connects the output of the water pump to the line that distributes the water to the faucets, toilet and water heater. The pump pumps water out of the tank and provides the pressure when there is no city hookup. If you have city water hooked up, the utility provides the pressure.

Look at the connections from the pump. They're under the kitchen sink in our unit. Maybe you can trace the hose backwards from the tee fitting after the pump up to the city connection.
RedOrGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #7

Jayco and Starcraft user manuals for the 22fb and 235fb (Starcraft clone) are very confusing on this matter.
I think when they say there are two ways to fill your fresh water tank, they actually mean the following:
1. Use gravity fill - pour water from a non-pressurized container into your fresh water port.
2. Use city water fill - use your hose that is attached to a pressurized spigot and put the other end of the hose into your fresh water port (not your city water port!).
Unless you have done a specific modification on your own, I don't believe the city port will fill your fresh water tank, although Jayco's manual seems to indicate that it will.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #8

with our 22fb the city water bypasses the fresh water tank and the gravity fill is the 90 gallon fresh water tank, therefore when dry camping fill the gravity holding tank and use the water pump and when on pressurized city water just hook up city water and open the faucet. we use a water filter when using either one.

2011 GMC Serria Ext Cab LB
2012 Jayflight 22FB
edowsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #9

Jayco Jayflight city water hookup

On our 26bh the city water ignores the tank. No pump needed.
Ecfeick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by edowsfamily View Post
with our 22fb the city water bypasses the fresh water tank and the gravity fill is the 90 gallon fresh water tank, therefore when dry camping fill the gravity holding tank and use the water pump and when on pressurized city water just hook up city water and open the faucet. we use a water filter when using either one.
Holy cow!!! a 90 gallon FW tank in a 22FB? What a luxury! Our 21FB only has a 37 gal FW tank. I cant even imagine trying to lug around a full 90 gal tank! (I know...who carries FW around anyways?) How big are your black and grey tanks (just looked...32.5 each....)? How do they fit all that under a 22FB? Guess its time for me to upgrade!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #11

Where does the fresh water fill hose go? Did you trace it? Maybe the installers got the pipes mixed up?
Amateur Photographer
Family History Researcher
Former Canoe Camper & Retired Airline Pilot
tjerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #12

there are two tanks in the center, and it takes a loooooooooooooong time to full them, so if it is just a two day trip i only fill about 2/3 or just shy of 2/3

2011 GMC Serria Ext Cab LB
2012 Jayflight 22FB
edowsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote