Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #1

Jayco Quality?????????? A comment.

I bought a used 2012 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Light 221.

It appeared to have never been used. The previous owner confirmed same.

Found the only drawer did not have a complete latch to keep it closed. Never installed. The radio speaker on and off switches for the Jenson, do not work as designed,or not at all.
The original shipping ticket showing all the amenities and options, show Radial tires, but they are bias ply.
These are the original tires, I believe.
Now I bought it as a used unit, and I am completely satisfied with it, but I am just making an observation.

Jimw606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:58 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

ok

nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:02 PM   #3

I would not put much weight into what you found since you do not know the history of the TT.
2010 Jayco Jay Flight G-2 32 BHDS
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #4

I've found that owning a camper is no different than owning a home. Whether they are new or used, there ARE going to be things that need fixing and it helps to be handy. But, that's part of the fun of ownership in my opinion!
12VOLTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:55 PM   #5

I always buy used...That said, buying used, you never really know for sure what is a manufacturing defect and what was "broken" by the previous owner. Radio could've been broken by previous owner. It's also possible the previous owner swapped out the radials for bias plies... You can speculate on all that, but why bother....Just enjoy. FWIW, I have no complaints about the 10-year-old X23B that I bought used.
kvangil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc616 View Post
I would not put much weight into what you found since you do not know the history of the TT.
I totally agree. Who would buy a trailer, never use it, and sell it at a major loss 2 yrs later?
Old 08-29-2014, 06:53 AM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I totally agree. Who would buy a trailer, never use it, and sell it at a major loss 2 yrs later?

someone who thought they might like camping and now realize they hate it. Or a death. Many reasons and likely happens quite often.
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:27 AM   #8

I'm guessing only about 10 percent of RV owners actually use them over 1 or 2 times. It's a dream that burst for lots. I was in a storage lot the other day looking at a used boat. There was RVs and boats everywhere, majority had flat tires or almost flat. You could tell they hadn't been moved for years. Rotting to the ground right there.

And on that 2012 the tires are probably close to 4 years old, if original, and time to change out. There is a date code on the side of the tire.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:57 AM   #9

Many years ago an acquaintance bought a new TT, used it once, then parked it in the drive. Used occasionally for a spare bedroom, then not used again. Eventually he and his wife both died, the older son and his family continued to live in the house and didn't get rid of the TT until his wife needed a parking space for another vehicle.
dapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:20 AM   #10

These people go to the RV shows, get all caught up in the glamor and see them selves siting up beside some crystal clear lake beside a fire with a full moon.
Then they actually go out...then they have to set up, hook everything up, level, back in..what's this..no water view...there's bugs here....there totally wore and stressed out from sitting up. Then what...gotta empty the crapper...what..this drawer don't work...what we got a water leak...crap...then they have to pack it all back in...there one and done. Then the RV just sits there.
You have to be a special person to RV..you need to have some mechanical skills..lots common sense..patience...hey it's a RV that's gonna get bounced all over the road..stuffs gonna break...if you can't fix minor stuff your RV will be at dealer for months. Screws always need tightens...roof sealed and on and on.
I've seen people take 1/2 day to get set up. Me..I'm done in 15 min.

Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote