Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-28-2019, 10:34 AM   #1

Jayco TV antenna?

Well this certainly made it not so clear. Sent e-mail to Jayco asking about antenna on 2020 Jay Feather, asking if there was any documentation with it. The reply came in and said to check with dealer, not a big problem kind of expected that, but doing online search yields nothing so if anyone knows how or where I can find information on this it would be appreciated. Just need to know more about it, Winegard always has a instruction manual or something but in the packet from dealer there is nothing. Anyway this is what the unit has according to Jayco.... TV Antenna: Jayco PN 0342149// ANTENNA,TV AM/FM SHARK FIN BLACK-STEINER

Vendor of Antenna: STEINER TECHNOLOGIES LLC

Any help would be appreciated.
Jolvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:10 AM   #2

[QUOTE=J Anyway this is what the unit has according to Jayco.... TV Antenna: Jayco PN 0342149// ANTENNA,TV AM/FM SHARK FIN BLACK-STEINER
[/QUOTE]

When I search GOOGLE for the Part Number 0342149 I get RF Coax not an antenna...

Look on the antenna and find part number...

Search google for "shark fin antenna black"

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:11 AM   #3

My Jayco factory manual packet has a manual for every mechanical item on the trailer... your's should too. If not, ask Jayco for the manual. I'd call them on the phone.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:22 AM   #4

On my POPUP Trailer I found a large envelope stuck between the water heater and the wall with all of the appliances and other things provided...

Look everywhere for your's haha..

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:42 PM   #5

When I Google the manufacturer, I see a list of sales reps by region. Did you try to reach out directly to one of those sales reps?
I would think they would be able to get you what you needed.
Brent Palm Harbor FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 04:53 PM   #6

Unknown Winegard?

My 2019 Jayco Eagle manual has one page showing the inside knobs that may be on your rig. Just SWAG factoring it, I see a picture on the Winegard Products site that says I have a UHF HDTV Antenna (non extendable). It has terrible reception compared to my old batwing Sensar with booster.

This will be my next project to investigate and maybe replace the head with the old tried a proven batwing on a stick with the crank. At first, I thought this was a King antenna that I broke twice before trading rig number 2.

Now I have something to do tonight.
Whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 05:40 PM   #7

Winegard Rayzar Z1

Could this be your antenna? This is supposed to be the bees knees but I think I need to raise mine using the old mast system.

I need more research on what the Fed. did to my favorite TV station with the reassignment thing concerning channels done so they could sell more freqs. to cell folks I guess. Mess up one thing to expand another.

https://winegard.com/products/hdtv-d...ayzar-z1-white

Mine happens to be black so pay no attention to the color.

The channels I can get are quite clear so the height of the antenna must be my problem. The old Sensar III was good to me for years. My RV is parked on the opposite side of my house from most local towers. This could be my problem now.
Whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsupchuck View Post
Could this be your antenna? This is supposed to be the bees knees but I think I need to raise mine using the old mast system.

I need more research on what the Fed. did to my favorite TV station with the reassignment thing concerning channels done so they could sell more freqs. to cell folks I guess. Mess up one thing to expand another.

https://winegard.com/products/hdtv-d...ayzar-z1-white

Mine happens to be black so pay no attention to the color.

The channels I can get are quite clear so the height of the antenna must be my problem. The old Sensar III was good to me for years. My RV is parked on the opposite side of my house from most local towers. This could be my problem now.
Not that one had that on previous trailer. Seems that it is a product made by Stiener Industries in Indiana
Old 05-15-2020, 06:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Clark View Post
I am a new RVer and I never use Jayco antenna before, but I am using Winegard because it is a popular antenna on the market and I am pretty satisfied with it. It can receive all VHF and UHF channels of the local programs as well as can receive more sub-channels not offered by satellite.

Not a Winegard for sure it is by Steiner Industries in Indiana and have kind of talked/chatted with them but that is still not what I want to know. Wish it was a Winegard they are easy and everyone knows about them.