Jayco RV Owners Forum
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-22-2018, 11:11 AM   #1
Member
 
enri1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Cutler Bay
Posts: 51
Jayco Quality

Well after upgradimg my hybird to a jayfeather I drove away fom the dealer and stayed the night in my new shinny RV 2019 model but by morning I have a list of defects. Has anyone experienced this? I had major water leaks on my previous 2015 double murphy bed hybird but this one does not even have slide outs..

Heres my list to see if anyone else has had this.

Hub grease cover missing on 1 rim.
AC leaks inside cabinet and window under it.
Door does not seal.
Door hatch does not close easy / right.
Front window leaks in rain while driving.
Passanger side tail light takes in water.
Wood frame under sink in cabinet has come off.
Some cabinets open while on highway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180520_110943.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	39950Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180520-WA0002.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	39951Click image for larger version

Name:	20180520_105404.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	39952Click image for larger version

Name:	20180520_133302.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	39953Click image for larger version

Name:	20180520_093052.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	39954
__________________

__________________
Enri Gonz
Cutler Bay, Florida
2007 Chevy Avalanche LTZ
2019 - Jayco - JayFeather SLX 174BH
enri1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:33 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: bowmanville
Posts: 4
We purchased 2017 Jayco fifth wheel last fall, haven't used it yet, minor issues, possibly one major, waiting to hear back from dealer. I had to remove some panels to get at a slideout controller, look like the wiring was done by kindergarten student playing with string. You think a company could invest in wire ties!!
__________________

glennhillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:40 AM   #3
Member
 
enri1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Cutler Bay
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennhillier View Post
We purchased 2017 Jayco fifth wheel last fall, haven't used it yet, minor issues, possibly one major, waiting to hear back from dealer. I had to remove some panels to get at a slideout controller, look like the wiring was done by kindergarten student playing with string. You think a company could invest in wire ties!!
Well I really thought this one was gonna be a great upgrade since my previlus 2015 with double murphy beds was a true nighmare.

What I have learned is to send an email to jauyo asap, so they register your initial complaint so the world famous warantee doea not pass you by..
Trust me... email them...
__________________
Enri Gonz
Cutler Bay, Florida
2007 Chevy Avalanche LTZ
2019 - Jayco - JayFeather SLX 174BH
enri1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:42 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,846
We are almost three years into ownership of our Eagle.I mean tons of warranty. The secret is getting an RV dealer to do the warranty.I would get going on your warrant immediately!Our experience with Jayco is to run you out of time on the 2 year warranty!Oh yes there always friendly seem interested in your problems!Don't wait.
Attached Thumbnails
Flag 2003 xx.jpg  
bdreinv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:00 AM   #5
Member
 
enri1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Cutler Bay
Posts: 51
We are currently 4 days after purchase and no dealer close to me will accept an appointment for Jayco Warantee unless I purchased the unit from them. So Jayco world famous warantee well is really only for your purchase dealer.

Heres a list of items that i have issue with after staying at a KOA the night of purchase..

#2, #3 and #4 are really the serious ones.

1) rim grease hub cover is missing
2) a/c unit leaked all inside the cabinets
3) front door has a gap on top of about 3/4 inch so it does not seal.
4) door does not close unleas you pull the latch open, installed incorrectly
5) front window leaks in while on highway
6) a wood frame piece fell off under the sink area
7) passanger side tail light retains water

Is it worth driving 4hrs for an evaluation which I can not leave the unit there since they dont have space and Jayco takes months to send warantee parts.

What yall think..


Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
We are almost three years into ownership of our Eagle.I mean tons of warranty. The secret is getting an RV dealer to do the warranty.I would get going on your warrant immediately!Our experience with Jayco is to run you out of time on the 2 year warranty!Oh yes there always friendly seem interested in your problems!Don't wait.
__________________
Enri Gonz
Cutler Bay, Florida
2007 Chevy Avalanche LTZ
2019 - Jayco - JayFeather SLX 174BH
enri1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:33 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
BrentB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin
Posts: 176
Unfortunately issues like these are fairly common from all manufacturers these days. You definitely want to get the water leaks and seal issues taken care of, the sooner the better. It might be helpful to contact Jayco and let them know about your issues and the fact that no local dealers will help. If they are Jayco dealers, Jayco may be able to get them to help you. Be aware though, it may take several months to get it all done.
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:37 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Worcester
Posts: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by enri1982 View Post
We are currently 4 days after purchase and no dealer close to me will accept an appointment for Jayco Warantee unless I purchased the unit from them. So Jayco world famous warantee well is really only for your purchase dealer.

Heres a list of items that i have issue with after staying at a KOA the night of purchase..

#2, #3 and #4 are really the serious ones.

1) rim grease hub cover is missing
2) a/c unit leaked all inside the cabinets
3) front door has a gap on top of about 3/4 inch so it does not seal.
4) door does not close unleas you pull the latch open, installed incorrectly
5) front window leaks in while on highway
6) a wood frame piece fell off under the sink area
7) passanger side tail light retains water

Is it worth driving 4hrs for an evaluation which I can not leave the unit there since they dont have space and Jayco takes months to send warantee parts.

What yall think..
Yup. There is a major shortage of RV techs in the field. They are unable to keep up with servicing the booming number of new RV's being sold. It's common that dealers will -1) not work on rigs they didn't sell, or -2) work on them, but put non buying customers at the bottom of a long wait list. Sometimes months out.

Jayco will sometimes approve repairs by independent non Jayco RV shops. I would call Jayco directly and inquire about this. I'm not sure if Jayco pays the shop directly, or if you pay the shop, then get reimbursed.
__________________
2016 Jay Flight 38FDDS
jloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,846
Jayco Quality

Would you think they would do a leak test before they leave the factory! Obviously not our camper is almost 3 years old. We will never ever ever buy a new camper again! Three year of head aches!
Attached Thumbnails
xxxLP Camping 3-18.jpg  
bdreinv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:36 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Worcester
Posts: 1,203
Supposedly they have a ‘rain’ booth, but I thought I read that only every 5th trailer or something gets tested in there.
__________________
2016 Jay Flight 38FDDS
jloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:18 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
cekkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 2,587
My 7 year old Eagle is still nearly perfect. Bolt on main door doesn't work. That's it. We will be selling it in a couple of months, and I doubt if anyone will believe me.

I'd never buy a new one today.
__________________

__________________
'11 Eagle 320RLDS
'02 F350 PSD Dually 4WD
DW's Ride, '13 Expedition
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jacyo, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.