Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2017, 06:03 PM   #21

I don't blame your wife for refusing to sleep on that stone slab. A better mattress or a topper might save the day.
ScottyLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:32 PM   #22

We spent one weekend on the mattress our 23 BHM came with before replacing it. We went with a Zinus 8" after seeing great reviews on amazon. I believe that I also saw it mentioned in a few posts on this forum.

Zinus Sleep Master Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 8 Inch Mattress,*Short Queen https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BW7H5G6..._spR.yb2J4J0GS

We went with 8" instead of 10" because I was concerned that the 10" might not fold up against the wall easily with sheets and a comforter on. Having used it one weekend now I can say that there would have been plenty of room for the 10". But, the 8" is certainly very comfortable and I'm not sure the 10" could be more comfortable anyway.
sfarw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:28 AM   #23

Unhappy New Jayco Mattress bad after 3 nights.

Just took delivery of our new 24 RBS. My wife decided to try things out camping in the driveway, three nights. After 3 nights (she's 145 pounds) there is a good size dent in the middle of the Simmons mattress. We also added a 4 inch topper, and it still is a cement slab. A mattress should not have a permanent sag after three nights use. From this thread I see we are not alone. With all of Jayco's hype about their two year warranty and quality.. is there no recourse? Has anyone's dealer been helpful? Haven't called them yet.
davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:29 PM   #24

We bought a sleep number bed. We modified it to fit and we absolutely love it. Found one on Craigslist. Sanitized it and we removed one of the foam edges and it fit well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hivoltage98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:47 PM   #25

1 Season with Denver "mattress" and DONE!

At first, we had a topper on the Denver (they must be Rocky Mountain high if this is a residential) mattress. Worked OK, for about 30 nights. It's done and so is our backs. Army bunks were more comfortable.

DW and I 180-200 lbs each. So we did not crush the Denver "whatever".

Ordered a Parklane Explorer Mattress from Amazon based on the reviews. It's innercoil with non-gel eurotopper style. It is firm and I suspect we will still use a topper but, hope to get more than about 30 nights out of it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Based on their lack of quality, we will refrain from spending any money on any Denver Mattress.

<><
Rivercityjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:16 PM   #26

Thanks for this wonderful Thread. we just got our new to us 2011 Jay Feather and the mattress was terrible. Thanks to this thread we found a Brentwood that is wonderful. Thanks to everyone here for all the great info. this is the mattress we bought and it is totaly awesome... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
njgsregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:01 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by davolson View Post
Just took delivery of our new 24 RBS. My wife decided to try things out camping in the driveway, three nights. After 3 nights (she's 145 pounds) there is a good size dent in the middle of the Simmons mattress. We also added a 4 inch topper, and it still is a cement slab. A mattress should not have a permanent sag after three nights use. From this thread I see we are not alone. With all of Jayco's hype about their two year warranty and quality.. is there no recourse? Has anyone's dealer been helpful? Haven't called them yet.
Hate to hear of your woes, but at least it proves my mattress collapsing was not due to my weight.
Ours too has a good-sized dent in it and as it's under warranty, we're hoping to have Jayco replace it. My fear is that we jump through Jayco's hoops, get it replaced and the new one is no better.
Ours looks like the invisible man is sleeping in it
deewaltguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #28

Ditto...memory foam was the answer for us too
luvsgoldens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:55 AM   #29
PMC

The mattress that came in our 27DSRL was pretty bad but we nursed it along for a season and a half with a topper but it was still not good. Neither of us are large people (125/165) and the mattress had deep body shaped holes after a short time.
Replaced it with a higher end foam mattress from a local mattress company that's been fantastic. They tell us it's the same mattress they make for Winnebago who charges 900 dollar upgrade fee for it. Not sure that's actually a fact but it's a fine mattress and cost under 500 bucks.

Whenever we get a new trailer the bed will get a one weekend tryout and it'll be tossed if it's as bad as our denver mattress was.
PMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:11 AM   #30

It is painfully obvious that we will have to buy a new mattress when we get our new FW. We had the same problem with the Puma we bought 4 years ago. Went to Amazon and purchased a Dynasty Mattress Short RV Queen 10 inch Gel foam mattress and never had a bad night sleeping. Unfortunately, the new camper will have a full size queen so we can't swap the mattresses when we trade it in....It will be another Amazon purchase except a full size queen this time. Hope whomever buys our old camper appreciates it as much as we have....
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandC View Post
Just bought a Jay Flight sls 212qbw. Like everything fine, has everything my wife and I need in a small trailer.

The problem is, it has the worst mattress I've ever tried to sleep on. The label says "Simmons residential sleep system, made exclusively for Jayco."

We've camped in it for a total of 8 nights since we bought it about a month ago and its already got holes on both sides where we lay. My wife refuses to sleep on it so we're going to have to shop for a new mattress.

Has anyone else had this problem?
We have added a layer of memory foam to ours but I've found that the mattresses in our bunk house are more comfortable... We are probably going to add another layer of foam and see how it works. Good luck!
Baker1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:27 AM   #32

Follow up: Sent a picture of the big "dip" in the mattress after 3 nights use to the dealer and they DID replace it under warranty, no questions asked. They would not issue any sort of credit so I could get something different. Picked up the new mattress yesterday and interestingly enough there were other simmons mattresses that had come in the truck that same day. Dealer said, "yeah jayco recently went back to this simmons mattress". I dont expect the results to be any different, but it had been feeling better with a memory foam topper on top.
davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:37 AM   #33

Since there is near universal dissatisfaction with the oem mattresses, it would seem manufacturers would see that as an opportunity to offer upgraded bedding and increase their profits. IMHO most mattresses aren't worth a hoot, but are far better than the junk we're getting.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Since there is near universal dissatisfaction with the oem mattresses, it would seem manufacturers would see that as an opportunity to offer upgraded bedding and increase their profits. IMHO most mattresses aren't worth a hoot, but are far better than the junk we're getting.
I agree. Another missed opportunity IMO is the A/V systems. Furrion and Jensen are sub par. Wouldn't it be nice if say Sony or someone of that caliber would offer a direct plug and play replacement
Old 06-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #35

Jayco Mattress

Just bought a 2017 38BHDS, slept in it once, the mattress is the worst thing I have ever slept on. Is it made of burlap bags? It sank so bad in the spots where my wife and I slept it was like sleeping on the wooden frame.

I let it rest for a week with nothing on it and it never regained any of its form.

Jayco hopefully does something for us or we will never buy another Jayco.
Skidooguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:00 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidooguy68 View Post

Jayco hopefully does something for us or we will never buy another Jayco.

I know some folks have gotten $150 credit rather than having Jayco replace it with another piece of junk. That's the best you can expect. It has to meet certain 'sunk in' criteria to qualify for the credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2017, 02:25 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
I know some folks have gotten $150 credit rather than having Jayco replace it with another piece of junk. That's the best you can expect. It has to meet certain 'sunk in' criteria to qualify for the credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its has more than 2 imches of dip on both sides. Dealer says they will take care of it. We shall see
Skidooguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:24 PM   #38

OME Mattress Quality

Hey folks, throw out the OME mattress and get you a 10 to 12" Memory Foam from Amazon for 3 to 4 hundred bucks and if you are lucky, life will go on and you will sleep happily ever after
mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #39

We bought a 264BHW last year and after 2 weeks of use we noticed wholes on the sides. I contacted Jayco directly and my dealer exchange it for a new one. This year we tried the new one (and it was really new on its box and plastic) and after some nights same thing, same problem. We will buy a foam asap. Only downpoint of Jayco so far.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:37 AM   #40

In 2013, we bought a 10" Dynasty Mattress from Amazon for our old trailer. When we recently bought our new 23RB, we moved the 10" foam mattress form the old trailer to the new trailer. It really works well for us. Love the way it sleeps.

It's a bit heavy so I'm glad this trailer came with the 100# struts to hold the bed up when getting stuff from the under bed storage.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote