Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #1

Jayco Sealants

Ok, so I just go off the phone with my local Jayco dealer and was informed by him that Jayco uses Quad Sealant for the sealant around doors and marker lights etc..... And that they use Alpha sealant on the roof. Does this sound correct to others on here? I have never heard of Alpha or Quad Sealant and have always used Dicor and Pro Flex. He insisted that the two he mentioned were superior and they are what the factory uses. For what it's worth he is a local dealer with a family owned business that everyone around here trusts.
certified106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by certified106 View Post
Ok, so I just go off the phone with my local Jayco dealer and was informed by him that Jayco uses Quad Sealant for the sealant around doors and marker lights etc..... And that they use Alpha sealant on the roof. Does this sound correct to others on here? I have never heard of Alpha or Quad Sealant and have always used Dicor and Pro Flex. He insisted that the two he mentioned were superior and they are what the factory uses. For what it's worth he is a local dealer with a family owned business that everyone around here trusts.
Quad sealant is available at Lowes, either, white, or, clear. The info you have is exactly what they told me. The Quad color is an off white they use at the factory. I had the color code, but, somehow misplaced it. Hope that helps. God Bless, Garry
bereta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:39 AM   #3

Great info. Thanks for that. I wonder what they use to remove it? If they have to do a repair at the factory it would be interesting to know what they use to remove all the adhesives.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #4

Yeah good point, the next time I am at the dealer I will ask him about that.
certified106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #5

Is this real different than the pro-flex? The pro-flex rubs off pretty easy when it gets old. I have a new Jayco, so haven't had to do this kind of maintenance yet but want to be prepared....
heppdj2 is offline   Reply With Quote