We are currently 4 days after purchase and no dealer close to me will accept an appointment for Jayco Warantee unless I purchased the unit from them. So Jayco world famous warantee well is really only for your purchase dealer.
Heres a list of items that i have issue with after staying at a KOA the night of purchase..
#2, #3 and #4 are really the serious ones.
1) rim grease hub cover is missing
2) a/c unit leaked all inside the cabinets
3) front door has a gap on top of about 3/4 inch so it does not seal.
4) door does not close unleas you pull the latch open, installed incorrectly
5) front window leaks in while on highway
6) a wood frame piece fell off under the sink area
7) passanger side tail light retains water
Is it worth driving 4hrs for an evaluation which I can not leave the unit there since they dont have space and Jayco takes months to send warantee parts.
What yall think..
Originally Posted by bdreinv
We are almost three years into ownership of our Eagle.I mean tons of warranty. The secret is getting an RV dealer to do the warranty.I would get going on your warrant immediately!Our experience with Jayco is to run you out of time on the 2 year warranty!Oh yes there always friendly seem interested in your problems!Don't wait.