Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #21

WIBadger - I can't disagree with your assumptions. Sounds to me like it's the AC manufacturer's issue, but I would have expected a bit more help from Jayco. That being said, we haven't heard Jayco's version, and there's always two sides.

Jayco actually honored their warranty with us - over $4000.00 to replace the roof and some other minor issues - but the "accessories" such as the ac, fridge, stove etc., which are all individually covered, haven't been an issue to us, so I've no experience dealing with them. As Tafische alludes, talking with Jayco directly to see what they can do to help might work.

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #22

So this is what our dealer did...
They told us that there is a two year warranty from Jayco, but some items are under "manufacturers warranty" at that time. Then they told us that they (our dealership) fill out all the registration cards for their customers and send them in for them as part of their service. That way no one is left in the lurch due to forgetting to send in the cards.
After the Jayco warranty expires, they offer an in house extra 5 years parts and labour warranty which they offered us for $1200.00 and which we bought because in the past a single repair on our RV has cost us over $1000.00.
So I thought this was pretty good service and a very good warranty. The next seven years will tell how well they honour it.

Our trailer is also a Jay flight and I just checked in my manual and the air conditioner comes with a two year manufacturers warranty.. so if your dealer did not tell you to register it, or didn't do it for you.. then thats where the issue is.
My husband and I have a car dealership and sell preowned vehicles. When we sell warranty we go through very carefully with the customer, to explain that they need to have regular oil changes and keep the receipts from the oil changes, or it defaults their warranty...
If the RV dealer was only excited to sell you the RV and not interested in after market services and the 10-20 friends you will tell about your experience, then he is very short sighted in terms of growing his business.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #23

As we have only had our JAYCO since late March of this year this has raised a lot of questions in my mind. Per the Jayco manual, page 9, bottom paragraph - "In addition, this limited warranty DOES NOT COVER any material, component or part of the RV that is warranted by another entity, including by way of example handling braking, wheel balance, muffler, tires, tubes, batteries, gauges, generator, hot water heater, water pump, stove, carbon monoxide detector, smoke detector, furnace or any air conditioner."

I reviewed all of the warranties that were included in my packet and could not find one on the microwave so I don't know on it. The refrigerator by Norcold, probably the most expensive appliance is a ONE YEAR warranty from Norcold. They even include an extended warranty you can buy during the first year from Norcold to extend the warranty on the fridge. They awning from Colorado Free you have to go to the website to download the warranty - ONE YEAR. The antenna - 2 years parts, ONE YEAR labor. The furnace thermostat - ONE YEAR. The tires are Powerking and the warranty is based on tread wear but REQUIRES THE DEALER OF THE TIRE TO BALANCE - neither Jayco or the TT dealer do this! So the warranty is void if you don't have it done as soon as you buy it and hope that will suffice with Powerking to enforce their warranty - again this had to be located on the internet.

Like I say, I'll be looking at buying a Good Sam insurance warranty at the end of a year - this is too much for Jayco to say they give a 2 year warranty.

Now if you go to the website as we did before buying and find this page http://www.jayco.com/pages/warranty/ and it causes a prospective buyer to believe everything is covered by Jayco for 2 years - until you buy and get the manual and read the real warranty!!! Like the OP stated - buyer beware!
Charolaisbreeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywendolyn View Post
So this is what our dealer did...
They told us that there is a two year warranty from Jayco, but some items are under "manufacturers warranty" at that time. Then they told us that they (our dealership) fill out all the registration cards for their customers and send them in for them as part of their service. That way no one is left in the lurch due to forgetting to send in the cards.
After the Jayco warranty expires, they offer an in house extra 5 years parts and labour warranty which they offered us for $1200.00 and which we bought because in the past a single repair on our RV has cost us over $1000.00.
So I thought this was pretty good service and a very good warranty. The next seven years will tell how well they honour it.

Our trailer is also a Jay flight and I just checked in my manual and the air conditioner comes with a two year manufacturers warranty.. so if your dealer did not tell you to register it, or didn't do it for you.. then thats where the issue is.
My husband and I have a car dealership and sell preowned vehicles. When we sell warranty we go through very carefully with the customer, to explain that they need to have regular oil changes and keep the receipts from the oil changes, or it defaults their warranty...
If the RV dealer was only excited to sell you the RV and not interested in after market services and the 10-20 friends you will tell about your experience, then he is very short sighted in terms of growing his business.
Lady Wendolyn,

Here in the States it is a very much different story on mailing back in warranty cards. In our state (Alabama) our state law is written that you do not have to return any card/sheet etc. to activate a warranty as long as you can prove the date of purchase. We normally just staple our receipts in the front of our manuals and a copy of that is sufficient per our state law that the manufacturer must honor their warranty. This law was passed many years ago when manufacturers were using the lack of a mailed back card to refuse warranty repairs. One time our lawmakers got it right! Saying that - there were no cards in my warranty packet so our dealer did fill them out and mail them back in but if there is any question our bill of sale/title registration (even on file with the state) will become the official date they have to honor.
Charolaisbreeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #25

I'm on my third microwave with my 2010 Jay Flight 31RKS TT and each time the microwave manufacturer replaced it AFTER I went through my Jayco dealer (Johnston RV, Webster, NY). Can't complain about that!
2011 Silverado Ext. Cab, 6.6 Turbo Diesel, Integrated Brake, 3.73
Reese Dual Cam hitch
KFay1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #26

I had the outside fridge replaced after one year, did not go through appliance maker, I went through my local Jayco dealer and they handled everything through Jayco. This was done under the two year bumper to bumper warranty.......

There may well be a Paul Harvey version of this.....The rest of the story. If they said they needed the old parts, I don't see the problem with sending in the old parts, just MHO
w/ active anti-sway
JAMMFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #27

Last month while camping had a problem with the air conditioner. Took it to a Jayco Dealer and long story short dealer e-mailed the Coleman co and within 15 minutes they e-mailed back to go ahead and change out the air for a brand new one. Now I have a 2 year warrenty on the new air.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #28

2 months after my warranty expired one of my window shades broke. I called my dealer and they contacted Jayco. Jayco sent me a new window shade that I installed. Even though my warranty expired Jayco was willing to pay my dealer to install it if I did not want to do the work myself.
In this case I know the ac unit is much more expensive so I am sure Jayco will not cover it but the manufacturer should.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyotraveler View Post
Here is the problem. If I spent $800 in fuel and a couple nights of lodging driving almost 500 miles to the nearest Jayco official dealer they MAY have covered it under warranty. I would have to make two trips. One to drop off, and one to pick it up. I told the RV dealer to just fix it I'll pay. Instead he did everything he could to explain the facts to Coleman and Jayco about the distance and they just said too bad. We won't change out policy for anyone. Once the local RV dealer told them OK just send the parts because your Jayco owner said he isn't going to drive that far they were upset. THEY WANT THE BAD PARTS!! Too bad Jayco and Coleman. Coleman said they were going to delay shipment because I refused to drive to a Jayco dealer. Local dealer said don't worry they will send them but they are just upset you refused to humble yourself to them and they aren't going to get the bad parts. I do still like my Jayco TT but now I understand that the Coleman A/C is the weakest link in their TT line. All the parts come from China. My extended warranty kicks in in another 6 months but if I have more problems with the A/C I'm going to change it out for another brand of A/C.
So the Jayco trailer wasn't towed to Jayco for the repair. That is apparently why Coleman won't honor the warranty. I think it would have been covered with no problem had you towed it there. You could have made it a camping trip by taking it there, having them look at it and order a new A/C unit and then having them install it while you wait that day. It really depends on the dealer though as they make or break the warranty. Our local dealer bends over backwards for the trailer owner when fighting warranty issues.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #30

Traveler, I've had nothing bit problems once I but my 2011 19bh last summer. Jolley Rogers here in Cheyenne won't honor anything whatsoever because I didn't buy I from them. I've had really great customer service and resolutions with k&c rv in Longmont. Jayco takes an eternity to procure and ship parts, but ultimately k&c has tried and they've fixed all my problems so far. Like you, m dealership is about 100 miles away and it sucks to spend time and fuel taking it back and forth. I think my newly replaced converter might be bad again. I'm going to troubleshoot tomorrow.
wyo7011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo7011 View Post
Jolley Rogers here in Cheyenne won't honor anything whatsoever because I didn't buy I from them.
Sounds like a business I wouldn't buy from in the first place and I would tell them that
1985 21' Hi-Lo (Sold)
93 Yamaha G9A

Dirtfan is offline   Reply With Quote