Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2015, 07:29 PM   #1

Jayco LP quick connect for grill

Hello All!!! We have a 2016 Jayco 28 BHBE travel trailer. It has a LP quick connect already installed for use with a grill. The fitting that I got from Camping World does not fit,, I can only assume that this is because their fitting is not a MR. Heater fitting like I got from Camping World. Does anyone know which brand it would be? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all and HAPPY CAMPING.

ValenciaFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:35 PM   #2
Site Team

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...nections+grill

Check out this thread.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:06 PM   #3

I had the same issue...it was easiest to replace the QD on the TT and install a new one, with more standard fittings. I wrote Jayco asking what brand they used, and they wrote back saying I didn't order the grill so didn't get the hose....well duh... I wrote them back thanking them for an answer to a question I never asked. Bottom line what they use is not a standard fitting typically available.

Good Luck
Old 10-22-2015, 08:45 AM   #4

What I did

I was able to buy the male end at the jayco dealer and took it to the local propane dealership where they built the hose, to whatever length you want. I think that cost about $12. The fitting at the rv dealer was probablt almost that too.
My rv came with the bbq but I wanted to modify my bbq to use. Was able to get the correct fittins and a 6' hose.

2013 Eagle 29.5RKS
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #5

Wasn't able to find a hose specifically for this, but based on our experience with our pup, I really wanted to keep using our Coleman Road Trip grill.

I decided to buy a T splitter (Camco) that connects to one of your tanks prior to the regulator and about 20 feet of hose with a ThrowAway connector at the other end. We can keep the grill well away from the TT and the awning this way. I don't really like my grill too close to the TT especially with the tenting on a hybrid.

Still looking for an outdoor stove to mount to the side rail like we had on the pup. That will use the QC connection.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:44 PM   #6

I bought the trailer AND male connector from the same Camping World store. Didn't fit!

I was told by a tech that the nose on the new fitting was too long.

Under the heading of "Don't Try This At Home", I ground off 1/4" of the nose of the fitting. Careful Testing shows a leak free connection. I'll be using the setup next year too!

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:30 PM   #7

Not 100% sure but I think the quick disconnect fitting used on LP and on natural gas are of differing sizes so you don't connect the wrong appliance to the wrong gas type.

I also think the high pressure and low pressure quick connects are different too. I believe Mr Heater uses high pressure and the fitting on your trailer is probably low pressure.

Here's a little info

http://www.propaneproducts.com/catal...tors-39-1.html
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:34 PM   #8

I have the same trailer and had the same issue.

If you walk into American Propane; 1509 Exchange Ave, OKC and tell them what you want to do, they will make you what you want.

I gave them $50 for a custom made hose with quick connects. They knew exactly what I needed. They only asked me how long of a hose I wanted.
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:45 PM   #9

Is this something like this you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

Don't have the trailer and Weber grill yet, but trying to prepare a list of the stuff to buy.

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Wasn't able to find a hose specifically for this, but based on our experience with our pup, I really wanted to keep using our Coleman Road Trip grill.

I decided to buy a T splitter (Camco) that connects to one of your tanks prior to the regulator and about 20 feet of hose with a ThrowAway connector at the other end. We can keep the grill well away from the TT and the awning this way. I don't really like my grill too close to the TT especially with the tenting on a hybrid.

Still looking for an outdoor stove to mount to the side rail like we had on the pup. That will use the QC connection.
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #10

Check this hose and see if it fit you needs, MB Sturgis 120" Quick Connect to 1lb Bottle Hose.
http://www.dyersonline.com/mb-sturgi...BocaAvco8P8HAQ

ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote