Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #1

jayco travel trailer eagle

We purchased our $ 30,000 travel trailer last May. We were very happy. We have dealt with problems from leaking propane to hot water heater catching on fire to as of two days ago water leaking in bathroom. There have been calls to camping world and the 800 number to No success I want to scream. There are other Jayco purchasers at our campsite with problems on new purchases. What does one do to get help?
helpme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:09 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi, and welcome to JOF!

You don't say whether your TT is still under warranty, but if it is, I would suggest contacting Jayco Customer Service. I'm sure they can assist you, especially if your problems involve warranty matters. Try calling them at 1-800-RV-JAYCO.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpme View Post
We purchased our $ 30,000 travel trailer last May. We were very happy. We have dealt with problems from leaking propane to hot water heater catching on fire to as of two days ago water leaking in bathroom. There have been calls to camping world and the 800 number to No success I want to scream. There are other Jayco purchasers at our campsite with problems on new purchases. What does one do to get help?
Welcome. I would document the damage with photos and go direct. Based on your provided purchase timeframe you still should have 10 months left on your 2 year warranty.

I have gone direct on many issues with good results and responses. Tell Jayco the issues you are having with the dealer and see if you can go somewhere else, even non Jayco. E-mail and phone in tandem as it usually take 24-48 hrs for an initial response. Go right through the web site with your VIN#.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:09 AM   #4

If your trailer is new you have two years of warranty. If you happen to be the second owner the warranty is not transferable. I can understand your frustration as we also had one problem after another for the first year and a half. Jayco took care of most items to our satisfaction and our trailer has been ok for the last year and a half. Good luck and stay on them, we had no problems with Jayco as they stood behind the warranty.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:23 AM   #5

I have had problem after problem with my trailer over the past 10 months of ownership. I have rode the dealer's back constantly with phone calls, photo's and visits to their store for repair after repair pertaining to the issues I am having.
Finally they go tired of it and put some pressure on Jayco. I am now waiting for another phone call from Jayco as to when they are going to pickup my trailer and return it to the factory for repair. (or at least they said they would call back)
I guess I'm supposed to be happy that they will even fix this trailer, personally I can't believe that this thing even got out of the factory. Its very apparent the quality control is non existent. This trailer is the 6th one I have owned over the years, and is also the second Jayco. So I understand the excepted belief by rv owners the you will always have some issues. This fiasco has soured me on rv'ing and especially Jayco.

If the trailer is still under warranty keep in their face. In reading between the lines while talking to the Jayco rep. product problems seem to be what they build the best.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #6

WE bought our Jayco Eagle 3 weeks ago. Yesterday we noticed there is a small tear in the shower floor. Prior to that my husband found an issue on the outside trim where it is coming apart. He has called the dealer many times and left messages and we have been ignored. I don't get it, we would be repeat customers if they treated us differently but now they have soured us. I guess we will be going direct to Jayco for help. Either that or my husband is threatening to give it back under the lemon law
:-)
cindytim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindytim View Post
WE bought our Jayco Eagle 3 weeks ago. Yesterday we noticed there is a small tear in the shower floor. Prior to that my husband found an issue on the outside trim where it is coming apart. He has called the dealer many times and left messages and we have been ignored. I don't get it, we would be repeat customers if they treated us differently but now they have soured us. I guess we will be going direct to Jayco for help. Either that or my husband is threatening to give it back under the lemon law
:-)
Cindy.... I don't know what state you live in, but where I live, Indiana does not include RV's in the lemon law.

I would contact Jayco and explain to them your problems you are having with a non-responsive dealer. Maybe thay can "shake" things up for you.

Either way.... Good Luck!
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote