Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-02-2016, 06:52 PM   #1

Jayco Warranty Issue

I have a 2015 Jayco Jayflight 27 RLS that my left side wall is bowing it has been at the dealer for three weeks. I got an email today from the dealer stating that Jayco won't authorize them to repair it, that it needs to be repaired by Jayco in Indiana. The dealer is wanting me to pick up my camper. Shouldn't the dealer be working with Jayco to get the issue resolved? If it needs to go to Indiana why wouldn't they have it handled and taken back to Indiana? They're making it sound like I need to take it to Indiana and back. I plan on making a call tomorrow to Jayco. Has anyone else ever had a situation like this ?
Masa36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa36 View Post
Shouldn't the dealer be working with Jayco to get the issue resolved?
Definitely. But with that said you will probably get it resolved faster if you take it to the factory yourself. JAYCO and the dealer are at the mercy of the transport companies who are already short drivers.

In your case you are looking at about a 3 hr trip and it's not a bad ride. Been there done that.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:22 PM   #3

Quote:
I have a 2015 Jayco Jayflight 27 RLS that my left side wall is bowing it has been at the dealer for three weeks. I got an email today from the dealer stating that Jayco won't authorize them to repair it, that it needs to be repaired by Jayco in Indiana. The dealer is wanting me to pick up my camper. Shouldn't the dealer be working with Jayco to get the issue resolved? If it needs to go to Indiana why wouldn't they have it handled and taken back to Indiana? They're making it sound like I need to take it to Indiana and back. I plan on making a call tomorrow to Jayco. Has anyone else ever had a situation like this ?
Just thank your lucky stars that you live close to the factory. Imagine if you lived on the west coast and they said to "take it back to the factory".
Anyway, don't fuss to much about getting it there, just do it, get it repaired, and back before the warranty runs out.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:03 PM   #4

I've had to make that trip with previous rigs. Long way from mid-west Louisiana. Had to take a Tiffin to Alabama as well for big issues. Be glad you're close. Hit the road, get it fixed.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:36 PM   #5

I don't take my Chrysler back to Detroit for service. I'm sure as hell not taking my camper back to Indiana. What an inconvenience. I'll post an update tomorrow once I contact Jayco.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:37 PM   #6

If it were me I would listen to the regulars and take their advice! It's really just a hop, skip and a jump to the factory and your in charge of not its a wing and a prayer.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:26 AM   #7

But you are not talking about the auto industry. Auto industry operates on a completely different business model.

Unlike auto dealerships, RV dealers are 100% independent businesses. In this case, Jayco must authorize warranty repairs at the dealer as if they were just an independent repair facility.

In a case like yours, I wouldn't want the local dealer trying to fix a bowed wall. I would want the factory to do it.

I agree it's a royal pain in the butt to have to take it back to the factory yourself, you're better off doing it, than leaving it up to the dealer (an independent actor) hiring a transport company, (another independent actor) to take the trailer to the Jayco factory, (a third independent actor).

Just cut out the 2 middlemen and do it yourself. Living in Ohio you are not very far away.

Quote:
I don't take my Chrysler back to Detroit for service. I'm sure as hell not taking my camper back to Indiana. What an inconvenience. I'll post an update tomorrow once I contact Jayco.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:49 AM   #8
Site Team

I would take it back to the factory, if it were me. They schedule these type fixes and from what I hear, you are in and out with out a bunch of delays.

I have not had to do it, but the trip/ tour of the plant was very educational.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:59 AM   #9

I have taken my Precept back to the factory for some warranty repair, Doing it again in April, I have some spider cracks around my windshield, Jayco is sending it out to the body shop they use, We are taking advantage of my daughters spring break and going to hang around there for a few days while the repair is being completed. We live in NJ 650 mile trip each way.
Attached Thumbnails
36UN at CS.jpg  
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:13 AM   #10

Don't know about Jayco but the warrenty on our current TT clearly states that in case of a warrenty repair it shall be TT owners sole responsibility to deliver the unit to the repair site.
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:56 PM   #11

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I have an update. I spoke with Jayco this morning. Their repair center is booked until next July. By then my factory 2 year warranty is out. But the good news is they are extending my warranty and paying a transport company to take it to and from the factory next year. From what I'm being told they are replacing the entire frame from Lippert. Sounds like a major job to me. I guess the frame is flexing causing the wall to bow. They said it's rare but this does happen.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:14 PM   #12

Jayco Warranty

This is a no-brainer!!! I took my unit from SC to IN for a In-Plant Repair. 2 trips, drop off and pick up. Approx $1000 out of pocket for travel expenses. I was one year out of warranty but the concealed water damage to the front of the unit was extensive. Jayco replaced the entire front end and one strip of metal on the side. They even replaced the rear slide out motor as a goodwill juster. They did it on their nickle and on the schedule they provided me which was about one month for the repair. When I went to pick it up my battery had gone dead and would not operate my electric jack. Jayco provided me a new battery free of charge. We feel we couldn't have been were treated any nicer from start to finish.

I figure that Jayco makes them and is better equipped to repair them than a dealer. Overall it was a great experience. I understand that the individual that posted this item is under warranty and might feel differently, however, they have the Jayco Museum and sometimes have Production Line Tours on Friday's. Outside of the Museum they have most new models on display.
mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote