Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2020, 08:11 PM   #1

Jayco vs. Winnebago

We have a 2018 Hummingbird that is just too small for the two of us and two med sized dogs. Plus we really want a bed that one can walk on either side of.

Questions: did you compare the Winnebago Micro Mini when you bought your trailer, and if you did, why did you pick Jayco over Winnebago? We're most interested in the 22 ft FBS but I know that doesn't really matter right now with my questions.

Were there quality issues or poor ratings/review for the Winnebago?

Should we try to sell our Jayco privately or negotiate a trade?

Any help greatly appreciated. I did search this forum to make sure there wasn't a similar post.

Any unbiased websites you recommend for me to read up on?
seredni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:12 PM   #2

IMO, ALWAYS sell privately! There’s several apps that focus on RV’s and are Nationwide. Don’t forget EBay, Fakebook, CL, OfferUp etc. NOW is definitely the time to post up yours for sale whether or not you have a replacement decision made, if they don’t know yours is for sale they’ll buy a different one. If you don’t get a offer you can always negotiate a trade but my suggestion is walk away from any initial offer...let them call you back and make a better offer!
Old 05-25-2020, 09:07 AM   #3

We really like our 2019 Hummingbird 17RK at it has served us well for 2 years. But as we gracefully age DW wants a walk around bed, larger fridge and a dry bath. Never looked at the Winnebago Micro Mini when we got our 'bird'. The floor plan you're looking at seems like a great fit for the two of you and your dogs. We're currently looking at this https://www.forestriverinc.com/rvs/t...ite/21FBRS/894 or it's sister https://www.forestriverinc.com/rvs/t...lite/2109S/908. Not much longer than our 'bird' and withing our towing limits.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:57 AM   #4

Such a similar layout to the Winnebago!

I looked at both of your floor plan models and they are amazingly similar as well as the floor and cupboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscampsin View Post
We really like our 2019 Hummingbird 17RK at it has served us well for 2 years. But as we gracefully age DW wants a walk around bed, larger fridge and a dry bath. Never looked at the Winnebago Micro Mini when we got our 'bird'. The floor plan you're looking at seems like a great fit for the two of you and your dogs. We're currently looking at this https://www.forestriverinc.com/rvs/t...ite/21FBRS/894 or it's sister https://www.forestriverinc.com/rvs/t...lite/2109S/908. Not much longer than our 'bird' and withing our towing limits.
seredni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:55 AM   #5

Previously had a Winnebago Minnie travel trailer. Out grew it with kids and needed a bigger trailer. Planned to go with a Winnebago Minnie plus, given very good experience with original camper. After shopping around, went with a Jayco Whitehawk, which was significantly less $ for a comparable unit versus the Winnebago with a similar floor plan. I would say the Jayco isn't built as well as my previous Winnebago Minnie, but to me it's OK given the price difference. I would buy my Jayco again over Winnebago and feel it's a much better value for what you get.
Thermalfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:56 AM   #6

Also sold Winnebago Minnie through RVT web posting and came out ahead of trade in values quoted by dealers.
Thermalfrost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hummingbird, winnebago